Samuel Davis update

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Samuel Davis update

Post by Lambkin »

Sovrun I am: Sam, buddy of "Rabbi" Shawn Rice, needs to change his name to "I am: Screwed"
Davis, who lives in Idaho, is among tens of thousands of other Americans who have declared themselves sovereign citizens above the government’s jurisdiction and not obligated to pay taxes.

So it comes as no surprise that prosecutors have filed court papers alleging they intend to present evidence at the trial that Davis also evaded $230,000 in taxes. He set up a phony business called Select Business Services to hide his personal financial transactions, prosecutors allege.

Davis, who likes to go by the name "I am: Sam" as a symbol of his refusal to recognize the establishment, has not yet been charged with tax evasion. But prosecutors say he hasn’t filed a tax return since 1998.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Samuel Davis update

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Lambkin wrote:
Sovrun I am: Sam, buddy of "Rabbi" Shawn Rice, needs to change his name to "I am: Screwed"
Davis, who lives in Idaho, is among tens of thousands of other Americans who have declared themselves sovereign citizens above the government’s jurisdiction and not obligated to pay taxes.

So it comes as no surprise that prosecutors have filed court papers alleging they intend to present evidence at the trial that Davis also evaded $230,000 in taxes. He set up a phony business called Select Business Services to hide his personal financial transactions, prosecutors allege.

Davis, who likes to go by the name "I am: Sam" as a symbol of his refusal to recognize the establishment, has not yet been charged with tax evasion. But prosecutors say he hasn’t filed a tax return since 1998.
You left out the best part: the defendants' claim that they were "entrapped".
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
GlimDropper
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by GlimDropper »

Let the mental gymnastics of the sovrun conspiracy theorists begin. When Jerry Kane was killed the benighted few who still believe in the "Restore America Plan" took it as a sign that the plan was working, the powers that be were killing off those who "threaten" them and what greater threat is there to them than the R.A.P.? The fact that Mr.Kane never publicly endorsed the plan and there's no reason to believe he was even a member is generally not mentioned in these discussions.

Now R.A.P. "Guardian Elder" Sam Davis is facing criminal charges and this will be used as "proof" that the plan is working, the powers that be are prosecuting the plan's leaders in an effort to stop it. I predict the fact that the things Sam is being charged with occurred long before the plan was announced this last January will not be mentioned by R.A.P. enthusiasts when they make this sort of argument.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

GlimDropper wrote:Let the mental gymnastics of the sovrun conspiracy theorists begin. When Jerry Kane was killed the benighted few who still believe in the "Restore America Plan" took it as a sign that the plan was working, the powers that be were killing off those who "threaten" them and what greater threat is there to them than the R.A.P.? The fact that Mr.Kane never publicly endorsed the plan and there's no reason to believe he was even a member is generally not mentioned in these discussions.

Now R.A.P. "Guardian Elder" Sam Davis is facing criminal charges and this will be used as "proof" that the plan is working, the powers that be are prosecuting the plan's leaders in an effort to stop it. I predict the fact that the things Sam is being charged with occurred long before the plan was announced this last January will not be mentioned by R.A.P. enthusiasts when they make this sort of argument.
Hey -- when you have a hotline connection to The Revealed Truth, you aren't going to let things like facts and reality get in the way. I'm sure that we will soon see posts proclaiming that Mr. Kane WOULD have been a RAP-er, if the Evil Powers That Be hadn't made his psend all of his time evading persecution.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

There are Rat Packs. And then there are just rats.
Last edited by grixit on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Funkalicious
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate
Location: Oh, that would just fit perfectly into your little plan, wouldn't it?

Post by Funkalicious »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:You left out the best part: the defendants' claim that they were "entrapped".
Can anyone figure out their rationale for claiming entrapment?
I was faced with a choice at a difficult age
Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage?
But in the back of my head I heard distant feet
Che Guevara and Debussy to a disco beat
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Funkalicious wrote:Can anyone figure out their rationale for claiming entrapment?
You are hereby fined the sum of 500 Quatloos for implying that any sane Quatloosian could "figure out" a position taken by scamming sovrun nutcase Davis.

