Sov Cit Exports

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean, ArthurWankspittle

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Sov Cit Exports

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

It's about time Other Countries/Regions contributed to this madness...

(This is from an original report by JohnP on Fogbow but I thought it should have a toe-hold here as I suspect we are going to see more of these idiots pop-up around the world.)

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/i ... ovement-us
RADICAL MOVEMENT LINKED TO WHITE SUPREMACISTS

Literary magazine Lapham’s Quarterly published an article talking about this: The radical belief that one is a “sovereign citizen” above the law — and gets to decide which rules to obey and which ones to ignore — has its roots in the United States in the 1970s and was largely influenced by white supremacist and anti-Semitic groups from the 1960s to 1980s.

These groups believed that the US government and the banks were being controlled by an international conspiracy of Jewish people.

The most prominent among these groups was the anti-Semitic group Posse Comitatus. Many of the common tactics used by sovereign citizens today originated from it.

Because of this, Forbes business magazine reported in 2012 that the first generation of the sovereign movement consisted mostly of middle-aged high-school-educated white men. Many of these individuals also lived in rural communities.

Since the late 1990s, however, the movement has expanded beyond its original base of supporters and now encompases people from various walks of life — many of whom are unaware of the movement’s origins.

It has also attracted supporters in other countries, such as Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom.
The Singapore authorities appear to have adopted some of the measures suggested on this forum :wink:
“There is a movement in the US, and adherents to that movement, (broadly speaking) reject Government, reject the police and any kind of authority.

“Well and good. But then such people should not live within society — she should not expect any of the benefits that come from this system of governance, including her security, medical care (and) other benefits,” |Minister K Shanmugam| said.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Jeffrey

Re: Sov Cit Exports

Post by Jeffrey »

I theorized some time ago that language barriers might be preventing those ideas from spreading.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Jeffrey wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:26 pm I theorized some time ago that language barriers might be preventing those ideas from spreading.
Not to mention cultural, I can't think of less hospitable places for these "ideas" than Singapore, Thailand, Myanmar, Russia, or China.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TBL

Post by TBL »

North Korea?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

TBL wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:22 pmNorth Korea?
Definitely, although I doubt if they've ever heard of the concept.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
AnOwlCalledSage

New Westralia
About 8am, members of New Westralia, an organisation claiming to be a "legitimate sovereign authority acting in the interests of the people native of the 'Dependencies of Western Australia'" broke down the door of the historic courthouse and took up residence before police arrived and made arrests.
https://amp.theage.com.au/national/biza ... 54zxx.html

So how did it work out for them?
Three men and one woman were expected to face court in Northam on Friday afternoon on charges including criminal damage, trespass, and obstructing police.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Juisarian
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Juisarian »

Bloody Yorkists never learn.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

I wonder who that was writing at Forbes about sovereign citizens.

:thinking:
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I hear it's a famous author famous for the speedy completion of books.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
AnOwlCalledSage

It thought I'd post this here rather than create a new thread.
The anti-masker started to “scream at the top of her voice that she was a sovereign citizen” and started to cough on the victim who was afraid for her safety, a police summary reads.

But when police arrived, Crerar refused to give them her name and address and when asked why she wasn’t wearing a mask started to scream “rape, rape” at the officers.

Police allege she was “hysterical and irrational”.
They could have just stopped at "she was a sovereign citizen".

I guess she's an Aussie Republican. An Aussie citizen versed in the law would be be claiming to be a Freeman of the Land,

https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... 761#.fwchu