Boston Marathon

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: Boston Marathon

Post by JamesVincent »

ashlynne39 wrote:
Burzmali wrote:
ashlynne39 wrote:I was watching the press conference and some guy asked if the bombing was a false flag to take away our civil liberties. Then when everyone left the stage, he started screaming that two bombs going off that close together were a false flag and people should wake up. Anyone else hear this guy on the press conference?
Let's hope the cops got to him first once the cameras were turned off.

Apparently it was a "reporter" for Info Wars. I'm not at all surprised to find out he was part of Alex Jones camp.
Wonder how they would explain the fact that multiple videos show people getting injured. Usually when they claim "false flag" they also claim that no one was really hurt, that they were moved somewhere else. In Newtown they claimed that the children were long gone and fostered out or something.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

One of the dead is an 8-year-old boy who lived a mile or so south of me, and probably very close to Burzmali. The boy had just hugged his father, who had just crossed the finish line, and had just returned to where his mother and sister were. The sister lost a leg, and the mother was also hurt; and another sister apparently managed to escape physical injury.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burzmali
Exalted Guardian of the Gilded Quatloos

Post by Burzmali »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:One of the dead is an 8-year-old boy who lived a mile or so south of me, and probably very close to Burzmali. The boy had just hugged his father, who had just crossed the finish line, and had just returned to where his mother and sister were. The sister lost a leg, and the mother was also hurt; and another sister apparently managed to escape physical injury.
Yeah, they live about a half mile from me and their daughter (not sure if it was the injured one or not) is the same age as mine. I've met them a few times through mutual friends and many of my daughter's friends sing with their daughter in Boston City Singers. I didn't recognize the name, until I saw the son's picture.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

The perpetrators should sincerely pray that they are apprehended by the Feds, instead of the Boston PD.

"Your Honor, he committed suicide by shooting himself six times in the head after thowing himself into the wall twenty times."
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I am sure that everyone will be pleased to know that American entrepreneureal spirit is still alive.
Within an hour or so of the explosions, bogus websites were set up to con money from good hearted people.

On another front, WND, virtually the only major website still supportive of Orly Taitz, has published an outrageous story to the effect that (1) WND has really good ties with someone inside Iran govt intelligence (which right away makes me wonder about WND's true sympathies), and (2) this Iranian person has told WND that Iran is responsible for the Boston bombing and even given clues about an international route for the bomb planning. I have a definite memory blank when it comes to intelligence agencies that blamed their own govt for horrible crimes.

Here it is:
http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/u-s-was-warn ... r-attacks/

Apart from blowing up WND's credibility, it tells us nothing. I would expect that a foreign govt out to intimidate us would come up with something considerably more sophisticated that this Very Low Tech backpack bomb.
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

fortinbras wrote:I am sure that everyone will be pleased to know that American entrepreneureal spirit is still alive.
Within an hour or so of the explosions, bogus websites were set up to con money from good hearted people.

On another front, WND, virtually the only major website still supportive of Orly Taitz, has published an outrageous story to the effect that (1) WND has really good ties with someone inside Iran govt intelligence (which right away makes me wonder about WND's true sympathies), and (2) this Iranian person has told WND that Iran is responsible for the Boston bombing and even given clues about an international route for the bomb planning. I have a definite memory blank when it comes to intelligence agencies that blamed their own govt for horrible crimes.

Here it is:
http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/u-s-was-warn ... r-attacks/

Apart from blowing up WND's credibility, it tells us nothing. I would expect that a foreign govt out to intimidate us would come up with something considerably more sophisticated that this Very Low Tech backpack bomb.
So far to my eye, and from what I have heard speculated about, whatever went off were definitely on the level of IEDs. I saw a report earlier that said no traces of C-4, Semtex or other refined high explosive were found (not official that I recall) which leaves us with black powder or fertilizer based very low tech explosives. Could be low tech domestic, could be foreign that weren't able to get anything else in the country, who knows yet. Low blast radius thank God, if it had been higher we would have seen a whole lot more injuries and fatalities among even the runners on the street. A doctor has stated that they were pulling nail like objects from people which means they probably loaded said backpacks with shrapnel just like a land mine. All in all a nasty, but low tech, piece of business.

Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

JamesVincent wrote:...
So far to my eye, and from what I have heard speculated about, whatever went off were definitely on the level of IEDs. I saw a report earlier that said no traces of C-4, Semtex or other refined high explosive were found (not official that I recall) which leaves us with black powder or fertilizer based very low tech explosives. ...
Speculation about speculation about explosives is really silly. :roll:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
JamesVincent wrote:...
So far to my eye, and from what I have heard speculated about, whatever went off were definitely on the level of IEDs. I saw a report earlier that said no traces of C-4, Semtex or other refined high explosive were found (not official that I recall) which leaves us with black powder or fertilizer based very low tech explosives. ...
Speculation about speculation about explosives is really silly. :roll:
I honestly LOLed for that one.

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

fortinbras wrote:Apart from blowing up WND's credibility
Zen question: What is the sound of blowing up something that doesn't exist?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Four theories of the perpetrator(s):

http://news.yahoo.com/whos-behind-bosto ... 00129.html

1. Islamist jihadists

2. Right-wing militia types

3. The government (absurd)

4. A criminally insane lone wolf
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:
fortinbras wrote:Apart from blowing up WND's credibility
Zen question: What is the sound of blowing up something that doesn't exist?
Which brings up the next question: Why bother reporting an article here from a source that has no reputation for credibility, and then spend time debunking it? I would have to guess that it's a form of axe-grinding and only tangentially related to the topic of this thread.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

The Observer wrote:Which brings up the next question: Why bother reporting an article here from a source that has no reputation for credibility, and then spend time debunking it? I would have to guess that it's a form of axe-grinding and only tangentially related to the topic of this thread.
It could lead that way, but WND is the only organization with a specific theory; I'd like to think that we would do the same if CNN provided a specific theory with no facts behind it.
Last edited by Arthur Rubin on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adjust BBCode
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

FBI just announced that all work will be suspended until Monday due to the fiscal recission.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

AndyK wrote:FBI just announced that all work will be suspended until Monday due to the fiscal recission.

:shock:

AndyK

Post by AndyK »

What is most interesting (at least to my twisted mind) is that all the news networks have nonstop, back-to-back talking heads wasting oxygen and electrons just to keep the channel open until some real news breaks.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

AndyK wrote:What is most interesting (at least to my twisted mind) is that all the news networks have nonstop, back-to-back talking heads wasting oxygen and electrons just to keep the channel open until some real news breaks.
Indeed.

There is no longer a bright-line separation between news organizations and the revenue-generating/PR side.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Arthur Rubin wrote:
The Observer wrote:Which brings up the next question: Why bother reporting an article here from a source that has no reputation for credibility, and then spend time debunking it? I would have to guess that it's a form of axe-grinding and only tangentially related to the topic of this thread.
It could lead that way, but WND is the only organization with a specific theory; I'd like to think that we would do the same if CNN provided a specific theory with no facts behind it.
Why? CNN has certainly more credibility than WND. And as we can point out, a number of news organizations had to retract early reports on the bombing due to them getting their facts wrong. Yet no one is bringing those up and spending time debunking the claims or commenting on the credibility of those organizations. It is obvious there is a difference between CNN and WND. I would suggest we are wasting time and electrons reporting on WND reporting.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

Don't know who put this together.

http://imgur.com/a/f2iNp

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Imgur link does not work.

Already on other websites, such as Freedom4um, everybody's playing Junior G-man, trying to guess the identity or motives of the bomber(s) from a smattering of photos - some of them clearly taken more than ten minutes after the explosion. Among the silliness, the suggestion that the bombs had exploded from INSIDE buildings.
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

fortinbras wrote:Imgur link does not work.
The images have been removed. They worked when I posted it.