Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Moderator: Burnaby49

Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Re: Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

I have exciting news everyone - Dean did a thing! Dean is SURE to win!

Readers may recall that back in December Dean said he had already started an action in the Canadian Federal Court against ... well, probably everyone oppressive. And since then myself and others have looked, over and over, for Dean's Federal Court action that was already many months old...

And today, it appeared!

(Well, ok, Dean's action actually was filed on April 8, 2014, so Dean did lie a little about having already filed it, but now it's there so Dean will surely, surely win!)

So here's the data so far, courtesy of the Federal Courts online database:
  • Proceeding number: T-869-14
    Style of Cause: Dean C. Clifford v. Her Majesty the Queen
    Proceeding Category: Actions
    Nature: Others - Crown (v. Queen) [Actions]
    Type of Action: Ordinary
There are two documents to date:
  • #1 Filed April 8, 2014 in Winnipeg: Statement of Claim and 2 cc's filed on 08-APR-2014 Certified Copy(ies)/copy(ies) transmitted to Director of the Regional Office of the Department of Justice Section 48 - $2.00

#2 Filed April 8, 2014 in Winnipeg: Service copy of Statement of Claim with proof of service upon Respondent on 08-APR-2014 filed on 08-APR-2014
Congratulations Dean - we should have never doubted you. (Except that you lied.)

And the even more excellent news, it's darned easy to get Dean's Federal Court materials. All one of us has to do is attend our local Federal Court Registry office (there's lots - pretty much every major city has one (http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/po ... ations_eng), and the fee is just $0.40 a page (http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/po ... f_en/FAQ#4). A bargain at many times that price!

Exciting times! Dean is surely about to win!!!

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

So you're saying/inferring that our best bud Dean, that paragon of truth, justice, honesty, integrity, and the Canadian way, lied to us, and his legions of followers, that he told an untruth? Say it ain't so, why my faith in all things Dean and fruitloop FOTL would be shaken to the very core, or at least I'd giggle a bit.

So having finally gotten around to it, did he actually file something, or do I misread the notations posted? Sounds like all he filed were notices. Looking forward with bated breath for the next installment.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'm going downtown tomorrow and the Vancouver Federal Court registry is right by the Granville Skytrain station so I'll check it out.

Couple of hitches. I'm off on a one week trip (I'm long overdue for a revisit of the pubs of Portland, Seattle, & Olympia) starting Wednesday next week. So even if I order the documents tomorrow it will be probably be a few weeks before I get my hands on them. Then I'll have to figure out how to get them into a form that can be made available to Quatloos. I'm a technological idiot.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Whoa ... Dean's on a blitz! He is also active at the Manitoba Court of Queen's Bench.

On April 9, 2014 he filed a Notice of Application which has resulted in an order (same date) for him to be transported to the Winnipeg Court of Queen's Bench, to attend a hearing scheduled for April 17, 2014, at 10:00 A.M.

The Manitoba Courts database describes the hearing as "CRIMINAL UNCONTESTED MOTIONS(THURS-10:00)", which is the same identifier that has previously been used when Dean made his spurious challenges to court & state authority, and detention.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say this is Dean's latest attempt to miracle his way out of remand detention with a new variation on his magic documentation.

It's kind of strange that with all this activity there hasn't been any information posted on Dean's website, with various supporters, or that erstwhile and reliable source for Dean-related reporting, Winnipeg Alternative Media. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation - perhaps they're watching chemtrails?

Regardness - with all this court activity Dean is without question about to win! Go Dean! Dean cannot fail!

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
Fussygus
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Fussygus »

This is a little off the current topic but here is a thought on Dean's position.

Dean seems to take the position that the entirety of the legal system is corrupt, that it has been designed to subjugate and enslave the people for the benefit of someone else (who???). I would take this type of position as being akin to a soldier for the allied forces deeming that all the German soldiers were evil. That all those soldiers were in fact intent on destroying them. But was this in fact true?

