Gailey, Mark

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Gailey, Mark

Post by Famspear »

Mark Gailey - I haven't seen this guy's name before.

See

http://www.libertyfelix.net/

and

http://www.libertyfelix.net/TF101/consult.htm

and

http://www.libertyfelix.net/gailey.html

At this last web page, he states:
Let me introduce myself. I worked as a tax preparer for a nationwide chain for two years, straight out of high school. With my paraprofessional training, I felt competent and confident to continue preparing income tax returns as a home business. Working for one's self rules. But two things diminished my tax preparation opportunity, software licensing and continuing education. Software publishers demanded more of my profits, taking control of my file keeping. But the biggest impact to my preparation business has been continuing education. I have finally learned too much about taxes, to ever file or sign a return again, unless I am sure that the monies in question are foreign source income.

As one who has studied taxes since 1975, I have never found or been shown any statute that would require payment of direct income tax or the filing of a 1040 form by average citizens. I asked my H & R Block instructor, in our second year course, "What is the Federal definition of the word income?" He said that they couldn't tell me that because there was none, only for gross income. In this past decade, I asked my local university accounting tax instructor about foundational authorities and statutes of liability. He replied to me, outside of class, that I was probably right, but that they were required to teach their program as it was, (without foundational authorities and specific statutes declaring requirements of liability.) The academic premise is that everyone has voluntarily applied, or wants to.

In the late 80's I met libertarian Irwin Schiff who publishes tax books such as The Federal Mafia. His legal research is competent. But his advised actions mistakenly included 'Exempt W-4s' and filing what's called a 'Zero 1040', generally considered an illegal protest.

I haven't filed a 1040 myself since 1997. And the IRS has steadfastly refused to discuss any legal points, which I have raised with them. I last filed for 1994 and 1996 with a variation on the Zero 1040, with full explanation, and a demand for presentation of the laws so requiring me. Either I was lucky, or they simply refuse to carry on a discussion, which I had documented satisfactorily. Regardless, I have since found the most credible base of knowledge around, on this topic:

My next discovery involved a $10,000 challenge to dispute a list of factual references in a logical argument. Standing since 1982, the argument includes all the major points required to understand the law as it stands today!

The sponsoring organization is the Save-A-Patriot Fellowship, whose membership supports one another with ongoing research and insurance type protection against illegal IRS seizures and arrests. I have been a member since February 2000. For folks ready to learn a competent perspective with which to make informed tax decisions, I suggest the in-depth video-based home seminar: TaxFreedom101.

TF101 doesn't give advice, (nor do I,) just a simple common-law overview with competent mapping of relevant laws, regulations, manual procedures, court case studies, and the historical background explaining the reasons behind the typically fraudulent misrepresentations of our laws.

Mark Gailey
(bolding added).
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Re: Gailey, Mark

Post by Famspear »

Notice that at the first cited link, Gailey asserts that he is "ballot certified as the Libertarian Party nominee" in the race.....
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Check out his prices. You can buy his "Tax Freedom 101" materials "with" or "without" the marketing rights......

http://www.libertyfelix.net/pricgrid.htm

EDIT: Correction; it's unclear whether the "Tax Freedom 101" materials are actually his materials, or whether they were developed by the SaveAPatriot organization.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

Working for one's self rules. ... Software publishers demanded more of my profits, taking control of my file keeping.
I wonder which of the software publishers demanded that he purchase their software?

Here's a goodie from his biography page:
The following ten years were spent downsizing [his own tax prep business] while contemplating the lack of statutory mandates requiring citizens and residents to file or to be found liable for income tax on domestic income.
Translation: I started by own tax preparation business and alienated the few customers I could attract by smothering them with my tax protestor nonsense so I had a lot of time to "contemplate".
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:
Working for one's self rules. ... Software publishers demanded more of my profits, taking control of my file keeping.
I wonder which of the software publishers demanded that he purchase their software?
That caught my eye, too. Software publishers demanding more of his profits? So, the cost of the software went up each year. Wow, what a shock.

If you're not preparing enough tax returns to justify the cost of the software, you either don't have very many clients or you are using some sort of software you don't really need. For a U.S. federal income tax return preparation practice of any reasonable size (and I assume that his work is/was limited pretty mostly to that), you should be able to afford a reasonably good software package each year.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Famspear wrote:
Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:
That caught my eye, too. Software publishers demanding more of his profits? So, the cost of the software went up each year. Wow, what a shock.

If you're not preparing enough tax returns to justify the cost of the software, you either don't have very many clients or you are using some sort of software you don't really need. For a U.S. federal income tax return preparation practice of any reasonable size (and I assume that his work is/was limited pretty mostly to that), you should be able to afford a reasonably good software package each year.
I'll vote for the "not very many clients".
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

CaptainKickback wrote:
Let me introduce myself. I worked as a tax preparer for a nationwide chain for two years, straight out of high school. With my paraprofessional training, I felt competent and confident to continue preparing income tax returns as a home business.
Mark Gailey
Worked two years for either H&R Crock or Jackson-Screwitt and that combined with his high school edumacations makes him qualified to discuss the tax code, its flaws and why it is wrong.

I would not trust this guy to do Preparation H.

To quote gubenatorial candidate Charles Barkley, "Oh he's just a knucklehead."
Well Cap'n, his qualifications that make him a True Expert stem from his experience as a store clerk, motel night desk clerk, and his ongoing training to be an electrician. I hope he has a better grasp of the electric codes than he has of the tax codes. :shock:
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

From his bio:
Contract Citizen Services wrote:Lawn Mowing and Garden Care
Commissioned Piece Work.
House Cleaning
Odd Jobs
Apprenticing with Omega First Electrical Services
I wonder if the highlighted specialty includes pool cleaning?

In any case, another highly successful sovereignidiot.

Also, I wonder if his parents, Sara and Frank, might have actually listened to his stupid theories at one point: USTC 7455-90S 4/90 - 4/91.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

This is a perfect example of how easy it is to set yourself up as "an authority" on income taxes - or any other complex issue for that matter.

All you need is a computer and access to the 'net. You just cut and paste from stuff you find, slap it together on a web site and then post on every forum you can find. :evil:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Does anyone else who has read through his web site find an eerie parallel with David Merrill?