Vanessa Landry - Another Queens' Bench vexatious litigant

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Vanessa Landry - Another Queens' Bench vexatious litigant

Post by Burnaby49 »

And yet another Alberta Court of Queen's Bench evisceration. The court seems to have a production line of vexatious litigant hearings using essentially the same analysis for all of them. Use OPCA arguments and you're out. I wish British Columbia paid some attention and learned to start weeding out the idiots and obsessive litigants. I've attended many OPCA court sessions here in B.C. and they tend to be more like therapy sessions than trials with the judge giving the accused every opportunity to share their hopes and dreams, their beliefs and their legal theories for as long as they wish. The judges know from the moment these clowns start making gibberish arguments that they've lost but they let them go on and on regardless eating up huge amounts of court time. Queens' Bench, in contrast, doesn't consider itself to be a free public forum for idiots to throw out endless totally hopeless arguments they found on the internet in the hopes that one will stick. So, on to the latest Queen's Bench victim;

Scotia Mortgage Corporation v Landry
2018 ABQB 856
http://canlii.ca/t/hvk25

It started with Vanessa Landry unable or unwilling to honour her debts;
II. Ms. Landry’s Litigation Activities

[7] Ms. Landry is currently the Defendant in three Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench Actions. All involve unpaid debts.

[8] The Scotia Mortgage Corporation v Landry foreclosure was initiated by a Statement of Claim filed on March 5, 2018. Ms. Landry had ceased making payments on the mortgaged property in November, 2017, and as of January 22, 2018, owed $263,576.85. This debt is approximately the forced sale valuation of the residential property. Ms. Landry filed no Statement of Defence and was noted in default on April 4, 2018. On May 18, 2018, Scotia applied for foreclosure and title in the property. That was granted by Master Smart, and resulted in the Court Order filed June 7, 2018. Ms. Landry did not appear at the June 5, 2018, hearing. The June 7, 2018, Order was subsequently served on Ms. Landry and the occupant(s) of the foreclosed property on June 22, 2018.

[9] The second action is Condominium Corporation No.112 1212 (o/a Landra Gardens) v Landry, Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench Docket #1803 02760. A Statement of Claim filed February 7, 2018, indicates Ms. Landry has outstanding unpaid condominium fees of $3,371.80.

She stopped paying her condominium fees in October, 2016. This Statement of Claim was served on Ms. Landry on February 8, 2018. No other steps have occurred in this action to date.

[10] The third Landry action is The Bank of Nova Scotia v Landry, Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench Docket #1803 16787. This Statement of Claim, filed August 22, 2018, indicates Landry has ceased making payments on a personal line of credit on November 20, 2017. The contractual credit limit was $16,500.00. As of August 21, 2018, Ms. Landry’s debt is $18,705.31.

So she tried some innovative litigation in response to the court action noted in paragraph 8 above;
[1] On October 1, 2018, the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench received an annotated copy of a Court Order issued by Master Smart on June 7, 2018 in Scotia Mortgage Corporation v Landry, Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench Docket #1803 04569. That Order is for the foreclosure of a property formerly owned by Vanessa Landry [Ms. Landry], and orders that Scotia Mortgage Corporation [Scotia] takes immediate title to the property, and the occupants of the foreclosed residence have 30 days from service of the Order to vacate.

[2] The annotated version of the June 7, 2018, court Order received by the Court has the following text added to its front page:

1. the upper left corner has a handwritten blue ink title: “special Deposit”;

2. the center of the front page of the Order is marked in large handwritten letters in blue felt marker, angled so the text reads up and to the right: “Accepted In Exchange for settlement and closure of the Accounting.”;

3. in smaller handwritten blue ink, horizontally: “By: [illegible] - sole Beneficiary Deposit to Private Estate RN 223361577 CA”; and

4. a handwritten number that may be an Alberta area telephone number.
A run of the mill A4V strategy. Pretty small stuff by OPCA standards but Queen's Bench prefers to nip these things in the bud so, on its own inherent jurisdiction, the court initiated a vexatious litigant hearing;
[3] Annotations to court documents of this sort are characteristic of “Organized Pseudolegal Commercial Arguments” or “OPCA”, a class of spurious “pseudolaw” concepts which are sold to abusive litigants by conman “gurus” who promise extraordinary but false benefits: Meads v Meads, 2012 ABQB 571, 543 AR 215. Gurus’ illusionary promises include free money, debt elimination, “get out of jail free cards”, immunity from income tax, and “travelling” - unlimited motor vehicle use. OPCA ideas sound like law and use legal terminology and references, but are universally rejected by Canadian courts.

[4] In this case, the annotated June 7, 2018, Order is intended to make Ms. Landry’s debt disappear as if by magic.

