When this is over...

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

When this is over...

Post by Gregg »

I want to have a meal with as many of you as possible!

I'm not going to fly commercial, but I will consider flying myself to go as far west as Kansas City maybe. I have a thing in Boston I'll need to attend and I'll drive there from my second home in Gettysburg, side trips to NYC, Providence and Manchester possible, as well as a southern leg back through DC, Northern Virginia and possibly North Carolina. All in the car.

So, hit me up, we have months to work it out!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Re: When this is over...

Post by AndyK »

Frederick, MD. Your choice of over 20 craft breweries, three distilleries, and a bunch of people who do stuff with grapes.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Gregg wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:32 am I want to have a meal with as many of you as possible!

I'm not going to fly commercial, but I will consider flying myself to go as far west as Kansas City maybe. I have a thing in Boston I'll need to attend and I'll drive there from my second home in Gettysburg, side trips to NYC, Providence and Manchester possible, as well as a southern leg back through DC, Northern Virginia and possibly North Carolina. All in the car.

So, hit me up, we have months to work it out!
My son is the retail sales manager at Trillium Brewery in Boston. In their downtown location, they have a VERY nice restaurant, which would make a nice meeting place. If the chosen location is elsewhere, I can travel somewhat, based on my work schedule and my wife's health status.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

I am holding the fort here in NOVA...an easy drive from many, many great places to eat. Personally I've been thinking about a meal at Joe's Stone Crab in DC for weeks now. And...if that's not your thing the best French fries in the world are at Bourbon Steak.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Peoples favorite restaurants probably won’t exist by the time this is over.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Well let's think of a tentative event.

The Chads down in Harvard Yard want to see me on September 4th. I can't for the life of me think why but I'm doing the incredibly stupd thing and driving a car into Cambridge.

So,we can do the first Event as a dinner on either Friday or Saturday. I will spend Saturday before a feast vandalizing Boston,and then I'll be wanting a proper steak, potato, a frlly dessert and Makers Mark with Coca Cola.
I hope Webhick can attend and she always attends at my expense, the rest of you are on you own.
But I do have a date where someone else will pay for the airline and hotel.

The NYC people might be persuaded to maybeb Rhode Island to meet half way, we figure it out.

Can we work around this?

Northern Virginia /DC later in September. More flexible cause I'll be driving down from Gettysburg.
You're very likely to see me, Root Beer and the Little Red Race Car.

That's easy if I'm in Gettysburg, its only about 90 miles.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

If Boston is to be a meeting place, and restaurants are back to normal, may I suggest the Trillium facility, in the Fort Point area near Northern Avenue? Trillium is one of the top breweries in America, so the craft beer lovers among us will enjoy that; and the food is also outstanding. My son is the retail sales manager; so he can make sure that we are well taken care of.

I have no objection to meeting in Rhode Island or Connecticut; and if work permits, I can be persuaded to head further south.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

No, sold! Boston is a definite, Providence or Connecticut was a possible add on, ket's see how firm the date holds but I'm penciling it in.
Frater I*I
Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

If you're ever in Georgia let me know, I'll get you a few rounds.
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Gregg wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:40 amNo, sold! Boston is a definite
If at all possible, I'm there. Moreover, Trillium sounds ideal - long wanted to visit (i.e., drink their beer). If in Fort Point it's near District Court, right, not far from Amtrak? I once did that walk - kinda long, but a nice day.

Let me know it anyone turns up in NYC - but I'd advise waiting a couple of months.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

New York City works for me, Boston is too far. Although I am still not sure when I will risk leaving my house, with an impaired immune system, I need to be careful.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

wserra wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:11 pm
Gregg wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:40 amNo, sold! Boston is a definite
If at all possible, I'm there. Moreover, Trillium sounds ideal - long wanted to visit (i.e., drink their beer). If in Fort Point it's near District Court, right, not far from Amtrak? I once did that walk - kinda long, but a nice day.

Let me know it anyone turns up in NYC - but I'd advise waiting a couple of months.
The Federal courthouse is an easy walk from South Station; and the Trillium restaurant is on the way there.