During World War 1 the soldiers were involved in bitter trench warfare, their entire instruction was to kill the other side, but was that entirely agreeable with them? Did they actually believe that those soldiers on the other side were in fact evil wretches or did they understand they those soldiers were just doing a the job they were instructed to do? I would say the Christmas exchange clearly shows that they understood those soldiers were just doing their job. That those soldiers on the other side of the line were just like them, that they were in all likelihood good honest people doing a job. Given an opportunity to respectfully discuss things I would bet the largest portion of them would end up wondering what they are really fighting for and go for a beer together (because they were not racist).

Dean is going about things without respecting the other side having a differing opinion than his. He is looking at the soldier on the other side of the line and saying your an idiot and should die. Dean seems to want to go about his war with a take no prisoners attitude. That everyone who is against him is an idiot and they just don't know it. He wants to overthrow the society but doesn't have an army to do so. If he did he would begin to realize that such an army need to be first and foremost organized; it must have rules; it must have defined roles; it must have a strategic plan; and it must have support. Now who organizes this army? Who makes the rules? Once you start going through this process it will start to be organized in a fashion that is very similar to what we have in this society. But Dean hasn't gone that far, he likes his little dictatorship and the feeling of power it gives him. I doubt Hitler didn't feel the same way. But the problem is that eventually the propaganda that they breach looses it's appeal because those that had supported it realize it requires a determination that all those opposed to them are "evil", when as rational beings they determine for themselves that they are not.

Dean wants to claim France for his own because he feels those that in fact occupy it, do not deserve to do so. They are idiots and should pay tribute to him and not to those vile wretches that they elected to look out for their interests.

No war has ever been won without respecting the people beneath the opposing regime. Dean doesn't respect the people under this societies regime therefore he is doomed to fail regardless of whether his position is right or wrong. Terrorism is what you get when you when you win without respecting the people....when you loose without respect, expect a rough ride.

Fuzzy
Les semper intendit quod convenit ratione.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:perhaps they're watching chemtrails?
More likely sniffing chemtrails.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:
(bolding added)

Surely nothing Dean does is "Ordinary", especially this action.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:Whoa ... Dean's on a blitz!
SMS Möwe
Sometimes in Freelandia activity is the same as success.

If Dean sits on his hands and lets the court carry out the process he looks like a weenie to his followers. If he puts up a fight, no matter how bogus, he will have satisfied those of his flock who think he can do no wrong. . . and some donations may come in.

Dean may be hoping that, in the end, the Canadian courts will be as tolerant with him as they have been in the past and he can walk out of jail claiming a victory.

The end game Dean seems to have no strategy for is that in which the prosecutor and the courts in effect say, "Enough is enough, sonny." and throw the book at him.

Dean's violated every automobile statute in the book, assaulted cops, ignored the courts, grown weed on his property and kept unregistered firearms in his house as if he was running an armed grow op.

At some point the courts and the prosecutors have to figure that not sending him to the big house for a long time is the same thing as violating the public trust.

After a while in the pen and the martyrdom wears off Dean's going to have a much tougher time playing the competent guru. While he's away the gullible will, like an unfaithful girlfriend, simply find a new guru.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Fussygus wrote: No war has ever been won without respecting the people beneath the opposing regime. Dean doesn't respect the people under this societies regime therefore he is doomed to fail regardless of whether his position is right or wrong. Terrorism is what you get when you when you win without respecting the people....when you loose without respect, expect a rough ride.

Fuzzy
To Dean all the cops are fools, all the judges are corrupt and all his critics are sheeple.

Clifford even goes so far as to claim his financial ruin is a result of the conspiracies of the powers that be, rather than his simple unwillingness to meet his obligations.

