Quality vs, Quantity

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Quality vs, Quantity

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

One evening, I was headed out of my local package store with a six-pack of one of my favorite microbrews, which cost me $9.99 plus deposit. Another customer was heading out of the same store with an 18-pack of Miller Lite which cost $18.99.

The guy asked me how much I paid for my six-pack, and I told him. "Do you realize that, for just under twice the price, I bought three times the beer that you bought?" I smiled and replied "do you realize that, for just over half the cost, I bought beer with three times the flavor of what you bought?"
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Fmotlgroupie
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Quality vs, Quantity

Post by Fmotlgroupie »

I think this might come perilously close to discussing religion but I whole-heatedly agree with you ;)
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:an 18-pack of Miller Lite which cost $18.99
Expensive for carbonated water.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

wserra wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:an 18-pack of Miller Lite which cost $18.99
Expensive for carbonated water.
I'm reminded of the story of the man who took a sip of "lite" beer and after spitting it out in disgust said, "That tastes like horse piss!" In retort, someone was heard to comment, "I say, obviously your culinary experiences must be somewhat broader than mine."

Having said that, there is only one light beer worth more than a couple of dollars a six-pack. And in any event, each bottle is best served with a few ounces of Clamato, a pinch of lime juice, a tiny sprinkle of Penzy's English Prime Rib Rub and a couple of drops of Tabasco. Stir gently, drop in a green olive, insert a celery stalk and enjoy in multiple refills. :wink:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three