Shrout, Winston

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Shrout, Winston

Post by Famspear »

I don't know what Shrout's supporters are so upset about anyway.

If he goes into The Slammer on November 26, and he's a good boy, he might be out of prison early -- by my rough calculation, by late May of the year 2026, when he would be only about 78 years old.

After all, you know, there's some "free"-dom in Federal prison: Free food! Free sleeping quarters!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Famspear wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:46 pm I don't know what Shrout's supporters are so upset about anyway.

If he goes into The Slammer on November 26, and he's a good boy, he might be out of prison early -- by my rough calculation, by late May of the year 2026, when he would be only about 78 years old.

After all, you know, there's some "free"-dom in Federal prison: Free food! Free sleeping quarters!
... and free lessons on how to make "Pruno" as your adult beverage of (gag) choice.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

LaJune seems to be calling it a reprieve. Should be fun to repost that video once he’s in custody.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I have very little doubt that Winny will behave himself any better once he is ensconced in his new home than he has while he was out pending sentencing so I don't expect things will go well for him. Guess we'll see.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Mr. Smith wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:46 pmWinston's attorney filed a motion to have Winston remain free during his appeal.
Not exactly. Shrout is asking to extend the surrender date until January so that he can prepare a motion for bail pending appeal. It is, as the govt aptly put it, "a motion for bail pending a motion for bail pending appeal".
I can't imagine the court is going to sign off on that.
That part I completely agree with.

Welcome to Q, Mr. Smith. Regards to Mrs. Smith, especially if she is Angelina Jolie.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

:haha: :haha:

I think Winny has done run his stall out long enough.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra

Post by wserra »

ORDER by Judge Robert E. Jones Denying 165 Motion To Extend Self Surrender Date as to Winston Shrout (1) (bp) (Entered: 11/19/2018)
Just the docket entry. Didn't even warrant a written decision.
- David Hume
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:33 pm
ORDER by Judge Robert E. Jones Denying 165 Motion To Extend Self Surrender Date as to Winston Shrout (1) (bp) (Entered: 11/19/2018)
Just the docket entry. Didn't even warrant a written decision.
Aw shucks!

:|

Does he get to bring his own toothbrush?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

jonny sunday wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:51 pm I'll continue to route for the courageous who look for ways out of this slave system in the USA where citizens have zero rights.
If you have zero rights why has this post appeared?
Please go and join Gavin Seim in Mexico.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

someone looking for a way out of this debt slavery
uh, he ran the 'debt' up himself. no one made him do it
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:41 pm I'm grateful for the rights I have in this (admittedly imperfect) country, and, as much as I hate paying taxes, I think they're a reasonable price to pay for freedom.
Absolutely. And, in fact, the effective tax rates in this country are not all that high. Last year, my wife and I made a little under six figures, so we're not exactly rich, but we're not hurting, either. Our effective tax rate was about 7.5% or our total gross income. That's less than the sales tax rate in my part of Ohio.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

And, Shrout was not just "one old man" trying to avoid paying taxes. He was selling fraudulent advice to others about how they, too, could avoid paying income tax. Many of his customers lost their homes, saving, jobs and spouses because of his "expert" advice. I believe that some also ended up in jail.

So, don't come here whining about the bad old government picking on a poor old man. He was a predator who ruined many lives.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Shrout turn himself in?
notorial dissent

Did they ever get around to publishing a body count of the lives Winny ruined? I don't remember ever seeing one or hearing anything. Like all the gurus he's always claimed a legion of followers, but he's also a congenital liar as well, so not really a reliable source.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Nope. Apparently BOP has not yet designated Shrout to an institution, so he couldn't surrender at the designated institution as ordered. The judge directed the USMS to notify him when the designation occurs.
- David Hume
Mr. Smith
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Mr. Smith »

wserra wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:11 am Nope. Apparently BOP has not yet designated Shrout to an institution, so he couldn't surrender at the designated institution as ordered. The judge directed the USMS to notify him when the designation occurs.
I wish they'd hurry it up. All of the idiots that follow April LaJune think that he is walking and will only have to pay a $1,000 fine because of that sealed document that showed up the same day as his sentencing. April LaJune believes that the sealed document is some sort of discussion to keep him free because Winston filed a UCC which according to April means he can't be sent to prison.

Winston's luck has got to run out eventually.
notorial dissent

April is at least as doolally as Winny so this shouldn't be any great surprise. I'm actually surprised that HAT hasn't gotten wibbly wobbley oar in to the mix, but I suspect we'd end up with a guru war if that happened.
Mr. Smith
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Mr. Smith »

So, Winston's motion to delay his self-surrender was granted after first being denied.

In the motion, his attorney is saying that if Winston turns himself in before the BOP has assigned him a nice comfy cell to live in for the next 10 years that he'd have to wait for the assignment in a jail and due to his numerous medical issues wouldn't receive the care that he needs.

The government opposed the motion as another delay tactic which it most certainly is. How long has this been going on now?

Just had to look to see if there had been any activity after listening to April LaJune lying in her latest. She's still claiming he got a reprieve and only has to pay a $1,000 fine.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Once jonny sunday's posts ceased to deal even nominally with Shrout, I moved them to their well-deserved place of honor.
- David Hume
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

One possible take away from this is that public defenders shouldn't be underestimated. Guy managed to buy Shrout an extra couple of years of freedom, he got half the reccomended sentence, a lower sentence than his co-conspirators despite being the leader.