You can work off your fine by reading this and this - hey, the judge had to - and "figuring out" for us the following passage:
The above-entitled defendant SAMUEL DAVIS or any derivative thereof (in rem
"Defendant") by and through its undersigned authorized representative creditor/secured party, Samuel Lynn: family of Davis (hereinafter sui juris real party in interest ("Me, My, Myself, Mine, and/or I"), hereby replies to the above-entitled plaintiff United States of America's (straw man "plaintiff") non-response and failure to provide Me and the above-entitled court evidence of the ratification of commencement within a reasonable time
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

wserra wrote:You can work off your fine by reading this and this - hey, the judge had to - and "figuring out" for us the following passage:
"Defendant") by and through its undersigned authorized representative creditor/secured party, Samuel Lynn: family of Davis (hereinafter sui juris real party in interest ("Me, My, Myself, Mine, and/or I"), hereby replies to the above-entitled plaintiff United States of America's (straw man "plaintiff") non-response and failure to provide Me and the above-entitled court evidence of the ratification of commencement within a reasonable time
Once again, we have soveridiots trying to appeal a CRIMINAL case by citing rules of CIVIL procedure....
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

wserra wrote:
Funkalicious wrote:Can anyone figure out their rationale for claiming entrapment?
You are hereby fined the sum of 500 Quatloos for implying that any sane Quatloosian could "figure out" a position taken by scamming sovrun nutcase Davis.

You can work off your fine by reading this and this - hey, the judge had to - and "figuring out" for us the following passage:
I may be stating the obvious, so forgive my intrusion.

It appears to be a fairly-straightforward admiralty defense, as he's claiming the real party in interest [i.e., the flesh man] is not the party being sued but the strawman, SAMUEL DAVIS

He's invoking civil rules in a criminal matter - Rule 2, one form of action, and Rule 17, real party in interest - but he'll lose that argument. He's being consistent.

This one form of action is based on the theory that the birth certificate has been converted to a security against the debt of the United States Treasury [creating a "secret" Treasury Account], that we're all indentured servants, and that remedy lies in the U.C.C.

At least, that's how I read it. He's eating his own dog-food, so to speak.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

ASITStands wrote:At least, that's how I read it. He's eating his own dog-food, so to speak.
Um, I think he is confused about which end of the dog the "food" came from.
Repaired

Post by Repaired »

Everyone is missing the other side of this. The Good ole Rabbi has flown the coop. Missing, gone, fugitive!
GOVERNMENT'S THIRD SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE OF INTENT TO USE EVIDENCE OF OTHER CRIMES, WRONGS OR ACTS wrote: On March 8, 2010, defendant SHAWN RICE failed to appear at the hearing to consider the government’s motion to revoke his self-representation status. (CR # 133). This court continued this hearing to give defendant SHAWN RICE another opportunity to appear. On March 9, 2010, defendant SHAWN RICE again failed to appear at the hearing to consider the government’s motion to revoke his self-representation status. (CR # 135). At this time this court directed Pretrial Services and the United States Attorneys Office to submit a petition to revoke defendant SHAWN RICE’s pretrial release due to his two failures to appear for court ordered hearings. Failures to appear are felonies in violation of Title 18, United States Code, §3146.
Defendant SHAWN RICE has fled and absconded from the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the District of Nevada. Defendant SHAWN RICE absconded from the supervision of Pretrial Services as early as February 18, 2010, and currently remains a fugitive from justice. "Evidence of flight is generally admissible as evidence of consciousness of guilt and of guilt itself." United States v. Harris, 792 22 F.2d 866, 869 (9th Cir.1986) (citations omitted). Since "flight" is essentially an admission by conduct, its probative value as circumstantial evidence depends upon the degree of confidence with which four inferences can be drawn:
(1) from the defendant's behavior to flight; (2) from flight to consciousness of guilt; (3) from consciousness of guilt to consciousness of guilt concerning the crime charged; and (4) from consciousness of guilt concerning the crime charged to actual guilt of the crime charged. United States v. Myers, 550 F.2d 1036, 1049 (5th Cir.1977); see also United States v. Silverman, 861 F.2d 571, 581 (9th Cir.1988).
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I'm imagining the following dialogue:

"WHAT?", says Mr. Davis. "The man who swore, on his mother's grave, that he would stand by me thick and thin has flown the coop and left me holding the bag...?"

