Book

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Book

Post by JamesVincent »

As some of the older members know during the period of time where I was homeless I was working on a novel. After getting surgeries over with and other things taken care of I finally got around to finishing it. After talking it over with some others on the board I ended up self-publishing through Amazon. The Kindle and paperback versions are available through Amazon at:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C1HRTBZN

Can't say that sales have been very profitable but, then again, I can't afford to advertise.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Book

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I too have written a novel; but I do not know if I will ever go so far as you have.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:55 am I too have written a novel; but I do not know if I will ever go so far as you have.
I'm working on the sequel to that one and started an entire other series. Just a struggle to sit down and work on them.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Thanks for mentioning this, and I hope you get more buyers and readers! Though I have done a lot of writing over the years, I've not been part of a disciplined group for that which would be necessary to do something long.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)