Lentz, Karl

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: Lentz, Karl

Post by JamesVincent »

One of my best food memories as a kid was on the walk back from church on Sunday with my mother. Everytime it was nice we would walk the mile or so to church. The trip passed a little truck stop cafe that would open after church was out. I would always get a scrapple, egg and cheese sandwich. About a half inch thick slice of scrapple (fried), three eggs (fried), thick slice of American cheese on Texas toast that was toasted in the same skillet that the scrapple was fried in. Heart attack never tasted so good.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

I probably should know this, but I don't feel like researching it. What is "scrapple" in Yankee?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Scrapple = anything left over from a pig boiled up with some form of filler, ground, and formed into a loaf. Cut slices off it and fry. About the only rules are that it has to contain liver and something high in collagen such as hocks, trotters, or the head.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

eric wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:23 am Scrapple = anything left over from a pig boiled up with some form of filler, ground, and formed into a loaf. Cut slices off it and fry. About the only rules are that it has to contain liver and something high in collagen such as hocks, trotters, or the head.
Scrapple = offal = awful.

That about sums it up.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:12 am I probably should know this, but I don't feel like researching it. What is "scrapple" in Yankee?
Something like American haggis.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

The Observer wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:21 pm
eric wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:23 am Scrapple = anything left over from a pig boiled up with some form of filler, ground, and formed into a loaf. Cut slices off it and fry. About the only rules are that it has to contain liver and something high in collagen such as hocks, trotters, or the head.
Scrapple = offal = awful.

That about sums it up.
Probably more nutritious than that American icon, hot dogs.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:50 pm
Probably more nutritious than that American icon, hot dogs.
You have to have seen the movie "Great Outdoors" with John Candy and Dan Akroyd to know how hilarious that statement is. lol

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

This thread appears to have taken a dark turn. Lentz apparently arrested for torturing and killing an animal.

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Actually, many, many animals. Lentz been charged with what VA calls "tortures, willfully inflicts inhumane injury or pain not connected with bona fide scientific or medical experimentation, or cruelly and unnecessarily beats, maims, mutilates or kills any animal whether belonging to himself or another". VA Code Art. 9, § 3.2-6570. It's a felony. Following a civil hearing about a month after his arrest, a court upheld the seizure of the live (but very sick) animals and prohibited Lentz from owning any more. Moreover, from VA court records it appears that Lentz is still in jail after three months. His next court date is Monday.

Why, Karl, I thought three little words would get you out of anything.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:14 pm Why, Karl, I thought three little words would get you out of anything.
I am guessing that the words aren't "I am sorry."

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra

Post by wserra »

Burnaby's encyclopedic post about a Canadian Lentz wannabe prompted me to update our info on the original. Unfortunately, VA online court records are not what they could be, and what I found is somewhat ambiguous.

Since the last post, Lentz was in court on Sept 11; the only entry is "Continued". He was next in court Oct 6; the docket shows "Continued" and "Agreement". A plea agreement? Maybe, but the column headed "Plea" is blank. A bond agreement? Maybe, but the "Status" box is still marked "Custody". So who knows what happened? His next court appearance is Jan 26.
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Apparently he's still in jail.
- David Hume
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

He has to eat broccoli, sounds like he's in a hellhole.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:38 pm He has to eat broccoli, sounds like he's in a hellhole.
It's worse than that. The opening words to that video state that Lentz needs help. I thought he had a proven method that would stand up in court. He must be so humiliated having to beg for help.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Maybe he can get Naomi Arbabi to act for him.

wserra

Post by wserra »

As I've written before, VA's online court records leave much to be desired. Still, it appears clear that this past Friday (Jan 26, 2024) Lentz was released after spending over seven months in jail. The "Final Disposition" is "Nolle prosequi", meaning in all likelihood that the VA State's Attorney's office concluded that the time he had spent locked up was sufficient, and declined to further prosecute.

I would love to see what Lentz filed, along with the court's reaction to same. However, it appears that would require a visit to the Augusta General District Court at 6 E Johnson St, Staunton, VA 24401, phone: (540) 245-5300. That's a long way from New York.

Hint, hint.
- David Hume
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

wserra wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:51 pm Hint, hint.
From what I remember there were a few of us in Maryland but Staunton is still a few hour drive for me at least. Still, might be worth the 13mpg my truck currently gets to find out what exactly happened there.

NYGman

Post by NYGman »

wserra wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:51 pm The "Final Disposition" is "Nolle prosequi", meaning in all likelihood that the VA State's Attorney's office concluded that the time he had spent locked up was sufficient, and declined to further prosecute
So will he be claiming this as a victory?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
wserra

Post by wserra »

NYGman wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:32 pmSo will he be claiming this as a victory?
Since he - like every other sov guru - claims that outright losses are victories, I would certainly assume so. That's why I would pay a visit to the clerk's office in Staunton, were I closer. Since GPS shows it to be six hours each way, I don't think so.

BTW, I spoke this morning to a clerk in that office. She verified that a visit there is the only way currently to get copies of the filings. She said that Lentz himself has filed "hundreds of pages" of stuff - I'm shocked, shocked, I tell you - all of which is scanned in. However, you can only get copies by printing, and that is $ .50 per page. Here, prosecutors will typically nolle cases with a filing explaining why, but I have no idea if that is the practice in semi-rural VA.
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I should be about an hour’s drive from Staunton sometime around September-October. I could check out the filing if you haven’t gotten to it by that time. But I would need some guidance as to what is actually needed since I won’t pay for Lentz’s garbage.