Think I may be coming to Manhattan

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Think I may be coming to Manhattan

Post by Burnaby49 »

Also, for any of you in the Pacific Northwest, I've posted before about the Fish Tale, a terrific brew-pub in Olympia. I love their BLTs and the salmon chowder and they have a fantastic dark cider. They've recently opened a second pub in Everett which I'll be checking out tomorrow then I'll spend the night in Olympia re-acquainting myself with the cider. Lunch with Cathulhu on the swing back up. If that isn't the Quatloosian Good Life I don't know what is.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I'll be iin Boston on Sunday for an hour or so.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

webhick wrote:I'll be iin Boston on Sunday for an hour or so.
Too bad it wasn't longer; then I could round up Burzmali and we could all meet....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

wserra wrote:Saturday, Nov. 24, around 6 at the Heartland at 41st and Eighth. Sounds like a plan.
Still my plan....
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

OK. webhick?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
webhick

Post by webhick »

Yup.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
wserra

Post by wserra »

Great!

webhick, Gregg, Obs - please check your PMs.
- David Hume
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Have a most excellent time, you guys.
Demo.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Well, the West coast meeting was memorable. Neither Burnsie or I had known that Harmon's decided to celebrate the Apple cup (big grudge match annually between UW and WSU) by allowing the brass bands from each to be there and play everytime someone scored. Noisiest lunch since Uncle Bob blew up the Christmas turkey!

Parmesan fries still good. Ears still ringing.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
obadiah
Pirate
Pirate

Post by obadiah »

Cathulhu wrote:Well, the West coast meeting was memorable. Neither Burnsie or I had known that Harmon's decided to celebrate the Apple cup (big grudge match annually between UW and WSU) by allowing the brass bands from each to be there and play everytime someone scored. Noisiest lunch since Uncle Bob blew up the Christmas turkey!

Parmesan fries still good. Ears still ringing.
Wish I had seen that. 8)
1. There is a kind of law that I like, which are my own rules, which I call common law. It applies to me.
2. There are many other kinds of law but they don’t apply to me, because I say so."
LLAP
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Demosthenes wrote:Have a most excellent time, you guys.
A splendid time was had by all!

But on a side note, don't sell any life insurance to Pete Seeger, he's looking pretty high mileage, his playing was fine, his voice wasn't terrible but he looked pretty tired.
(he's 93 though, so you gotta admire the guy)
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Gregg wrote:A splendid time was had by all!
Yes, indeed.

Many thanks to all.
- David Hume
webhick

Post by webhick »

Good company, good food, good times.

I promise that next time we meet I won't get so turned around that I wander around for the better part of 40 minutes.

I noticed today that when coming back, my sense of direction is even spot-on in Boston. In NY, I could have been upside down and not known it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Home safe.. the Penn Turnpike was an absolute train wreck, took me 4 hours to go 15 miles around Harrisburg. Chili Dog was thrilled to see me and even more so the new toy and bag of peanuts from Mr. Eds!

We'll have to do this again. And it looks as if the island didn't sink, so I may even consider coming back to NYC.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

For the 'pics or it didn't happen" crowd I present this redacted proof

webhick

Post by webhick »

That's strange, I could have sworn that our faces were supposed to blur when we had our photos taken, not pixelate.

I'll "speak" to R&D. There will be no escape.
wserra

Post by wserra »

No shadows. No reflections. No photos.
- David Hume
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Gregg wrote:For the 'pics or it didn't happen" crowd I present this redacted proof
I thought DMVP had been banned ?
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Finally dug out from all of my priorities awaiting me on my return from New York, so just want to express my appreciation of being able to meet with some of my fellow conspirators and share a tankard or two with them - even if Mrs. Observer wasn't able to find a potable to her liking.

Got a lovely walk in the snowfall on our way to The Cloisters on Tuesday (which was an extended walk due to a shutdown of the "A" train because of a personal injury incident), which thrilled Mrs. Obs to no end as she stopped umpteen times to get another "better" picture of the scenery. I on the other hand, was desperately hoping for the proverbial St. Bernard, keg and all, to be sent by the staff of the museum to rescue us. Nod to Wes for recommending a visit to this museum. A number of lovely medieval and Renaissance artifacts primarily detailing religious art and observance in Europe. A worthwhile visit, indeed.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

The Cloisters, in the Spring, are worthy of a trip to The City on their own.

An incredibly artistic, quiet haven within all the bustle definitely recharges batteries.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders