We're Back!

This is a message forum open to the public to make comments about Quatloos! and for suggestions meant to improve the website.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

We're Back!

Post by webhick »

After a disastrous server move, we're finally back.

An enthusiastic round of applause is owed to our webmaster, John, who worked tirelessly to fix the problems from their inception!
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: We're Back!

Post by Famspear »

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

I was going through withdrawal symptoms....

:)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Yes, thanks to all involved.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Did you change servers because of the problem or did the problem happen because you changed servers? I ask because I'm totally clueless about even the most basic tech problems.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

My understanding is the latter.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

Was going through withdrawal, especially with HATJ freedom in the balance. Had to activate the Fogbow long dormant account, and dare I say it, post for the first time, over there.

I was slightly concerned that Peter of England had finally made good on his promises to blow the site to the four corners of the earth, but was relieved to find it just an upgrade. Surprised no one took credit while it is down, but then I wouldn't have known, as this site would be my source...

Glad to have it back, not looking worse for wear. Home again :P
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I was sort of in a panic while Quatloos was down and I suggest that there be some alternate internet spot where we can get, at least, a short announcement that the problem is not in our own computers and that management knows of and is working on the problem. Maybe on Facebook. Maybe on the Classic Quatloos website, which does carry some recent postings but which had nothing about this crisis (and didn't respond to my agony email).
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I like the idea of Facebook. I'm not quite sure how to find the Classic Quatloos web site; but that would be a good idea as well.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:I like the idea of Facebook. I'm not quite sure how to find the Classic Quatloos web site; but that would be a good idea as well.
I assume that this is what's meant by "Classic Quatloos web site";

http://quatloosia.blogspot.ca/

Note that Grixit posted this on it;
I just messaged Webhick.

She said that Q is apparently getting a server migration. No ETA.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

webhick

Post by webhick »

http://quatloosia.blogspot.com for those of us who don't fight caribou for fun and profit.

(Blogspot probably redirects you to their Canadian URL)
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

webhick wrote:
http://quatloosia.blogspot.com for those of us who don't fight caribou for fun and profit.

(Blogspot probably redirects you to their Canadian URL)
Canada has it's own Quatloos url? Who knew? I certainly didn't notice the .ca at the end.

Caribou are morons, no fun at all to fight. That's why they are endangered; too stupid to survive. Almost a half century ago I had a summer job prospecting in the Yukon, mostly above the tree line. Herds of Caribou would follow us about for some reason. I didn't need a gun to fight them, I could have beaten their heads in with the rifle butt.

Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

I was wondering what happened.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

Burnaby49 wrote:
That's why they are endangered; too stupid to survive.
I thought caribou (aka reindeer) were endangered due to being overworked as aerial draft animals, usually in teams of eight (or nine, depending on weather conditions).
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

BoomerSooner17 wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:
I thought caribou (aka reindeer) were endangered due to being overworked as aerial draft animals, usually in teams of eight (or nine, depending on weather conditions).
That's just some feel-good BS the animal rights people and environmentalists made up to get public sympathy for the plight of the Caribou. Making us all feel guilty is a good way to grease the wheels towards protective legislation. However there's only so much protection you can give to creatures too stupid to adapt to any change at all.

webhick

Post by webhick »

BoomerSooner17 wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:
They're endangered because there are psychopaths lurking among them.
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

Webhick is correct about not being able to unsee the Abominable Snow Monster's nipples :shock:
And to think that up until now, the only thing about the ASM that bothered me was the fact that Yukon Cornelius, who is shown to have a revolver (a beautiful stag-handled Colt Peacemaker, by the looks of it) earlier in the film, doesn't simply shoot the snowman. :thinking:

*edited to give the author credit; I scrolled right past it at first.
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

webhick wrote:
BoomerSooner17 wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:
They're endangered because there are psychopaths lurking among them.
well lets face it these animals are clearly racist psychopaths. just like the morbidly obese man who keeps slaves and tortures animals. not to mention the break and enters and stalking of children.its cannon people...

but the caribou are no better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ThKV_G4VxI

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....