One wonders what the local, no nonsense, construction trade thinks of this rage filled man/child who can't keep his tools from being repossessed.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Dezcad wrote:
Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:
(bolding added)

Surely nothing Dean does is "Ordinary", especially this action.
Really? If you squint a little you will see he looks something like a macho drug dealer with a big mouth. He may be extraordinarily stupid but honestly the bar is set very low, I'm not sure he really qualifies.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

And here we go:
Dean really isn't very good at this. Though once more, I have to admit, his penmanship sets an enviable standard.

SMS Möwe
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:And here we go: SMS Möwe
Sixteen pages of "you ain't the boss of me".
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

arayder wrote:
My take on it is slightly more nuanced. Unfortunately I found a few minor problems. His initial basic hurdle is that I don't see any relief that Dean has requested which falls within the jurisdiction of the Federal Court of Canada to grant. They get very sticky about jurisdiction. However it can't be said that Dean isn't thinking ahead and playing the long game. As he said in paragraph 19;
"On December 07, 2014, Plaintiff did file a writ of Habeas Corpus and Demand to Show Cause which was acknowledged received."

Now that's a long-term game plan, telling us eight months in advance what he is going to file. Sadly, he forsees failure;
It has never been answered.
In my opinion he seems to be relying a little too much on the weight of so-called Maxims of Law he seems to have pulled out of his ass. I don't think comments like;
Deceit and fraud should always be remedied

are going to gain him much legal traction. The stulified unimaginative courts seem to be caught in the dead grip of actual statutory law rather than dispensing true justice according to Dean's golden rules. He also seems to have a misguided understanding of the purpose of the Statement of Fact.

Very neatly scribed, much more legible than most of the Freeman hand written documents I've struggled to review. However nothing that is going to get him out of a trial or even or out on bail.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

arayder wrote:
SMS Möwe
Around here, we refer to that place as Frickintardistan.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Burnaby49 wrote:
arayder wrote:
My take on it is slightly more nuanced. Unfortunately I found a few minor problems. His initial basic hurdle is that I don't see any relief that Dean has requested which falls within the jurisdiction of the Federal Court of Canada to grant.

. . .He also seems to have a misguided understanding of the purpose of the Statement of Fact.
Exactly. Time and again he states the freeman correct belief that he's a "private man" with no obligation to Canada, its courts or law.

He expects the court to buy the argument as fact, as if it's one of his seminar audiences, even though he cites no supporting case law, statute or charter of rights.

Dean's arguments have been made by prior freemen and each time the court didn't buy them. Can we expect a ruling that cites and repeats those rulings?

Since this woo seems to be all Dean knows one has to wonder if he'll simply repeat it at trial and upon appeal.
"On December 07, 2014, Plaintiff did file a writ of Habeas Corpus and Demand to Show Cause which was acknowledged received."
Any shred of respect I had for Dean has been lost! The dude has a time machine and he hasn't used it to put any money down on the Stanley Cup or the Kentucky Derby? No even on a couple of NBA games where the favorite failed to beat the spread?

What's the matter with this ole boy?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I don't think there is a chance/hope that Dean is going to grow a brain or acquire any common sense in the foreseeable future, so I would suspect we'll see more gibberish and pointless filings in the weeks/months to come.

I have yet to be able to read his magnum opus though as every time I try the website I get a not available, try back later message.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

grixit wrote:
arayder wrote:
SMS Möwe
Around here, we refer to that place as Frickintardistan.
Actually, I think Freelandia is just one of many states inside Frickintardistan.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

arayder wrote: While he's away the gullible will, like an unfaithful girlfriend, simply find a new guru.
Absence makes the tart go wander.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

Burnaby49 wrote:... Unfortunately I found a few minor problems. His initial basic hurdle is that I don't see any relief that Dean has requested which falls within the jurisdiction of the Federal Court of Canada to grant. They get very sticky about jurisdiction. ...
Burnaby49, in my opinion, nails it on the head. This Statement of Claim, beyond being a mash of all kinds of random data, just has almost nothing to do with the Federal Court. That court’s chief function is to provide a forum which deals with lawsuits against the Canadian federal government and its various subordinate bodies and agencies, and judicial review of decisions of the same.

