Got an Engineering Job!

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
BoomerSooner17
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Got an Engineering Job!

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

I haven't been on Quatloos very much recently, because I've been balancing my time between working retail and continuing my job search for a position in my major of mechanical engineering. Well, I'm proud to say that after a little more than two years since graduation, I've finally secured an entry-level position as an Instrument Engineer! I start in early December!

I'll still visit Quatloos from time to time, but I won't be a regular poster from now on.
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Got an Engineering Job!

Post by notorial dissent »

Congrats.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Congratulations . . . . .

We hope this moment marks the beginning of a journey of adventures so that some day, you can look back and say "that moment was important for me".
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Very Good!

But not an excuse to ignore us, I try to herd a whole flock of Engineers much as one does cats and I manage to post once in a while.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

A mathematician, a physicist and an engineer all set out to prove the proposition that all odd numbers are prime - which is, of course, absurd. The mathematician's proof: "1 is odd and prime, 3 is odd and prime, 5 is odd and prime, 7 is odd and prime; therefore, by induction, all odd numbers are prime." The physicist's proof: "1 is odd and prime, 3 is odd and prime, 5 is odd and prime, 7 is odd and prime, 9 . . . is an experimental error." The engineer's proof: "1 is odd and prime, 3 is odd and prime, 5 is odd and prime, 7 is odd and prime, 9 is odd and prime, 11 is odd and prime . . ."
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

The optimist says: “The glass is half full.” The pessimist says: “The glass is half empty.” The engineer says: “The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.”
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

And the philosopher says "Are you pouring or drinking?"
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

AndyK wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:50 pm And the philosopher says "Are you pouring or drinking?"
And the psychologist says, "But what do they really mean by saying that?"
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

...AAAANNND I don't have an engineering job anymore. What a time to start working in the oil industry!
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill