What you're swearing to when you sign a 1040

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Van Pelt wrote:What about a lien simply arising out of law?
Can you believe it? Van Pelt is actually admitting that a lien may arise simply by operation of law. No jack-booted thug necessary. No more "the NFTL is the same as the lien."

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

So the suitor didn't get his money back? What a shocker! But I have been telling that to you since day one - employers, bankers and brokers aren't going to fall for that "terminated" lien nonsense. That is why the broker called the IRS for instruction.

Let me guess: is this the point where you told the suitor he would have to go see the lawyer in black robes?
It says:

http://ecclesia.org/forum/uploads/bonds ... uitors.zip
...this notice shall constitute the certificate of release of lien as defined in IRC 6325(a).
And it says nothing of having to wait until the day after the date in column (e). It states clearly that the release is immediate. So the suitor simply told the broker to read it carefully.

Regards,

David Merrill.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

And the link specifies nothing about the suitor's money. So I agree with . - the suitor's money got forwarded to the IRS. The suitor, wanting to get back at you for fooling him about liens being "terminated", then slipped you a copy of that facsimile and told you it was a lien "release." It is always worth a chuckle or two to see two thieves cheating each other.

But please let us know when you get around to getting an actual copy of the certificate of lien and/or certificate of the lien release. Then maybe, just maybe we will start taking you seriously.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

The Observer wrote:And the link specifies nothing about the suitor's money. So I agree with . - the suitor's money got forwarded to the IRS. The suitor, wanting to get back at you for fooling him about liens being "terminated", then slipped you a copy of that facsimile and told you it was a lien "release." It is always worth a chuckle or two to see two thieves cheating each other.

But please let us know when you get around to getting an actual copy of the certificate of lien and/or certificate of the lien release. Then maybe, just maybe we will start taking you seriously.
http://ecclesia.org/forum/uploads/bonds ... uitors.zip

I assumed you saw that the release was honored as such by the broker. Once the release was published, it was used to clean up the suitor's credit reports too.

Regards,

David Merrill.

http://www.box.net/shared/static/6u1vsgumyq.gif
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

There was nothing in there that expressly said that the broker returned the monies to the "suitor." Nor was there anything in there that proves that the "suitor's" credit report was "cleaned up." That is just hearsay from you.

As I said before, pull a copy of the NFTL that has the recorder's stamp and then we will have something to talk about. Otherwise you are just confirming that you got fooled by your suitor.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

The Observer wrote:There was nothing in there that expressly said that the broker returned the monies to the "suitor." Nor was there anything in there that proves that the "suitor's" credit report was "cleaned up." That is just hearsay from you.

As I said before, pull a copy of the NFTL that has the recorder's stamp and then we will have something to talk about. Otherwise you are just confirming that you got fooled by your suitor.
In your mind.

Back on point. One really needs to participate through ignorance, like becoming responsible fiduciary holding and trading stock certificates in the Fed evidenced by a signature on a 1040 Form, to cure any proper lien against yourself.

What The Observer confirms is that the whole big spat about the verbiage on the fax being a release was completely disengenuous. Nobody here ever believed it from the start; that:

The NFTL says:
IMPORTANT RELEASE INFORMATION: For each assessment listed below, unless notice of lien is refiled by the date given in column (e), this notice shall, on the day following such date, operate as a certificate of release as defined in IRC 6325(a).
and the Release of Lien says:
With respect to each assessment below, unless notice of lien is refiled by the date in column (e), this notice shall constitute the certificate of release of lien as defined in IRC 6325(a).
said the same thing.

Regards,

David Merrill.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

David Merrill wrote:In your mind.

Nope. There is nothing in there that states that the broker returned the money to the suitor. So it can't be in my mind. However, I do know it is in your mind that something wonderful happened, merely because someone scrawled something on a unrecorded facsimile. I suppose if someone came along and handed you a Monopoly deed for Park Place and scrawled "Granted to David Merrill" and an address, in your mind you would think that you now own real property in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Back on point. One really needs to participate through ignorance, like becoming responsible fiduciary holding and trading stock certificates in the Fed evidenced by a signature on a 1040 Form, to cure any proper lien against yourself.
Let me get this straight - in order to cure a lien, you have to be ignorant? Well, you have the ignorant part mastered.

What The Observer confirms...

No, what I confirmed is that you are relying on hearsay of a suitor instead of relying on the official recorded document at the county recorder's office. Is there a reason you are trying to avoid looking at that document?

David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

I am sure you would agree that your obsession over something I have not even bothered proving is in your mind.

Regards,

David Merrill.

