Now It Can Be Told

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: Now It Can Be Told

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:Yes, I've seen the 213 things list and yes, it's no joke, Furby really isn't allowed in classified spaces. That really is a DOD regulation.
When I was working in a SCIF (that's Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility), they announced the Furby rule at one of our weekly "meet and greet" (I mean, formal introduction) meetings.

They relaxed the rule on cell phones; you could have it with you if turned off and the battery was removed.

Good luck to you.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Trippy wrote:I do NOT envy you, Doktor. Stay safe and keep in touch .... and a heartfelt thank-you for your service.
No, I don't suspect anyone wants to be me right now.

Thank you, Trippy. It's a honor to serve.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:No, I don't suspect anyone wants to be me right now.

Thank you, Trippy. It's a honor to serve.
Wants to be you in your present circumstances, perhaps not.
However, since age 16, I've been deemed "physically unfit for military service."

To this day, I regret the oppoprtunity for that experience and the opportunity to pay back a portion of what I owe.

I truly appreciate that there are others who volunteer to do what I could not.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

The PM function on the site is ****ed up, (it can't find you as a user!) so I'll be brief: Thank you.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Doktor Avalanche

Judge Roy Bean wrote:The PM function on the site is ****ed up, (it can't find you as a user!) so I'll be brief: Thank you.
You're welcome, Judge. And thank you.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

webhick wrote:do you think that you're going to come to love the feeling of hot sand rubbing up against your nether-region?
Making love on the beach once is romantic. Making love on the beach twice is masochistic.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

MODERATOR:

Trash clean-up please.

It seems some idiot is walking through the house with muddy boots on, again.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Nikki wrote:MODERATOR:

Trash clean-up please.

It seems some idiot is walking through the house with muddy boots on, again.
Done.

David, Dr. A's announcement was not an invitation to express your theories on the war(s) or China. I shifted all the posts along those lines to http://quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5444. You can continue the conversation there.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick

Post by webhick »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
webhick wrote:Dr. A, do you think that you're going to come to love the feeling of hot sand rubbing up against your nether-region? If you do, I think my organization can arrange for that to happen frequently upon your safe return. If not, I'll send you over a woman made from old pool plaster so you can start learning to enjoy it.

Oh, I'll also be sending over daily deliveries of marital aides. Feel free to re-gift them to the guys you're serving with. It will make you very popular.

Also, since you're on loan to the army, you should review the 213 things Skippy is no longer allowed to do in the U.S. Army. And while you're down there, ask all the army guys if they know where to find Skippy. I think he'd make a great new bobble-head for my desk.
Webhick, I think I'm going to miss you most of all when I'm in country. :)
That's why I'm giving you marital aides every day. The best way to remember your friends at Q is to open up your mail and have a battery operated boyfriend staring you right in the eye, so to speak. I mean, who else would care for you enough to make you the most popular girl in the army?
Skippy is out of the Army now and has been for quite some time. While he was in he served with the 1st, 6th and 9th PSYOP Battalion. I believe he served in Bosnia.
That's not the point. You have to look for him anyway. You need to go down in history as the guy who starts every conversation with "If you need batteries for that, let me know," "Have you seen Skippy? If I don't find Skippy, they're going to give me a fourth nipple," or "Hey, have you seen my third nipple? I think I may left it near the Sloppy Joe mix...." They might just send you back early.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Doktor Avalanche

webhick wrote:That's not the point. You have to look for him anyway. You need to go down in history as the guy who starts every conversation with "If you need batteries for that, let me know," "Have you seen Skippy? If I don't find Skippy, they're going to give me a fourth nipple," or "Hey, have you seen my third nipple? I think I may left it near the Sloppy Joe mix...." They might just send you back early.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Thanks, Doc. Be safe! If you find internet access - drop us a line.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Doktor Avalanche

Imalawman wrote:Thanks, Doc. Be safe! If you find internet access - drop us a line.
I should be able to - I'm going to be in charge of maintaining it.
Harvester

Post by Harvester »

Thank you for your service Doktor.

“If my sons did not want wars, there would be none” ~ Gutle Schnaper Rothschild
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Too bad you're not paying for your share of that service, Harvmeister, it gives an odd ring to your statement of thanks. People like you are the "welfare queens" of the new millennium - taking a free ride at my expense.
Doktor Avalanche

T minus five days and counting...

Thank you, everyone.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:T minus five days and counting...

Thank you, everyone.
You know, there's still time to run naked through the streets with a rabid raccoon on your head. I don't believe the military would be too keen on keeping you when you've got "unexplained" claw marks on your stomach and thighs.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:T minus five days and counting...

Thank you, everyone.
Keep a cool paw, live, laugh, love and be happy.

Keep the head down and thank you.

Thank you, and all of your buddies.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

webhick wrote:You know, there's still time to run naked through the streets with a rabid raccoon on your head. I don't believe the military would be too keen on keeping you when you've got "unexplained" claw marks on your stomach and thighs.
Iced coffee on the keyboard. Damn.
Demo.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Godspeed, Doktor, and thank you. Be safe.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

God Bless, God speed, and thank you for your service, from an old ex-Army type.
"My Health is Better in November."