"Evil Twin" Avoids Prison, But Not His Brother

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
The Observer
Further Moderator

"Evil Twin" Avoids Prison, But Not His Brother

Post by The Observer »

Not exactly a case of a sovrun arguing that he has a strawman, but pretty darn close:
An Emmaus man who acted as his own attorney at trial and used the novel — though unsuccessful — defense of blaming his "evil twin" for a string of armed robberies could have more than a century behind bars to ponder the wisdom of not hiring a lawyer.
Felton...made such a spectacle at his trial that [the judge] told him he could "try the patience of Job"...
As...prosecutors played numerous store security videos that clearly showed Felton's face, his objections became more passionate and nonsensical.
"Freedom of speech," he cried out when a sidebar didn't go his way. "Unfair prejudice," he shouted when Falk showed jurors a gun that police found in Felton's home.
As opposed to "fair prejudice?"
Felton also wept at the defense table and burst into a giggling fit during the trial, forcing the judge to call numerous recesses.
All in all, Felton gave a pretty good impression of a Freeman on the loose in the courtroom. But he lacked the sophistication and articulate language that we have seen Freemen use when getting themselves convicted and incarcerated. So an "A" for effort, but a "C+" for style.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: "Evil Twin" Avoids Prison, But Not His Brother

Post by notorial dissent »

I'm sorry, I always thought "unfair" was part of the definition of prejudice. Silly me!! On a lighter note, it sounds very much to me like Mr Felton should have been a good candidate for a psych eval.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hyrion
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Hyrion »

Article wrote:sentenced Monday to 62 to 124 years
We might have a new record for longest sentence for someone in the OPCA crowd. Admittedly there's not much to go on besides a few points in the article that actually identifies him as OPCA so what little is in the article could be something else.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self