Shrout, Winston

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Shrout, Winston

Post by notorial dissent »

Guess Winny wanted a staycation in warmer, less hospitable, climes.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Given the lack of information coming from the bureau, one has to assume this move involved a health issue, any revelation or discussion of which is strictly limited. It may be Victorville is better equipped to deal with his condition - whatever it is. :shrug:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I am just not seeing any details on whether Victorville has a medical unit that would provide any better care than Sheridan. I do note that the medium security camp II has temporarily suspended all visiting. Neither one is indicated as being a Federal Medical Center.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Judge Roy Bean wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:40 pm Given the lack of information coming from the bureau, one has to assume this move involved a health issue, any revelation or discussion of which is strictly limited. It may be Victorville is better equipped to deal with his condition - whatever it is. :shrug:
There are federal prisons designed for chronically ill inmates. Victorville isn't one of them.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Then I must conclude he tried to shank a guard.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

My speculation is that he went back to his old habits and they weren't amused.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:59 am My speculation is that he went back to his old habits and they weren't amused.
Wait a minute...are you saying that prison guards don't appreciate being approached about investing in International Bills of Exchange?

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

I did visit a Victorville support forum. It does seem that lockdowns are a regular occupational hazard. No news about whether Winston has kicked off but there are tales of woe of inmates deliberately aiming for solitary to avoid yard violence.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Jeffrey wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:05 am Then I must conclude he tried to shank a guard.
He already showed himself to be a serious escape risk when he fled between sentencing and surrender. It wouldn't take much more to get him moved from medium to maximum security.
Dr. Caligari
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

From the Wikipedia article about Victorville:
Inmates are counted 5 to 6 times a day at 12:01 a.m., 3:00 a.m., 5:00 a.m., 4:00 p.m. (stand up count), 10:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. (on weekends and holidays). Initial work movements start at 4:30 a.m. and inmates must be up at 7:30 a.m. All inmates must be back to their cells at 10:00 p.m.
Definitely designed for escape risks.
Dr. Caligari
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Winston Shrout has been moved again.

Now he's at FCI Terminal Island, at San Pedro, California.

A "low security" facility.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Weird that he was moved so quickly from medium security to maximum to minimum.
Dr. Caligari
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:40 pm Weird that he was moved so quickly from medium security to maximum to minimum.
Hey, when the Federal Bureau of Prisons is entertaining, as its Honored Guest, someone as important and exalted as the "Hon. Winston Shrout", “UN Charter Control Number 10-6084 7”, with “Immunity and Authority Guaranteed under Great Seal No. 632258894”, it is only appropriate that His Honorable-ossity-tivity-ness be afforded Access to the Full Range of Facilities Available to His Honor.

We can only hope that His Honorableness is satisfied with and approves of the living arrangements.

:twisted:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The Federal Bureau of Prisons shows Winny's projected release date as November 18, 2025.

My understanding is that he was sentenced to 10 years. Even with credit for time served and projected credit of 15% of 10 years for good behavior (or whatever), November 2025 seems like a little early for a release date.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Famspear wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:51 pm The Federal Bureau of Prisons shows Winny's projected release date as November 18, 2025.

My understanding is that he was sentenced to 10 years. Even with credit for time served and projected credit of 15% of 10 years for good behavior (or whatever), November 2025 seems like a little early for a release date.
I don't recall whether he was jailed for any length of time before his trial and conviction, but that (and the time he served after being caught as a fugitive) would probably count against the sentence as well.
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Famspear wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:51 pm The Federal Bureau of Prisons shows Winny's projected release date as November 18, 2025.

It was probably a typo. The BOP website now lists his projected release date as 5/07/2028.
Dr. Caligari
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:05 pm

It was probably a typo. The BOP website now lists his projected release date as 5/07/2028.
Or maybe they read the Quatloos forum on a daily basis and made the change after they SAW MY POST!!!!

:Axe: :wink:
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:02 am
Dr. Caligari wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:05 pm

Or maybe they read the Quatloos forum on a daily basis and made the change after they SAW MY POST!!!!

:Axe: :wink:
Or maybe, just maybe, Winnie saw your post and went bragging about how he had fooled the system and was getting out early, thereby alerting BoP to the error. :P

AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

I wouldn't be outraged if Shrout got compassionate release. I would be outraged if, having been released, he returned to his old ways. If that happened, fuck 'im.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume