Legal Issues

Discussion of a variety of scams, including dating service scams, cyber-currencies, and other frauds and scams.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Legal Issues

Post by Arthur Rubin »

That's the title of an E-mail I received today. The body is:
Dear Attorney, I want to inquire if you draft commercial business/lease agreements. I got your contact information from the online bar directory. Kindly let me know so I can furnish you with more details. We would appreciate a referral if it's not your specialty. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Regards, Greg Hancock
I may appear to claim to be an attorney from time to time, but I doubt I appear in an "online bar directory". (No, not the kind of "bar directory" that burnaby frequents, either.)
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Legal Issues

Post by Burnaby49 »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:49 am That's the title of an E-mail I received today. The body is:
Dear Attorney, I want to inquire if you draft commercial business/lease agreements. I got your contact information from the online bar directory. Kindly let me know so I can furnish you with more details. We would appreciate a referral if it's not your specialty. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Regards, Greg Hancock
I may appear to claim to be an attorney from time to time, but I doubt I appear in an "online bar directory". (No, not the kind of "bar directory" that burnaby frequents, either.)
It's beyond me why I continue to contribute to Quatloos when all I get in return are libelous insults. I do not frequent bars. I rarely go to such disreputable establishments. I relentlessly pursue my downward alcoholic spiral in pubs.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:31 am

It's beyond me why I continue to contribute to Quatloos when all I get in return are libelous insults. I do not frequent bars. I rarely go to such disreputable establishments. I relentlessly pursue my downward alcoholic spiral in pubs.
Cuz you love the abuse.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Don't flatter yourselves. I don't need you people for that, I'm married.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Got another one today. Left a company website (from Australia) and a mailing address (name of company and suite number redacted) 777 Hornby Street Vancouver, B.C. Canada V6Z 1S4. Is that a real address?

I used the "Contact" page from the company's website. We'll see if anything comes of it.

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Today:
Dear Attorney, I want to inquire if you draft commercial business/lease agreements. I got your contact information from the online bar directory. Kindly let me know so I can furnish you with more details. We would appreciate a referral if it's not your specialty. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Regards, Mr. Greg Hancock – Non Executive Director Strata-X Energy Ltd 2080 – 777 Hornby Street Vancouver, B.C. Canada V6Z 1S4 [Link deleted.]
Look familiar?

"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

To answer Arthur, 777 Hornby is a real address, a new high rise office building in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Suite 2080, 777 Hornby, the purported address of Strata-X Energy Ltd., is the office of Armstrong Simpson, an entirely legit legal firm. There is a Strata-X energy Limited headquartered in Vancouver but it is on Heather Street, well away from downtown.

Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

wserra wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:44 pm Today:
Dear Attorney, I want to inquire if you draft commercial business/lease agreements. I got your contact information from the online bar directory. Kindly let me know so I can furnish you with more details. We would appreciate a referral if it's not your specialty. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Regards, Mr. Greg Hancock – Non Executive Director Strata-X Energy Ltd 2080 – 777 Hornby Street Vancouver, B.C. Canada V6Z 1S4 [Link deleted.]
Look familiar?
But you are listed in bar directories, and possibly some are online....