Robert Beale - New Indictment for Obstruction

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Robert Beale - New Indictment for Obstruction

Post by jcolvin2 »

http://www.startribune.com/local/255397 ... testNews:4
Robert Beale: 'God wants me to destroy the judge'
According to charges, that's what one of four tax protesters said in scheming to disrupt a trial.

By JON TEVLIN, Star Tribune

Last update: July 16, 2008 - 11:20 PM

A month before he was convicted of tax evasion, Robert Beale made a phone call from jail to a friend who shared his views on the U.S. tax system.

"God wants me to destroy the judge," Beale said. "That judge is evil. He wants me to get rid of her."

The call was recorded by authorities, according to indictments filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court against Beale and three others, including a former police officer.

Besides Beale, who is in jail awaiting sentencing for tax evasion, charges were filed against John Howard Pelton, 67, of Stillwater, the former officer; Frederick Ogan Bond, 62, of Champlin, and Norman William Pool, 43, of Blaine.

The four are charged with attempting to prevent U.S. District Judge Ann Montgomery from presiding over Beale's trial in May through force, intimidation and threat, according to the indictment.

The defendants held a "common law court" to issue false liens and "arrest warrants" against Montgomery, according to court documents. They were also planning to disrupt court proceedings in the belief that only Jesus Christ has jurisdiction over people, the documents said.

Beale instructed the group to bring 30 to 40 people to his trial to disrupt it if Montgomery failed to dismiss the charges, the indictment says. No more than a handful of observers ever attended.

On April 10, Bond submitted a subpoena to the Hennepin County sheriff's office, demanding that Montgomery appear before their common law court.

In another phone call, Beale said he wanted Montgomery "to be intimidated," the indictment says.

In an interview with the Star Tribune last year, Bond said: "We're just a small group trying to wake up the masses. The IRS is not a member of the U.S. government. It is a private collection agency for the Federal Reserve and the International Monetary Fund."

The four face a maximum of six years in prison on the conspiracy to impede charge and 10 years for the obstruction count.

Beale faces another 10 years in prison for tax evasion. A jury found him guilty after deliberating for less than two hours in May.

Jon Tevlin • 612-673-1702
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Robert Beale - New Indictment for Obstruction

Post by wserra »

Imbeciles.

There isn't much more to say.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Tax evader Robert Beale sentenced to 11-plus years in prison
By JIM WALSH, Star Tribune

September 11, 2008

Alternating between defiance, repentance and ultimately claiming that the federal court has no jurisdiction over him, former North Oaks millionaire Robert Beale finally silently accepted a sentence of more than 11 years in prison for tax evasion and conspiracy to defraud the U.S. government.

Beale, 65, spent the first part of hearing arguing that the tax code didn't apply to him and that he had paid what he owed. He then read to the court the story of his life and his accomplishments, which included being raised on a Maryland farm, where he milked cows at age 8, spending seven years at MIT, working as an engineer at Honeywell, starting churches and acting as a youth minister and designing jet engines.

He added: "In the future, I would like to continue my work in starting churches and creating medical devices."

At one point, he regretted having protested taxes since 2000. "I am very sorry for the many decisions I have made over the last 10 years," he said "I ask forgiveness from everyone involved. My goal is to be a good example for my family."

However, he interrupted U.S. District Judge Ann Montgomery just before she was about impose sentence. "The key ingredient in this dilemma is to live faithfully," he said. "I believe I was going to the next level to help mankind."

He then went on to deny his status as a U.S. citizen and deny "the existence of the fictitious defendant Robert Beale."

He also denied that he received a fair trial or access to information to defend himself, and he challenged the jurisdiction of the court.

"I do not consent to incarceration, fine of supervised release," he said. "I have not committed a crime."

Along with his sentence of 11 years and 2 months (with credit for time served), he was fined $175,000 and must make restitution for taxes and penalties owed to the federal and state governments. A tax expert testified today that the amount is more than $4 million.

On April 30, federal jurors ignored Beale's indignation, religious beliefs and obscure interpretations of the U.S. Constitution and philosophy, before convicting him on all seven counts brought against him for tax evasion, conspiracy and fleeing authorities.

The trial for the former millionaire CEO of Comtrol Corp. in Maple Grove lasted eight days and featured more than 100 exhibits, some about arcane tax laws. Jurors need only two hours to find him guilty.

The government argued that Beale deceived and conspired to hide more than $5 million in income for which he owed more than $1.6 million in taxes. His greed and arrogance were simply cloaked in anti-tax arguments from the radical fringe, prosecutors contended.

Beale, who said he was once worth $20 million, fled rather than face the government in court when he was originally charged in 2006. He was captured in Florida after 14 months on the run.

From 2000 through 2004, Beale directed employees to pay him through a shell company, Chayil Corp., in order to hide his income. After the Minnesota Department of Revenue issued subpoenas for pay documents, Beale removed them from the building and stopped sending invoices. He eventually was paid through cashier's checks and sent money to Swiss bank accounts.

Meanwhile, Beale sent "nonsense" documents to the IRS and Minnesota Department of Revenue that pretended to offer financial information or challenge laws, in case his income was discovered.

When those attempts failed, Beale fled. While on the run, Beale, through a son, tried to get $600,000 from his Swiss bank account to buy property in Switzerland. He also filed a phoney document to have a lien removed on a seized property, which he then tried to sell.

When Beale was arrested in November at a strip mall in Orlando, Fla., he was carrying a fake passport and driver's license issued from "The Kingdom of Heaven," something he had copied off the Internet.
Demo.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Today's Minneapolis Star-Tribune has the outcome of the Robert Beale case. Four years in prison for Beale (age 65) and his accomplices got lesser sentences.

http://www.startribune.com/local/401583 ... c:_Yyc:aUU