Server Move

This is a message forum open to the public to make comments about Quatloos! and for suggestions meant to improve the website.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Server Move

Post by grixit »

I had to a couple of times, but it's remembering me again now.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

AndyK wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:52 pm One MINOR annoyance (MINOR WebHick, MINOR)

Almost every time I hit the site it asks me to log in again. Only a few seconds lost, but annoying.

FWIW,I'm on Windows 10 with Chrome.
Try Deleting all Board Cookies.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Seems to have worked. But, it's still stupid computer games. Will let you know of the next glitch that pops up -- if any.

Thanks.
Andy
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

It still will not remember me on the temp address. I have deleted all board cookies,
If I use any old link to Quatloos it goes to a quatloos domain address and wants to log me in with my old password.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:55 pm It still will not remember me on the temp address. I have deleted all board cookies,
It's impossible for the temp address to remember you because the cookies are coded to quatloos.com and not the temp address.
If I use any old link to Quatloos it goes to a quatloos domain address and wants to log me in with my old password.
When I did the transfer, I literally shut down the forum then moved the data to the new server, so I can't see a reason why the forum would insist that you log in with an old password. Could it be that your browser is auto-filling your old password?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Siegfried Shrink

Yes, the password is autofill. But I don;t know if I should be using the temp address or if it now OK to use the quatloos one, is it all over and moved?
Siegfried Shrink

I think I may have it sorted out now.