Igor the Assassin

Talk about the Nigerian 4-1-9 scam in all its many variations, such as bogus checks sent from Nigeria to purchase used cars in the U.S. and many other variations of this scam.
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Igor the Assassin

Post by Forsyth »

One variation of the Nigerian 419 scam involves receiving an email from a purported hit-man, who advises that they will call off the hit in return for payment. An example of the type of emails that might be exchanged can be found here:

http://pookey.co.uk/assassin.html
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: Igor the Assassin

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Forsyth wrote:One variation of the Nigerian 419 scam involves receiving an email from a purported hit-man, who advises that they will call off the hit in return for payment. An example of the type of emails that might be exchanged can be found here:

http://pookey.co.uk/assassin.html
I got one of those in 2014. It would have been more impressive if they had spelled my name correctly.

I forwarded it to my local FBI office, anyway.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

I received one of those a few years ago.

I replied with something on the order of "Go for it." including a street address in Quantico, Va.

Never heard back.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

AndyK wrote:I replied with something on the order of "Go for it." including a street address in Quantico, Va.
1 Hoover Road, by any chance?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

I don't recall, but it was the address of the Commandant's residence.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

Now I want my own Assassin. No fair you guys get all the fun. I only get the occasional African Prince, Diplomat, and IRS Agent trying to collect before he has to send the Police to arrest me. I will say, the flow of 419/scam email has really slowed down recently, I am not sure if that is due to a crack down, or they are just getting fed up with the responses they regularly get from me. I do like to waste their time, as I hope it takes them away form actually scamming. while I do it on occasion, my brother makes it a sport, known more appropriately as 419 Baiting. If you ever have some time to kill, take a look at the 419 baiter sites on the internet. They really get some of these guys to do amazing things. you can start here: http://www.419eater.com/ but a google search will pull up many more.

My brother actually used his hobby to decorate the bathroom in his Law Office. He uses silly fake names (Think Bart Simpson prank names) and gets checks sent to him, using that name. He then mounts several in a frame, and hangs them up. Instant decoration on the cheap.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
wserra

Post by wserra »

1 Hoover Road in Quantico is the HQ of the FBI Academy. I've given it to scammers too.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Click to enlarge. Here are some samples. Enjoy the names
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.