Veterans

Talk about the Nigerian 4-1-9 scam in all its many variations, such as bogus checks sent from Nigeria to purchase used cars in the U.S. and many other variations of this scam.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Veterans

Post by JamesVincent »

New scam targeting veterans, VFW has it listed on their website.

http://www.vfw.org/News-and-Events/Arti ... -Veterans/
My name Mike I'm special agent officer working for VFW program Help retired people with some people and disabled and the united states Government to help the deaf people and retied the less privilege all over the world,I want to let you know that you. you are among the list and we're here with your package now.If you're ready to claim your money $50.000.00 get back to us with this following information just to prove and signify that you're the real
Classic Nigerian English.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Veterans

Post by notorial dissent »

And particularly nasty in my opinion.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Veterans of Foreign Wars can be counted on to hire people with a MUCH better grasp of American English.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

fortinbras wrote:Veterans of Foreign Wars can be counted on to hire people with a MUCH better grasp of American English.
You would think but it seems to have been going around and has attracted victims which is why VFW posted it.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The thing is, that most people are trusting by nature and something like this doesn't seem to be a scam at first glance. We had a case here a few years ago where a group was making phone solicitations claiming to be calling for one of the veterans groups, and apparently raked in quite a bit of money until they called the wrong person who got suspicious, called the veterans group and found out that no they weren't making any solicitations at the time, and then next called the state AG's office, who promptly investigated and shut them down for fraud, and the state laws have been considerably tightened since then as a result.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.