(To be fair, the Federal Court also has some interesting intellect property functions, is an Admiralty court – odds and end – but that are not relevant to Dean and his action.)

Dean complains about a lot of stuff. I’ll try to break it down a little, and suggest how the Defendant (Canada I guess) will respond:
  • Paras. 1-5, 10-17, 22-24, 26, 29 - Dean is not subject to your authority because of stuff.

Response: Nope - Meads v. Meads, 2012 ABQB 571

Para. 8: Dean has a fee schedule.

Response: Sorry, that doesn’t work – Meads v. Meads. We hope you’re not pointing that fee schedule at government actors or the courts, because that can be contempt of court or a criminal offence: Meads v. Meads, Fearn v. Canada Customs, 2014 ABQB 114.

Paras. 18-21: Dean’s attempts to participate in the Manitoba Provincial Court have been frustrated by that body’s failure to hear applications, and other procedural justice complaints.

Response: We’re terribly sorry to hear that, but you do know that the court which has a supervisory role for the Manitoba Provincial Court is instead the Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench. Maybe you should tell them about this awfulness?

Paras. 24-25, 31: Dean has never been told what the cause of action is against him.

Response: Hmm, the record shows you’ve been told over and over what charges you face – shall we fax you your Manitoba Provincial Court record again? Oh wait, here in para. 34 and when you ask for relief you talk about the informations against you – you’ve already got the data.

Para. 25: Its hard to do my legal research while trapped in jail.

Response: You’re in a facility run by the Province of Manitoba. The Federal Court would listen to this complaint if you were in a Federal Penitentiary. Try the Manitoba Court of Queen's Bench. Oh – and listen very carefully – this is a valid basis for a habeas corpus application Dean – you CAN use that for this complaint about your detention conditions: Mission Institution v. Khela, 2014 SCC 24

“27.) Plaintiff is being compelled to do the impossible and remedy a non-injury”

Response: Oh, don’t you worry – we don’t want a remedy, we want to put you in a metal box for awhile. That’s called punishment. Perhaps you’ld like to read the Criminal Code? Oh – and by the way, authority to apply a Criminal Code sanction is a question for the Manitoba Courts, not the Federal Court.

“29.) Defendant is violating international law, the natural rights of the Plaintiff, and the law of this land.”

Response: Uhmmm… you know international law operates between countries, right? You’re not a country. (And the Federal Court doesn’t have jurisdiction to hear disputes between countries.) Natural rights are a myth, but have you heard of this Charter of Rights and Freedoms thing? Try that next time. As for the law of this land, you don’t seem to identify any legislation or common law right that’s been breached. This might be valid question for the Federal Court – if you are arguing a tort injury, problematic Federal tribunal action, or so on. Care to clarify?

“30.) Defendant owes Plaintiff a duty of care as Plaintiff is completely at the mercy of Defendant and defenceless.”

Response: In many cases Canada does have a duty of care to persons in Canada – but it’s not tested on that basis.

Para. 31: Queen Elizabeth has lots of duties.

Response: actually she’s a figurehead/symbol thing.

Para. 35: My business and reputation is ruined, other people think I’m a jerk, and I’ve been in a metal box for 128 days because “of blatant fraud by Defendant.”

Response: If we (Canada) did that then you’ld have a right to complain about that. Sadly, you need to make a false prosecution lawsuit and for that to happen you likely need to prove that you were falsely prosecuted. All the reasons you say you are immune to state action/supervision are false: Meads v Meads.

Para. 36: I’m a victim of “intentional identity fraud”!

Responses: If you think you’re not the person who should be facing criminal action then you might want to tell the Manitoba courts about that. It’s not the Federal Court’s job (or if we did try to do that, that would be a collateral attack on their decisions to date.)

Paras. 37-38: I’m a political prisoner. I have lots of rights and those have been infringed.

Response: Are you making a Charter argument? If you are you should say so.
Page 12 – Relief Sought:
  • a) Order to quash a bunch of Provincial Court informations.

