Non Payment of Taxes resulting in Revoked Driver's License

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Non Payment of Taxes resulting in Revoked Driver's License

Post by notorial dissent »

Unfortunately, I do think it is typical, as I have seen the same thing happen in my local jurisdiction, when after the judge in question had screwed up for the last time, instead of removing him as they should have, they moved him to family court, there being no openings in the yard violations court at the time, and where he continued to his ways, and eventually retired for “health reasons”. The funny part was that his ineptness was a secret to no one, they just couldn't bring themselves to can him, his on going bad press was the reason he got demoted in the first place.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burzmali
Exalted Guardian of the Gilded Quatloos

Post by Burzmali »

Canceled checks can conclusively prove that child support payments were made. If a similarly conclusive method could be devised to prove that visitation rights were satisfied, the system could be just as automated. Until then, automating the system would just give vengeful non-custodial parents another cheap way to attack their former spouses.
mutter

Post by mutter »

notorial dissent wrote:Unfortunately, I do think it is typical, as I have seen the same thing happen in my local jurisdiction, when after the judge in question had screwed up for the last time, instead of removing him as they should have, they moved him to family court, there being no openings in the yard violations court at the time, and where he continued to his ways, and eventually retired for “health reasons”. The funny part was that his ineptness was a secret to no one, they just couldn't bring themselves to can him, his on going bad press was the reason he got demoted in the first place.
I find the same thing here in Delaware. The Family court seems to be screwed up all over the place.
mutter

Post by mutter »

Burzmali wrote:Canceled checks can conclusively prove that child support payments were made. If a similarly conclusive method could be devised to prove that visitation rights were satisfied, the system could be just as automated. Until then, automating the system would just give vengeful non-custodial parents another cheap way to attack their former spouses.
Here In DE the system is automated. My child support is taken out with the taxes, sent to the appropriate Department who sends the X a check or direct deposit. this way you keep hostile Xes away from each other and there is never any he said she said on payments.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

A few comments from the trenches. In Texas, while there may be dedicated Family Court Judges, and, in some counties like mine, dedicated "associate" Judges or Masters, all "real" judges, as opposed to the associate judges,are elected to either the county or district benches. Where there are special family courts, a judge seeks out the position either for election or for appointment as a "master."

Where there are no special courts, and even in some places where there are family courts, unfortunately, the press of domestic relations cases is so great that all district judges on the state level (except for those who are elected to criminal benches in the three large cities) have dockets that are over 50% domestic relations. My friends on the Texas District Courts constantly complain about the press of chld support, divorce, property division (who gets the washer dryer) cases. I see judges just get burned out doing these cases. That may explain why so many of the people who go thru DR court leave with a foul taste.
"My Health is Better in November."
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

I can concur in regard child support and visitation; my (indirect*) employee had a child support collection order in place. According to my calculations, with 50% of net diversion for back child support, she should be paid up sometime in the next century. Maybe. (There's no current child support due because they're all over 18.)

It may be that she's not sufficiently competent to contract with Legal Aid, but there are a number of things she should be doing in order to attempt to collect the child support from another party.

I don't feel at liberty to go into more details, but, as far as I can tell, the initial amount of child support she owed exceeded her income.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95