Tinfoil Hats and Powdered Wigs: Thoughts on Pseudolaw

This forum is for new articles and lengthy posts by anybody who desires to contribute quality materials to the website. What is posted here will be propogated to the first page of Quatloos.com's main website. Of course, no advertising, etc.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Tinfoil Hats and Powdered Wigs: Thoughts on Pseudolaw

Post by Gannibal »

Just posted my upcoming article to SSRN: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=3400362

Thanks to wserra for kindly providing feedback.

Is this the first time Quatloos has been cited in academic literature?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Tinfoil Hats and Powdered Wigs: Thoughts on Pseudolaw

Post by Burnaby49 »

Nope, Donald Netolitzky, a lawyer working for the Court of Queen's Bench in Edmonton (and, from time to time, a Quatloos poster), has written and had published numerous academic papers on the sovereign movement. He's cited Quatloos in most of them.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Gannibal wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:58 pm Just posted my upcoming article to SSRN: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=3400362

Thanks to wserra for kindly providing feedback.

Is this the first time Quatloos has been cited in academic literature?
All in all a very well written and compelling read for those of us who have had to rub up against the fantasy promoters.

But I have a sense that the legal community, at least in terms of civil practice in the US, is only gradually going to come around to your view that it is a "serious problem."

The criminal bar should pay more attention, but I fear it the pseudo legal purveyors will remain in "sideshow" status because unless the perpetrator(s) engage in mass-violence such cases rarely make the news most people listen to or watch.

It's akin to many of the medical maladies that just don't have the kind of depth and breadth of mainstream maladies like breast cancer or heart disease; they operate below the horizon of most of the population.

Again - very well done, and kudos for the incredible depth of links and resources for the curious.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Oh, I should have remembered Neto's papers - I read and cited them, after all. Damn. No Quatloos trophy for me.

Thanks for the kind words, JRB. I agree that it's an overlooked problem. Doing what I can to shed light on it, but obvs it's not going to be that easy.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Polished, compelling and thoroughly documented. Nice work, Gannibal.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume