Keith Richards and Abe Lincoln...

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
searcher

Keith Richards and Abe Lincoln...

Post by searcher »

Hi Gregg,
I LIKE YOU !!!
Re: >It is a matter that those unschooled in law may have to have explained to them.
That's why I am here. By the way, how many times have you been told that Keith Richards looks like you?
searcher

Re: The Real Inaguration

Post by searcher »

Gregg,
" He (Lincoln) certainly didn't meet the Modern Christian right's criteria."
It has been so sad for me to have discovered some things I have about the "True" Abe Lincoln."
Please tell me where I can find the info that I may read,etc., re: your statement, above.
Thanks so much.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

searcher wrote:Gregg,
" He (Lincoln) certainly didn't meet the Modern Christian right's criteria."
It has been so sad for me to have discovered some things I have about the "True" Abe Lincoln."
Please tell me where I can find the info that I may read,etc., re: your statement, above.
Thanks so much.

Herndon, Lamon, Southern Illinois University, Chicago Historical Society (look for Robert Lincoln archive), both Herdon and Lamon are somewhat contriversial but then again, both men knew him very well before he became a national figure. Robert Lincoln controlled his papers and they weren't made public until I think 1913, so many contemporary biographers were denied an important resource.

Assuming you're not just a too smart for your own good troll, (which I will just for now do) there is plenty on Lincoln and his beliefs, including a more or less credible insinuation that he was gay.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

searcher wrote:Hi Gregg,
I LIKE YOU !!!
Re: >It is a matter that those unschooled in law may have to have explained to them.
That's why I am here. By the way, how many times have you been told that Keith Richards looks like you?

I don't like you, but I hardly like anyone, so don't go and cause yourself to assume room temperature just yet. I have never been told I look like Keef, a few people here have seen me in person, so ask them what they think.

Once upon a time someone who had never met me in person asked someone who had what I looked like, and she answered 'Kind of like Keith Richards on a bad hair day"....again, there are people on this site you can ask from their own personal knowledge.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

searcher wrote:Hi Gregg,
I LIKE YOU !!!
Keith Richards looks like no man, he is a force unto himself. (And, no, Gregg does not look like Keith Richards. No more then I look like Fluffy, the Destroyer of Worlds.)
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
searcher

Post by searcher »

Gregg, thank you for the "leads." I asked for the info sincerely.

Re:> Assuming you're not just a too smart for your own good troll, (which I will just for now do)

If I am a troll, I am unaware of it,but there is no doubt I have posted something(s) that make you feel or think I am. If you will cut & paste just one thing I have said that makes you suspicious of me, I will appreciate it. This way, I can analyze my statement & try to see why you think of me as you do. I ask this sincerely also. In all honesty, I have had this problem of communicating with many others most of my life, so it must be me. Sometimes things I say are understood exactly the opposite of what I mean,or intend, so, I don't know what to say. Thanks anyway. I still like you, & I say this based on my understanding of some of your comments. Maybe later you will say something I don't, but who am I ?
searcher

Post by searcher »

Gregg,et.al.,
Re:>I have never been told I look like Keef.
I did not say you did either. This is what I mean by most of the things I say are understood to mean the opposite of what I really said. Read my comment again, & if you,et.al., still come up with the same understanding, I will paint you a picture.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

searcher wrote:Read my comment again, & if you,et.al., still come up with the same understanding, I will paint you a picture.
No need to do that, since the thread is called "The Real Inauguration". Not "Who Looks Like Who".
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
searcher

Post by searcher »

Hey Thule,
ok, so it's improper for me to ask a question because it has nothing to do with,"The Real Inaguration" but it's not improper for the question to be answered by others even tho the answers were not about "The Real Inaguration" & the answers were/are based on an exact opposite understanding of what I said/asked. Why didn't you "advise" Gregg that he should not respond, or,should not have responded to my comment because it had nothing to do with,"The Real Inaguration?" Apparently I am not the only one that has reading comprehension/impediment problems.You,Thule, sound very BRITISH !!
searcher

Post by searcher »

THULE,One last thing,
Yeah, > they < (The Bloody British) ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles
And they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go.
They ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch 'em
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.**
Whoever demoted me to a Scalawag is the REAL REPROBATE !!
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Searcher - Your title is not an idication of demotion. In fact, it is a promotion. Your rank is determined by the number of posts you make. Any title other than one automatically based on the number of posts is an honor awarded by the great ones of Quatloos.
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

My favorite was always "Stowaway in the Mooloh Lounge". No idea what it signifies but it has an attractive louche aspect.