P.S. I am still chuckling about JRB's proposed injunction on my linking evidence of my assertions. Thank you for that JRB!!
ga1150

What you're swearing to when you sign a 1040

Post by ga1150 »

Just a question...

If you are required by law to file a tax return, then the requirement also exists that everything that you put on that form must be true. Why them, must you sign it stating that it is?
silversopp

Re: What you're swearing to when you sign a 1040

Post by silversopp »

ga1150 wrote:Just a question...

If you are required by law to file a tax return, then the requirement also exists that everything that you put on that form must be true. Why them, must you sign it stating that it is?
One does not sign that everything on the 1040 is true.
ga1150

Post by ga1150 »

silversopp wrote:

Sorry, guess I misread this....

"Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this return and accompanying schedules and statements, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, they are true, correct, and complete."
grammarian44

Post by grammarian44 »

Your question presupposes something you have by no means established.

If you are required to file a tax return by law, then how does it necessarily follow that everything you put on that form must be true? Why does that requirement "also exist," as you put it?

Hypothetically, you could be required to file whether or not what you write is true.

All that aside, isn't it incredibly obvious why they ask you to sign? Every time you complete any legal document, you are asked to sign, so that your identity can be verified, no? If you were to complete a will, you would have to sign it before it would become effective. If you enter into a contract with someone, you are asked to sign. If you apply for a marriage license....a fishing license....a job...any government benefit....the list goes on.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

ga1150 wrote:
silversopp wrote:

"Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this return and accompanying schedules and statements, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, they are true, correct, and complete."
Notice its says to the best of your knowledge and belief. You might be wrong - thus, you do not sign that it is the truth, only you know and believe it to be. (belief is not subject, but rather an objective good faith belief)
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Just to review what we're actually talking about:

26 USC sec. 6061(a) (in part):

-----"Except as otherwise provided by subsection (b) and sections 6062 and 6063, any return, statement, or other document required to be made under any provision of the internal revenue laws or regulations shall be signed in accordance with forms or regulations prescribed by the Secretary."

26 USC 6065:

----"Except as otherwise provided by the Secretary, any return, declaration, statement, or other document required to be made under any provision of the internal revenue laws or regulations shall contain or be verified by a written declaration that it is made under the penalties of perjury."

26 USC 7206 (in part):

-----"Any person who—

-----"(1) Declaration under penalties of perjury

-----"Willfully makes and subscribes any return, statement, or other document, which contains or is verified by a written declaration that it is made under the penalties of perjury, and which he does not believe to be true and correct as to every material matter [ . . . ]

-----"shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than $100,000 ($500,000 in the case of a corporation), or imprisoned not more than 3 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution."

Boring perhaps, but to the point. -- Famspear
John J. Bulten

Post by John J. Bulten »

ga1150 wrote:Sorry, guess I misread this....

Welcome ga1150! Yes, you are swearing that you know the facts to be true, and believe the legal conclusions to be correct. Either your knowledge or your belief could be wrong, but they are yours.

By the way, 1150, if you disagree with the majority of Quatloos posters (like I do), you'd do better to confront them with direct head-on rather than subtle leading questions. Since this thread is about to close at about 100 replies, you might start a new thread with a well-defended position or question. Here's an example, taken from circumstances featured at losthorizons.com:

If Judge Nancy orders me to fill out a 1040 to the effect that I know and believe certain payments derived income, and I don't know or believe that to be true or correct, how many years would she serve in prison as a first-time offender for subornation of perjury and witness tampering?
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Dear GA1150: While you're absorbing Mr. Bulten's questions, you might want to also consider asking him whether he "believes" he will be able to persuade the jury that his "Bulten Belief" will rise to the level of an "AGF belief" if he ever goes to court (he'll know what you're talking about). --Famspear
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Oh, hey Bulten -- I didn't see you standing there! Soooo, you're still trying to fool people with your "since I don't 'believe' the law makes my wages taxable, why should I be required to sign a Form 1040 under penalties of perjury showing those wages as taxable and wouldn't that mean I'd be guilty of perjury" argument? Naughty, naughty. --Famspear
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Oh, Mr. Bulten, another thing -- Do you "believe" that under the law your wages are not taxable in the same way you "believe" (if such is the case) that you actually COULD or WOULD be prosecuted for perjury for signing and filing a tax return that reports those wages as taxable? Hmmm? Are you going to try to convince us you believe that, too? --Famspear
David Merrill

hilarious!!

Post by David Merrill »

silversopp wrote:

That is hilarious!!
silversopp

Post by silversopp »

ga1150 wrote:
silversopp wrote: One does not sign that everything on the 1040 is true.

Yep, you misread it. It's not that uncommon of a mistake though.