Winter

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Winter

Post by JamesVincent »

Ok, so who else is tired of winter? So far this winter the kids have used 17 snow days. They no longer have a Spring Break, went to school on Presidents Day and have had the last day pushed back once. Several of the days weren't even for "snow" per se but for below 0 temperatures and a couple of bad ice storms. We lost power from one storm for 4 days. Luckily we have a woodstove, so we had heat, and it was below freezing outside so our frozen stuff was fine.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Re: Winter

Post by Lambkin »

Perhaps it will warm you up to imagine the western states on fire later this year, due to the lack of any mountain snowpack.
Fmotlgroupie
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Fmotlgroupie »

It's going to hit -38 on the thermometer here tonight so yes, yes I'm definitely ready for spring.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Knowing the devastation wildfires can bring I would definitely not wish that on anyone.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

Down where I am it actually went below 50 degrees. I had to dig my jacket out of the closet this morning, and turn on the heater tonight.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

It's the worst winter that I remember weatherwise....

Hopefully in a couple of weeks the snow will be gone and spring will be in full swing.

'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)