This is a message forum open to the public to make comments about Quatloos! and for suggestions meant to improve the website.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

The entire website went 404 for a few minutes this morning (within 0700-0820 UTC; I didn't check the exact time). DOS attack?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: 404

Post by notorial dissent »

Oddly enough, mine was showing 202, and then everything was back.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Half an error code?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

I prefer the 808

The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent

Arthur Rubin wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:57 am Half an error code?
That's what threw me.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

NYGman wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:59 am I prefer the 808

I prefer 80085
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Chaos wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:39 pm I prefer 80085
Well played
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent

Now I 'm getting periodically.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

notorial dissent wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:05 pm Now I 'm getting periodically.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Me too.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

In the last 24 hours, I have logged in perhaps twenty times from three different PCs and from my iPhone. No problem at all. It sounds as though connections are not automatically closing when they should do so, usually an issue with the host. Please post here if it happens again.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Doing it for me in the last few minutes.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

doing it to me now and site lagging
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I upgraded ZBBlock this evening, so that should help with the lag. It might also allow some folks to get in easier.

I'll be doing a forum upgrade this weekend. We'll see how many problems persist after that.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

webhick wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:11 am I upgraded ZBBlock this evening, so that should help with the lag. It might also allow some folks to get in easier.

I'll be doing a forum upgrade this weekend. We'll see how many problems persist after that.
Well I can name one problem that, far from persisting, was actually created by the upgrade. I was totally blocked from Quatloos from the Saturday upgrade to today, not by a 404 error but something called a 403 error. I had no access to any of the website, even the home page. Why? Our master ZB Block 0.6.5 identified my computer as that vile creature bot KBAS.60 and banished me to outer darkness with a gibberish message mocking me and my computer. This, in big bold letters, apparently explained my predicament;
STOP! This website runs a protection script to keep spammers, bots, and other unwanted connections away ... and the protection script found a problem with your connection.

The reason(s) your connection was interrupted are;

Outdated browser (EOLB.E/MSIE/OPR). Suspected Bot Detected (KBAS.60)
It meant nothing to me but Wes understood. He suggested that, like its owner, my operating system and browser might be a bit past their best before dates. OUTDATED? Windows XP? Outlook Explorer Version 8? These are classics. But that was apparently the problem. Just because I'm getting value for money by keeping the same operating system for about 20 years ZB Block, after a new shiny upgrade, decided I was no longer classy enough for the neighbourhood. Wes's entirely reasonable suggestion was that it was probably about time to buy a new computer. Point taken. I love XP, I've had it longer than Quatloos has existed but it's getting to be somewhat dysfunctional as is my Pentium 4 which I bought in 2003. So, Wes and Webhick, the writing is on the wall and I'll start looking, honest. And Webhick, thanks for whatever magic (anything that is totally beyond my comprehension must be magic) got me back on again.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

The Saturday upgrade didn't happen, so that wasn't it.

You would have been blocked from the zbblock upgrade on...Thursday?

I dug into the signature files and loosened up some settings that seemed too sweeping.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

webhick wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:57 am The Saturday upgrade didn't happen, so that wasn't it.

You would have been blocked from the zbblock upgrade on...Thursday?

I dug into the signature files and loosened up some settings that seemed too sweeping.
I checked back on my first email to Wes and I sent it at 4:11 PM on Friday April 26th so, matby Thursday and I next checked Quatloos on Friday. So back my comments up a few days and whatever Zblock didn't like about XP it decided not to like on Thursday. As for loosening up settings on signature files that means as much to me as the message Zblock sent but whatever you did did the trick.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs