Latest email

Talk about the Nigerian 4-1-9 scam in all its many variations, such as bogus checks sent from Nigeria to purchase used cars in the U.S. and many other variations of this scam.
Dark Optimist
Scalawag
Scalawag

Latest email

Post by Dark Optimist »

Fortunately for me, this went straight to spam. I received another similar spam last week. I've used this same email for more than 10 years and I think this is the first time the Nigerians have found me at this email.

I also find it interesting that they spoofed the sender as "wb.org" - the initials could match some entities that I have worked with in the past - but want to respond to a gmail account.

Let everyone else be warned!

Beneficiary......PAYMENT hoge
RICHARD DOUGLAS <info@wb.org> Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 9:44 PM
Reply-To: (redacted)@gmail.com
Attention: Sir/Madam

On behalf of the Department Of Treasury Direct-Account Washington DC, and United Nations Cash Grant Award Payment, we wish to notify you as a beneficiary of $20.5 million dollars in compensation of scam victims, you are the next person to pay for the (Scam victims) am here to inform you that we have verified your inheritance file presently on my desk, and I found out that you have not received your payment due to your lack of co-operation and not fulfilling the obligations giving to you in respect to your inheritance payment.

Secondly, you are hereby advised to stop dealing with some non-officials in the bank or any offices as this is an illegal act and you have to stop if you so wish to receive your payment immediately. After the board meeting held at our headquarters, we have resolved in finding a solution to your problem, and as you may know, we have arranged your fund $20.5 million through our Online bank to bank transfer or ATM Master Card, which is the instruction given by Department Of Treasury Direct-Account Washington DC and United Nations Cash Grant Award Payment to you.

Below is the information needed from you urgently?

1) Your Full Name……………
2) Your Mobile Number and Fax……….
3) Your Home address………………
4) Your age and Occupation
5) Your Bank Details
I wait for your urgent respond for the claims of your fund.

Thanks for your maximum co-operation.

Richard Douglas
Department Of Treasury Direct-Account
United Nations Fund's Remittance