Keith Richards and Abe Lincoln...

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Re: Keith Richards and Abe Lincoln...

Post by Prof »

As I told you in a PM, my problems came to fruition a number of years after I quit Marlboros for good. It is never too soon to quit, but it is so easy -- I must have quit 50 or 50 times before I was 60.

I have had the a-fib shock treatment -- it works and is non invasive, until it doesn't work. Then you get an ablation from the same guy. It is invasive; it invovles scaring the heart with a laser-tip. It is not fun. It is scary.

Take the electric shock every time.

Again, good luck.
"My Health is Better in November."
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Hang in there, Nutty Drizzle.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Gregg wrote:The big thing is I know now I have to end my 38 year relationship with Phillip Morris, and that's gonna be a challenge....
Well, maybe this will provide you incentive to kick the habit:

Do you really want to be known as the guy who couldn't outlive Keith Richards?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The Observer wrote:
Gregg wrote:The big thing is I know now I have to end my 38 year relationship with Phillip Morris, and that's gonna be a challenge....
Well, maybe this will provide you incentive to kick the habit:

Do you really want to be known as the guy who couldn't outlive Keith Richards?
Ha ha...Keef is gonna live longer than all of us. He'll still be around when the PPs are finally funded, the Dinar RVs and Hendrickson wins a case in Tax Court.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Come on, Gregg! Don't you want to be around to see THAT!!??
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Hell with all this sweetness and light--Gregg, you will get better, or I'll get out the Poetry Appreciation Chair (the one with all the straps) and dust off the Vogon Volumes...
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Gregg wrote:Thank you everyone who posted here, in PMs and even on my facebook page....

It was a little 'Dick Cheney' model heart attack, I was at work where we have a hospital on site and I got into treatment early so I'm good. The sticky wicket to it all was I was still A-fibbing and had to be medicated for a few days to try to get my pulse down, on Monday they put in a stint and then shocked my heart to reset the EKG thingy... (I was out for this part, I'm told you do a pretty impressive jump when they do it)
I have heard about this, but I'm concerned that cardiac surgery skills are now reduced to "just reboot it".

Again, thanks everyone, I should be back to the snarky SOB you all know in a week or so.
Swapping it for a black pudding habit won't help. (I'm trying to keep out of the British cuisine discussion.)
Stay well/get better; we need you here.
He he he

One of my favorite shows is a BBC program called "the IT Crowd" with Chris O'Dowd as a snarky network technician at a company. (think Webhick with an Irish accent).

Anyhow, a running gag on the show is whenever he answers the phone, he answers "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" occasionally followed by "is it plugged in?"
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Okay, Gregg, if this doesn't make you feel better, you're a lost cause.

http://www.wimp.com/engineersdogs/
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Gregg wrote:I don't know how much it had to do with English cuisine, Keef or Searcher, but on Saturday I had a heart attack. I'm home now, and okay.
Oh wow, I just saw this. I hope that you are doing better Gregg.