Going Medieval in Iowa

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
The Observer
Further Moderator

Going Medieval in Iowa

Post by The Observer »

It's getting weirder in the Halls of Justice and the only explanation I have is that freeman/sovruns have a virus of some sort that is infecting the general population. As an example, a man in Iowa has filed a motion in his divorce case to allow him and his ex-wife to use trial by combat apparently as a substitute for the mediation process. To be fair, he has chivalrously offered his former spouse the right to have her attorney step in as her champion since our medieval Iowan wants to use swords, katanas to be specific, as the weapons of choice.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Going Medieval in Iowa

Post by Jeffrey »

That's pretty amicable as far as divorces go.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I would LOVE to have a transcript of what the judge WANTED their response to be, and what the judge felt compelled to actually say.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Frater I*I
Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

What an idiot....

He doesn't realize that his wife's champion can be anyone she chooses...
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Say this guy;

"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Dark Optimist
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Dark Optimist »

This reminds me of an apocryphal story about Abraham Lincoln I heard in grade school.

Evidently an enemy of Lincoln hired an experienced duelist to challenge Lincoln. The duelist evidently had killed several men and was respected/feared. However he was of middling height - around 5' 6" if I remember correctly.

Lincoln being challenged to a duel, had the choice of time, place and weapons.

Lincoln said, sledgehammers in six feet of water.

The postscript is that Lincoln and the duelist became friends after this challenge.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Considering what Lincoln originally did for a living and those very long arms, kind of like the knife to a gunfight thingy. The six feet of water was a nice touch though.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.