Kotmair, John Jr.

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Kotmair, John Jr.

Post by LPC »

The Fourth Circuit has affirmed the permanent injunction against John Kotmair Jr. and Save-a-Patriot.

United States v. John B. Kotmair, Jr. et al., 2007 TNT 146-49, No. 07-1156 (4th Cir. 7/26/2007).
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
Plaintiff - Appellee,
v.
JOHN B. KOTMAIR, JR., D/B/A SAVE-A-PATRIOT
FELLOWSHIP AND NATIONAL WORKERS RIGHTS
COMMITTEE; SAVE-A-PATRIOT FELLOWSHIP, AN
UNINCORPORATED ASSOCIATION,
Defendants - Appellants.

UNPUBLISHED

UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS
FOR THE FOURTH CIRCUIT

Appeal from the United States District Court for
the District of Maryland, at Baltimore.
William M. Nickerson, Senior District Judge.
(1:05-cv-01297-WMN)

Submitted: July 24, 2007
Decided: July 26, 2007

Before WILKINSON, TRAXLER, and DUNCAN, Circuit Judges.

Affirmed by unpublished per curiam opinion.

John B. Kotmair, Jr., Appellant Pro Se; George E. Harp, Shreveport, Louisiana, for Appellant SAVE-A-PATRIOT FELLOWSHIP, an unincorporated association. Richard Farber, Carol Ann Barthel, UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, Washington, D.C., for Appellee.

Unpublished opinions are not binding precedent in this circuit.

PER CURIAM:

John B. Kotmair, Jr., and Save-A-Patriot Fellowship appeal from the district court's orders granting summary judgment in favor of the United States and issuing a permanent injunction against them based on their activities in promoting a tax evasion scheme, and denying their motions for a new trial and for modification of the injunction. We have reviewed the record and find no reversible error. Accordingly, we affirm for the reasons stated by the district court. United States v. Kotmair, No. 1:05-cv-01297-WMN (D. Md. Nov. 29, 2006; Feb. 7, 2007). We deny Save-A-Patriot's motion to strike portions of the brief filed by the United States, and we dispense with oral argument because the facts and legal contentions are adequately presented in the materials before the court and argument would not aid the decisional process.

AFFIRMED
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Kotmair, John Jr.

Post by The Observer »

Poking around here and there, I discovered that John Kotmair passed away on Dec 14, 2017 at age 83, according to an obituary:

https://www.elinefuneralhome.com/memori ... ituary.php

His website (of Save-a-Patriot notoriety) is still up (including the court injuction against his tax-scam book) as well as the Liberty Radio Network that he started. The web site has its own obituary for Kotmair published there as well.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Kotmair, John Jr.

Post by wserra »

One of the two "Accolades" for Kotmair on that site is from one Michael Jon Kell, MD. I thought I recognized that name. Good choice.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume