A lottery winner wants to give you money

A forum for posting "You have one the lottery" letters, and for asking whether the e-mail that your received is real (it isn't). Real lotteries do NOT advise winners by e-mail, and they do NOT require the payment of any fees up-front.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

A lottery winner wants to give you money

Post by Arthur Rubin »

I'm not sure what the scam is, exactly....; it was sent to my phone as an attachment to a text message, and I can't figure out how to forward it to my E-mail.

The meat seems to be a recent Canadian lottery winner of $70,000,000 (appears to be real winners, but probably not their real E-mail address), wants to donate money to charity, and is willing to delegate some of the effort to you. You need to send some personal information (but, actually, not much more than is available about me on the Internet, as my address and E-mail are in professional society directories) in order to take the next step. Not yet asking for bank account information, yet.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: A lottery winner wants to give you money

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

That will come, before long, for anyone who answers.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: A lottery winner wants to give you money

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Let me correct my message above. I think I forwarded it correctly to my E-mail, but it was correctly regarded as spam or phishing, in one of the E-mail folders. I'll see if I can post the meat, later.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95