Quatloos Levels

1 - Tourist to Quatloosia
2 - Stowaway in the Mooloh Lounge
3 - Swabby
4 - Gunner’s Mate
5 - Scalawag
6 - Cannoneer
7 - Pirate's Mate
8 - First Mate
9 - Captain
10 - Pirate
11 - Pirate Captain
12 - Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Last edited by Burnaby49 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Burnaby49 wrote:My favorite was always "Stowaway in the Mooloh Lounge". No idea what it signifies but it has an attactive louche aspect.

Quatloos Levels

3 - Swabby
4 - Gunner’s Mate
5 - Scalawag
6 - Cannoneer
7 - Pirate's Mate
8 - First Mate
9 - Captain
10 - Pirate
11 - Pirate Captain
Isn't a Moolooh one of the fraction units in a Quatloos (or one of its multiples)?
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
searcher

Post by searcher »

by LaVidaRoja » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:23 am
Well,then court martial me & demote me back to Gunner's Mate,because I would rather be court martialed & domoted than to be a scalawag. This is my understanding of a scalawag." A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel,a reprobate.Scalawag is and was considered a derogatory term. > Source >(Reference.com)
I know that some quatloos members think of me as a scalawag, & worse, via their curt,etc., answers. On the other hand, there have been some quatloos members who have been polite, kind, courteous, & very helpful to me, & I have tried to thank those who have helped me.
searcher

Post by searcher »

Re: Gregg » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:33 am
@ > "I don't like you...."
Thanks Gregg, after that statement, I would not be to far off by saying I am beginning to love you like a Brother.(: < > :)
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

searcher wrote: Yeah, > they < (The Bloody British) ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles
(etc etc)
I have no idea where you are getting with this, why you seem to think I am British, or the relevance of my nationality.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Thule wrote:
searcher wrote: Yeah, > they < (The Bloody British) ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles
(etc etc)
I have no idea where you are getting with this, why you seem to think I am British, or the relevance of my nationality.
Most of his posts seem to be gibberish unrelated to any topic of substance. It's almost like they are generated by a computer algorithm. I suspect a sovereign having a little fun without wanting to show his true hand. Well, at least Gregg has acquired a new brother.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:My favorite was always "Stowaway in the Mooloh Lounge". No idea what it signifies but it has an attactive louche aspect.

Quatloos Levels

3 - Swabby
4 - Gunner’s Mate
5 - Scalawag
6 - Cannoneer
7 - Pirate's Mate
8 - First Mate
9 - Captain
10 - Pirate
11 - Pirate Captain
Isn't a Moolooh one of the fraction units in a Quatloos (or one of its multiples)?
According to a quick online dictionary search it just means money in general. As a beer guzzler I like the concept of hiding away in an (assumed) drinking establishment ordering another dark malt while the native girls (hey, this is a pirate based ranking system!) vie for my company. An exotic alternative to my real life activity of writing this post after I finished reading tomorrow's edition of the Wall Street Journal online.

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:

Quatloos Levels

3 - Swabby
4 - Gunner’s Mate
5 - Scalawag
6 - Cannoneer
7 - Pirate's Mate
8 - First Mate
9 - Captain
10 - Pirate
11 - Pirate Captain
According to a quick online dictionary search it just means money in general. As a beer guzzler I like the concept of hiding away in an (assumed) drinking establishment ordering another dark malt while the native girls (hey, this is a pirate based ranking system!) vie for my company. An exotic alternative to my real life activity of writing this post after I finished reading tomorrow's edition of the Wall Street Journal online.
In the old version of Quatloos, there was an explanation of exchange rates among Quatloosian denominations. There were Koos, Znoos. Mooloohs and such, in addition to Quatloos. I think that you are thinking of "moolah".

I found the official table of exchange online:

"So what are Quatloos? That's easy - Six Koos make a Quatloo, and Eight Quatloos make a Mooloo. So what are Koos and Mooloos? Well, every Koos is worth Four Plocks, and if you get Six Mooloos together you can trade them for a Znoos."
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

In the old version of Quatloos, there was an explanation of exchange rates among Quatloosian denominations. There were Koos, Znoos. Mooloohs and such, in addition to Quatloos. I think that you are thinking of "moolah".

You're right but I I'm blaming Google. Not having a clue about archaic Star Trek references I typed Mooloh in the Google searchbar and it changed it to Moolah without my noticing.