Response: That’s the job of the Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench – they supervise the Manitoba Provincial Court. Talk to them.

b) Release without delay!

Response: If you want bail go to the Manitoba courts. If you want a habeas corpus application on some residual basis go to the Manitoba courts.

c) Give me my stuff back!

Response: We might be able to help you there if you identify the stuff in question, which Federal government actor took your stuff, and how that was unlawful.

d) “… a declaratory judgment recognizing the private, independent and sovereign status of the man, Dean C. Clifford”.

Response: No: Meads v. Meads

e) “Plaintiff requires an injunction against Defendant for all future statutory contact. Plaintiff wants no statutory contact with Defendant under any legal title.”

Response: No: Meads v. Meads.

f) Pay my invoices!

Response: No – fee schedules don’t work: Meads v. Meads.

g) “Plaintiff requires an order for Defendant to correct all records in all departments and organizations to reflect proper status of the private-man, Dean C. Clifford.

Response: The Federal Court could conceivable grant this request as a remedy for a judicial review – but we won’t because your alleged “proper status” is bunk: Meads v. Meads.
Miscellaneous: your letter which is the last page of your Statement of Claim is a foisted unilateral agreement and has no legal effect: Meads v. Meads.

Well, that probably was overkill on my part. In any case, Burnaby49 is correct – Dean is in the wrong court, Dean is arguing against well established legal precedents, and Dean is not providing the necessary details of the alleged misconduct that would base a legally valid statement of claim.

I anticipate an application by the Crown to strike out this action in the not too distant future, and that Dean will be ordered to pay the Crown’s legal bill for having to respond to this twaddle.

It’s interesting to me that Dean writes his legal documents using motifs from US rather than Canadian practice – for example, in Canada litigants are referenced as “the plaintiff” or “the defendant”, while Dean seems to mimic US court documents I have read. A second observation is that I’m kind of surprised Dean is using basically the same arguments/concepts he advanced in his habeas corpus-like applications in Manitoba Queen’s Bench. It’s as though he really does not have any other arguments in his arsenal, and so is repeating the same schemes, again and again, feeling around for the correct court in which those may have a magical effect.

(Hint – there isn’t one.)

It’s all rather … pathetic. Dean has played himself up as a legal giant, but this is so incredibly unsophisticated. If you compare Dean’s arguments to those advanced by Glenn Winningham of the House of Fearn, Glenn at least identifies the correct courts, makes applications that are potentially valid in law, and cites occasionally relevant authorities.

Even "minister" Belanger has offered a better 'legalish' foundation for his schemes.

Dean? Legal maxim after legal maxim.

I don’t get it. Was this all Dean ever had? It’s just so … slapdash.

SMS Möwe
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote: . . .I’m kind of surprised Dean is using basically the same arguments/concepts he advanced in his habeas corpus-like applications in Manitoba Queen’s Bench. It’s as though he really does not have any other arguments in his arsenal, and so is repeating the same schemes, again and again, feeling around for the correct court in which those may have a magical effect.

. . .It’s all rather … pathetic. Dean has played himself up as a legal giant, but this is so incredibly unsophisticated.

. .. I don’t get it. Was this all Dean ever had? It’s just so … slapdash.

SMS Möwe
Dean got his legal training from watching other people's YouTubes, during which he picked out the ideas he liked. The phony validation of his theories doesn't come from scholarship or practice, but from the adoration of his followers.

He's so pig headed and full of himself that he can't be told anything. So if he's ever really bothered to study the law anything he encountered that didn't match his theories was dismissed as ignorance and corruption.

Now that the reality of a stint in the pen following the epic failure of this theories sets in his rants only become more strident.

At this point it's psychologically easier for Dean to cast himself as the brave, noble and brilliant freedom fighter than to accept that he's a piss poor scholar and a duffus who can't make his way in the what is arguably the most free and economically verdant (not warmest) country in the world.