Fake priest tax denier convicted

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Fake priest tax denier convicted

Post by Demosthenes »

Fake priest convicted on tax fraud charges

By LARRY KELLER
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Friday, August 22, 2008

A Jupiter Farms man who pretended to be a priest has been convicted in federal court on tax fraud charges.

Earl R. Wolfe, 59, is scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 16 following his conviction Thursday of conspiring to defraud the United States and six counts of filing a false tax return.

His co-defendants, his girlfriend, Linda Edell, 60, and Lawrence Legel, 61, pleaded guilty earlier this month and are scheduled to be sentenced Sept. 29.

From 1999 through 2004 Wolfe reported $600 of income on tax returns, when in fact he earned more than $750,000 as an unlicensed architect based in Pompano Beach, according to evidence presented at his trial.

Wolfe tried to conceal his income by cashing more than $600,000 at a check cashing store, and by claiming to be a priest and creating a Nevada corporation which purported to be a tax exempt entity. He then transferred ownership of his home and two 2004 Harley-Davidson motorcyles to the so-called ministry.
Demo.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Re: Fake priest tax denier convicted

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

CaptainKickback wrote:I have said it before elsewhere and now I say it again - Burn him to the ground. Seize everything - every penny, every piece of property and every piece of real estate, so that not only does he get to spend a few years in the Federal hoosegow considering his fate, but as a bonus, he gets to spend that time considering he won't have a pot to p*ss in when he gets out - if he ever does.

Greedy little piggy is getting exactly what he deserves.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Doktor Avalanche

CaptainKickback wrote:Now, now, Doktor A, I did not say break him (on a rack), I said burn him to the ground, which is a lot quicker.........
Yeah, but you have to admit the rack is a lot more fun - and certainly slower which adds for more entertainment bang for your buck.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
The Dog
First Mate
First Mate

Post by The Dog »

CaptainKickback wrote:Now, now, Doktor A, I did not say break him (on a rack), I said burn him to the ground, which is a lot quicker.........
Fetch the comfy chair!
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

From 1999 through 2004 Wolfe reported $600 of income on tax returns, when in fact he earned more than $750,000 as an unlicensed architect based in Pompano Beach, according to evidence presented at his trial.
[drum roll, music intro, fanfare....] "Fake priest-tax denier-unlicensed architect-pseudo tax exempt Nevada corporate-check cashers . . . . and the women who love to live with their abusive ways! This week, on Jerry Springer!"
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:Exactly what he deserves.

Okay, who snuck the concealed camera into the Tax Court?
Doktor Avalanche

Nikki wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:Exactly what he deserves.

Okay, who snuck the concealed camera into the Tax Court?
That would be me. My spies are everywhere. :twisted:
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:I have said it before elsewhere and now I say it again - Burn him to the ground. Seize everything - every penny, every piece of property and every piece of real estate, so that not only does he get to spend a few years in the Federal hoosegow considering his fate, but as a bonus, he gets to spend that time considering he won't have a pot to p*ss in when he gets out - if he ever does.

Greedy little piggy is getting exactly what he deserves.
Someone make that the avatar for the "LAmbasciatore de Latveria" rank. You know, just to make it clear to newcomers where he stands on the important issues.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Who the He** paid an unlicensed architect that amount of money for that long?

Something just doesn't sound right.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Those swiss are no pikers!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Doktor Avalanche

grixit wrote:Those swiss are no pikers!
You are hereby charged with poor humor. I will be filing a motion with Judge Bean for an upward departure on your fine.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Bogus priest sentenced for not paying taxes

By SUSAN SPENCER-WENDEL

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Friday, November 14, 2008

A Jupiter Farms man who federal prosecutors say paid no income tax since 1989 has been sentenced to 4 1/2 years in federal prison.

Earl R. Wolfe, 60, reported $600 in income to the Internal Revenue Service when he actually earned more than $750,000. And he attempted to hide assets from the IRS by falsely claiming to be a priest, according to federal prosecutors.

In addition to the prison sentence, Wolfe was ordered to pay nearly $225,000 in restitution.

"He was under the mistaken belief that the tax laws didn't apply to him. I think he's changed his mind," said the attorney who represented Wolfe at sentencing, Paul D. Lazarus of Fort Lauderdale.

In September, Wolfe was found guilty by a Fort Lauderdale jury of conspiring to defraud the United States and filing false tax returns.

Lazarus said Wolfe fell prey to the same anti-tax movement that got actor Wesley Snipes in trouble and was gullible enough to believe what they said.

"He now understands that most of the people who gave him advice are in jail," Lazarus said.

Federal prosecutors said that Wolfe concealed assets by creating the Office of Presiding Overseer of the Domicile Creators Service Ministry, which purported to be a tax-exempt religious entity. Wolfe then transferred ownership of his personal residence and two Harley Davidson motorcycles to the so-called ministry.

Actor Snipes - himself sentenced to three years in federal prison this year for willfully failing to file tax returns - was a member of American Rights Litigators. Prosecutors have described that organization and its successor company, Guiding Light of God Ministries, as illegal tax-evasion schemes.

"Today's sentence sends a crystal clear message, to all those engaged in or contemplating illegal tax defier conduct, that the government will investigate and prosecute you to the full extent of the law, resulting in years of imprisonment, payment of all the taxes owed plus penalties and interest, and being branded a felon for the rest of your life," said Nathan J. Hochman, Assistant Attorney General of the Justice Department's Tax Division.
Demo.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

I knew they were gonna throw the good book at him.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume