Shrout, Winston

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Re: Shrout, Winston

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Jeffrey wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:57 am Let’s be reasonable. He’s 70 years old, he’s physically unable to bust out of prison so that’s not a justification for higher security.
Escapes are not always forcible. In many minimum-security prisons, an inmate can often just walk off the premises-- they live in barracks, not barred cells, and the outside fencing is minimal. Shrout ran after promising to surrender, and stayed on the lam for quite some time. I will be very surprised if the Bureau of Prisons puts him in anything less than a medium-security prison.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Shrout practically has "FLIGHT RISK" tattooed on his forehead.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:18 am Shrout practically has "FLIGHT RISK" tattooed on his forehead.
Well, he certainly has liar and fraud already there, so yeah. He has lied every step of the way so no reason to expect him to change at this late date.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
alexhammer
First Mate
First Mate

Post by alexhammer »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:12 am Escapes are not always forcible. In many minimum-security prisons, an inmate can often just walk off the premises-- they live in barracks, not barred cells, and the outside fencing is minimal. Shrout ran after promising to surrender, and stayed on the lam for quite some time. I will be very surprised if the Bureau of Prisons puts him in anything less than a medium-security prison.
Caligari is spot-on. Some (not all) of the minimum-security Federal prisons are based more on the honor system than fences and guns. Generally prisoners there just want to serve their time and move on, or are incapable of escape. With Winston being a fugitive for this length of time and then being tracked and arrested, I doubt the Bureau of Prisons would classify him as "low flight risk" even if he was in an iron lung. He'll almost certainly end up at a medium security facility, if not a CMU.
Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Saw the news today, and had to drop by for a congratulatory gloat!
Great to see this thieving windbag finally behind bars.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Shrout had an ID hearing in Phoenix this past Tuesday. According to the minute order, he actually testified. Understand, the only issue at such a hearing is whether he is the same "Winston Shrout" who is wanted in Oregon. Hopefully in a couple of months the transcript will be available on PACER; it should be amusing.

Ordered, committed to Oregon the same day as the hearing. Obviously Shrout gave the M-J a lot to think about.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:12 am
Jeffrey wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:57 am Let’s be reasonable. He’s 70 years old, he’s physically unable to bust out of prison so that’s not a justification for higher security.
Escapes are not always forcible. In many minimum-security prisons, an inmate can often just walk off the premises-- they live in barracks, not barred cells, and the outside fencing is minimal. Shrout ran after promising to surrender, and stayed on the lam for quite some time. I will be very surprised if the Bureau of Prisons puts him in anything less than a medium-security prison.
Happens all the time here in British Columbia. Minimum security prisons are effectively honour systems with no real security in place to stop, hypothetically, a 70 year old Burnaby49 (or Winston Shrout) from just putting on his runners and slowly wandering off. So only prisoners considered minimal public risks get minimum security and nobody gets too worked up if they make a break. They'll eventually be picked up and the punishment, apart from additional time, is that the rest of that time is spent in a real jail.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

The fact that I get my knowledge about jails from movies and television has been exposed again. :snooty:
notorial dissent

wserra wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:46 pm Shrout had an ID hearing in Phoenix this past Tuesday. According to the minute order, he actually testified. Understand, the only issue at such a hearing is whether he is the same "Winston Shrout" who is wanted in Oregon. Hopefully in a couple of months the transcript will be available on PACER; it should be amusing.

Ordered, committed to Oregon the same day as the hearing. Obviously Shrout gave the M-J a lot to think about.
Hearing him 'sovsplain how he isn't the upper case WINSTON SHROUT could have been entertaining. Magistrate must not have been impressed with the latest performance.

Buh bye Winny, it hasn't been nice knowing you. Wonder how much of what he's stolen they've recovered.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
benlowrey
Swabby
Swabby

Post by benlowrey »

This finally proves Jonny Sunday was right, once and for all!

Winston has had the last laugh, JS has schooled us “self proclaimed law experts”

We’re all left with egg on our face

If I know Jonny Sunday, he’ll be calling us boot licking tax slaves by now

Jonny Sunday is the kind of guy who never admits he’s wrong, he just shift the focus to something else
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Jeffrey wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:06 am The fact that I get my knowledge about jails from movies and television has been exposed again. :snooty:
Trust me, that's the safest way. :wink:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

benlowrey wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 am This finally proves Jonny Sunday was right, once and for all!

Winston has had the last laugh, JS has schooled us “self proclaimed law experts”

We’re all left with egg on our face

If I know Jonny Sunday, he’ll be calling us boot licking tax slaves by now

Jonny Sunday is the kind of guy who never admits he’s wrong, he just shift the focus to something else
I'll wager that jonny doesn't have the guts to come here and admit that he was wrong, or that if he does come here, he'll just make some idiotic and irrelevant remarks, which prove only just how clueless he is.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

We have Shrouts booking photo or whatever the correct term is:
https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status ... 17664?s=21
TBL

Post by TBL »

I may end up making an enemy of Johnny Dessert, but it's gratifying to finally see this shyster put behind bars. Justice is finally being served.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

TBL wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:12 pm I may end up making an enemy of Johnny Dessert, but it's gratifying to finally see this shyster put behind bars. Justice is finally being served.
I can't believe Shrout was so freaking brilliant that the feds had no idea where he was. Wonder if they will take down a few of his accomplices for aiding and abetting.
wserra

Post by wserra »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:28 pmI can't believe Shrout was so freaking brilliant that the feds had no idea where he was.
He wasn't. An elderly non-violent criminal just isn't that high a priority.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

wserra wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:36 pm
JohnPCapitalist wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:28 pmI can't believe Shrout was so freaking brilliant that the feds had no idea where he was.
They may well have known where he was almost from the start, but as WES points out, not a priority, and they eventually got around to him. Also, too, unless things have changed they are perpetually short staffed and spread way thin.
TBL

Post by TBL »

notorial dissent wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:41 pm
wserra wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:36 pm
They may well have known where he was almost from the start, but as WES points out, not a priority, and they eventually got around to him. Also, too, unless things have changed they are perpetually short staffed and spread way thin.
I don't necessarily agree. While they are short staffed, this was a higher-than-normal profile case. There was most likely pressure to get this closed as some people were left with egg on their face when he failed to report. Also, it looks bad for law enforcement when someone with this much (albeit not a huge amount of) press gets away for any length of time.
I think they were trying to locate him and he pissed off someone who knew he was wanted.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

From the docket:
11/26/2019 - 196 - Minutes of Proceedings: Pretrial Release Violation Hearing held before Magistrate Judge Stacie F. Beckerman as to Winston Shrout (USM #78952-065) on 11/26/2019. Defendant advised of rights. Defendant admits to violating conditions of release and the Court finds him in violation. Defendant is detained. Counsel Present for the Government: Lewis S. Burkhart for Ryan W. Bounds. Counsel Present for Defendant: Ryan Costello for Ruben L. Iniguez. (Court Reporter Bonita Shumway) (gw) (Entered: 11/26/2019)
The order of detention will keep Shrout under lock and key until the BOP designates a correctional institution. Transportation to that institution will then be provided by the government.
TBL

Post by TBL »

Courtesy of the Federal Marshal Travel Agency (TM).