"Who'd a-thunk it", as my mother used to say.
Repaired

Post by Repaired »

Interestingly enough, I found this super duper "memo in support" of 1099-OID in which Rice, a purported J.D., explains how....with "facts" (Some people have a definition of facts that are quite different from others), people in the U.S. become Stockholders via Birth certificates.

Your definition of facts may vary!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/25505353/Memo ... Shawn-Rice

I particularly enjoy this "fact"...
The United States Treasury issues approximately nine (9) work orders to various other agencies.

what is the definition of approximately? is it 6, 9, 12 ??? More likely ZERO :P
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

You are hereby assessed a penalty of Q1,000 for failing to post the mandatory 'brain sucker' warning associated with your off-site reference.

Payment is to be made to the Quatloosian treasurer. Alternatively, you can submit an appropriate draw-down order against your hypothecated birth certificate.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Repaired wrote:Interestingly enough, I found this super duper "memo in support" of 1099-OID in which Rice, a purported J.D., explains how....with "facts" (Some people have a definition of facts that are quite different from others), people in the U.S. become Stockholders via Birth certificates.

Your definition of facts may vary!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/25505353/Memo ... Shawn-Rice

I particularly enjoy this "fact"...
The United States Treasury issues approximately nine (9) work orders to various other agencies.

what is the definition of approximately? is it 6, 9, 12 ??? More likely ZERO :P
YEEEOWCH! I could only get to #42 before I couldn't take any more. Even the dullest first-year law student couldn't write anything this bad.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Well, Davis is the latest sovrun nitwit to discover that being represented makes him a ward of the state. At a hearing last Wednesday, his lawyer informed the Court of his wish to go pro se. Given that Davis decided this just five days before the scheduled trial, I'm a little surprised that the judge granted it - but that's apparently what happened. His trial is now scheduled for September 20. The Court issued a warrant for the good Rabbi, who failed to appear. He's probably off davening.

Elaboration on "apparently", above: while the docket contains an order continuing the trial to September, it does not contain an order relieving Davis' lawyer, or appointing him standby counsel, or noting that the Court had held a Faretta hearing. That may come later. Maybe they do things a little differently in Nevada.
- David Hume
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

wserra wrote:Well, Davis is the latest sovrun nitwit to discover that being represented makes him a ward of the state. At a hearing last Wednesday, his lawyer informed the Court of his wish to go pro se. Given that Davis decided this just five days before the scheduled trial, I'm a little surprised that the judge granted it - but that's apparently what happened. His trial is now scheduled for September 20. The Court issued a warrant for the good Rabbi, who failed to appear. He's probably off davening.

Elaboration on "apparently", above: while the docket contains an order continuing the trial to September, it does not contain an order relieving Davis' lawyer, or appointing him standby counsel, or noting that the Court had held a Faretta hearing. That may come later. Maybe they do things a little differently in Nevada.
Davis tried to go pro se earlier in the case and there was an aborted attempt at a Faretta hearing back in June of 2009. The judge asked Davis if he understood the nature of the charges against him, and Sam sputtered like an imbecile and said he needed to study the indictment some more. While Rice has filed a bajillion sovereign documents since then, Davis has been pretty quiet.
Demo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Be careful. According to one soveranter, "understand" is a trap. If you say you "understand" the charges, it means that you "stand under" them, ie, you agree to be tried and punished. Refuse to "understand", and they can't touch you.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
wserra

Post by wserra »

Update: the Court conducted a Faretta hearing on July 20, and will permit Davis to go pro se. Lucky him. Trial date set for September 21.

On September 3, Davis moved to continue the trial, on the grounds that he needed more time to prepare. He asked for four months; the Court gave him two. New trial date is November 15.

Anybody in Vegas?
- David Hume
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Sam Davis pleads guilty.

A must-read article:

http://www.lvrj.com/news/conviction-chi ... ml?ref=494
Demo.