Canada officially enters recession

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Canada officially enters recession

Post by Jeffrey »

Bad news for the Canadians on this board:
Ottawa (AFP) - Reeling from low oil prices, Canada fell into a recession in the first half of the year, government data confirmed Tuesday...

It is Canada's second recession in seven years and it is the only Group of Seven nation in economic retreat. The figures are the weakest since the 2008 global financial crisis.
http://news.yahoo.com/canada-officially ... 14485.html
Last edited by Jeffrey on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Canada officially enters recession

Post by Burnaby49 »

Jeffrey wrote:Bad news for the Canadians on this board:
Ottawa (AFP) - Reeling from low oil prices, Canada fell into a recession in the first half of the year, government data confirmed Tuesday, putting Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper on the defensive in the run-up to October elections.
http://news.yahoo.com/canada-officially ... 14485.html
1 - I'm fine, ninja says he's fine. I'm 66, I've been through numerous recessions. So have American readers. So what?

2 - This posting has absolutely nothing whatever to do with Quatloos.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Well I saw it pop up on my newsfeed, don't see why odd bits of news can't be posted.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Jeffrey wrote:Well I saw it pop up on my newsfeed, don't see why odd bits of news can't be posted.
Because we're not a general news site? Open that door and Quatloos is about anything that pops into anyone's head.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Not to mention that the reference to PM Harper inches this toward the forbidden field of politics.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Okay that makes sense. Delete the thread.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Instead of deleting the thread, how 'bout deleting the overt political reference(s) and changing the thread to a humorous (or humourous) one:

New title: "Canada Enters Recession. No one notices."
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

AndyK wrote:New title: "Canada Enters Recession. No one notices."
Canada Enters Recession. Moose Turn to Prozac.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

There is two groups in Canada who think the economy revolves around them. The well off and the dirt poor. Most in the oil patch count as well off. And all those toys like big campers, jacked up trucks, million dollar houses, boats, etc are now putting those that blew it faster than they make it in the poor house. Many did not learn the patch is seasonal little own vulnerable to the whims of o.p.e.c.

The fun is yet to come as the repo men circle and many turn to the interwebs for tax, financial and legal advice. This should lead to many Prarie oil boys going all opca in the near future.

To bad for them. They should have realized booms go bust.

But hey, now I can afford to buy a great used motor home on the cheap if I like. The prices of such things are dropping faster than criminal investigations into government overspending and fraud.

Peace,
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

The fun is yet to come as the repo men circle and many turn to the interwebs for tax, financial and legal advice. This should lead to many Prarie oil boys going all opca in the near future.
See, I had a gut feeling this is kinda Quatloos related.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Meanwhile, Quebec doesn't care if Canada goes into recession, as long as they can do so using solely the French language.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

bmxninja357 wrote: The fun is yet to come as the repo men circle and many turn to the interwebs for tax, financial and legal advice. This should lead to many Prarie oil boys going all opca in the near future.
To bad for them. They should have realized booms go bust.
But hey, now I can afford to buy a great used motor home on the cheap if I like. The prices of such things are dropping faster than criminal investigations into government overspending and fraud.
And the OPCA foreclosure gurus are circling like vultures... I have been told by a couple of real estate fraud investigators to hold off posting on Quatloos what "the Group of 15" have discovered going on, since the fraudsters are monitoring my postings and changing their tactics. I'm not sure whether I will abide by their "official" warnings. It seems that a group of amateurs are doing more to hamper the activities of these people than the police are. :brickwall:
With regards to getting a good used motor home on the cheap - I investigated the same thing in the spring since I was thinking like you and was told to wait until October or so, and by then the price will have totally crashed for big boy toys. :snicker:
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Buy in November or December. Christmas will break many banks.

Peace
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....