Memorial Day

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Memorial Day

Post by JamesVincent »

I know some of you are on my Facebook so going to share with those who aren't.

Just got back from the Memorial Day parade. I received an award, on my uncle's behalf, for his service during WWII and for being wounded at Normandy. After the ceremony was over the kids and I were in the parade itself with a bunch of other veterans. Our lineup was led by a recreation of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and ended with a Wounded Warrior float. Even with generations of servicemen in my family, to the best of my knowledge, we have never lost a family member in the service of their country.

Some people forget that Memorial Day is to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country, not for the living veterans. The ceremony today was about the combat wounded, the ones who paid a steep price but not the ultimate one. Let us not forget them in our prayers but today is about the heroes who laid down their lives for their brothers and sisters.

Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Memorial Day

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

There is an incongruous blending of "Memorial Day" and "Veterans Day" due to the collective societal ignorance of all things historical/military.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three