[5] All OPCA constitute an abuse of court processes. The employing of OPCA strategies is a basis on which a court may impose court access restrictions through what is sometimes called a “vexatious litigant order”: Meads v Meads; R v Fearn, 2014 ABQB 233 at para 49, 586 AR 182; Chutskoff v Bonora, 2014 ABQB 389 at para 92, 590 AR 288, aff’d 2014 ABCA 444, 588 AR 303. Some OPCA ideas are so notoriously false that simply employing these concepts creates a presumption that a litigant appears in court for an abusive, ulterior motive: Fiander v Mills, 2015 NLCA 31, 368 Nfld & PEIR 80; Rothweiler v Payette, 2018 ABQB 288.

[6] This attempt to submit an obvious OPCA document which is intended to defeat a legal debt and court judgment is a basis for this Court, on its own motion and under its inherent jurisdiction, to now investigate whether court access restrictions are appropriate for Vanessa Landry to manage and minimize her future litigation misconduct in Alberta Courts.

The bulk of the decision is the standard legalese the court employs to explain what constitutes vexatious litigation, precedence allowing the court to designate vexatious litigants, and the evidence required. The decision ends with;
V. Conclusion

[27] Ms. Landry is apparently employing the abusive A4V OPCA scheme to purportedly eliminate her debt. On this basis, I conclude this Court, on its own motion and under its inherent jurisdiction, should investigate whether Ms. Landry should be made subject to court access restrictions. Ms. Landry has 15 days from filing of this decision in the Court’s registry to submit to me written argument and affidavit evidence:

1. as to whether she should be subject to court access restrictions in Alberta Courts, and

2. if so, what form those court access restrictions should take.
But, in the meantime, while waiting out the clock on the fifteen day period;
[28] This process will be conducted in writing only: Hok v Alberta, 2016 ABQB 335 at para 105; Stoney v 1985 Sawridge Trust, 2017 ABQB 436 at paras 60-62, appeal deemed abandoned (3 March 2018), Edmonton 1703-0195AC (Alta CA).

[29] A copy of this decision and the annotated June 7, 2018, Court Order will be delivered to counsel for the creditors in Ms. Landry’s three actions. Those parties may make written submissions and file affidavit evidence in relation to Ms. Landry’s litigation conduct within 15 days from filing of this court decision in the Court’s registry.

[30] Ms. Landry is in the interim prohibited from filing any material on any Alberta Court file, except for the submissions identified above, and Ms. Landry may not continue or institute further court proceedings in Alberta without the leave of the Alberta Court in question: Hok v Alberta, 2016 ABQB 335 at para 105, enforced in Hok v Alberta (Justice & Solicitor General), 2016 ABCA 356 at para 7; Bourque v Alberta Lawyers Insurance Association, 2018 ABCA 257 at paras 5-7.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Re: Vanessa Landry - Another Queens' Bench vexatious litigant

Post by eric »

Hmmm... I did a check on her, and yet again it's another instance of a realtor licenced (or originally licenced) in Alberta falling for the OPCA woo. She is number 4 so far in my running tally. I'm not sure of her exact relationship to the property in question, whether purchased as a residence or investment, but it all seems more than a little flakey to me. RECA, the governing body for her profession, just renewed her licence a month ago so perhaps I should drop them a hint:
Financial responsibility
An applicant’s lack of financial responsibility may demonstrate a lack of
good character when they:
• intentionally avoid financial responsibility
• seek personal interest over financial obligations
• disregard contractual or legal obligations such as trust obligations
https://www.reca.ca/wp-content/uploads/ ... ensing.pdf
KickahaOta
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by KickahaOta »

How did this thread never get updated with the simply delightful sequel?

http://canlii.ca/t/hw8rq

I could never summarize it with as much panache as our esteemed Burnaby49, so I'll just give you this wonderful highlight:
Landry: Do I get to say anything?

Master Smart: Oh, who are you?

Landry: I’m Vanessa Landry.

Master Smart: Well I guess you should have come up, I don’t know who you are. What would you like to say?

Landry: I have a security agreement and an abatement. I have an abatement.

Master Smart: You have ... a declaration of a security agreement. Oh. Uh huh. So this is something that you found on the web?

Landry: Ah, no.

Master Smart: No? Re an abatement to the process generally considered. So what is this supposed to do? Oh, there’s money. This is consideration for you to not to have to pay, is that what that is? You don’t know. Somebody helped you prepare this?

Landry: Yes.

Master Smart: Yes.

Landry: Did you read the security agreement?

Master Smart: Sure, so what you want to do is say well take this security agreement in lieu of my actually paying on the mortgage ... I think that is what you’re asking for today, aren’t you?

Landry: I’m here for the remedy sought.

Master Smart: And what remedy sought is that?

Landry: I don’t know.

Master Smart: You don’t know?

Landry: Do you know?

Master Smart: Well, I can’t tell from what you’ve got here. It seems to me what I suspect is ... I see, oh yes, ok.

Landry: I am the beneficiary for that legal title. Legal estate.

Master Smart: Legal estate of what?

Landry: Of the ...

Master Smart: Of you.

Landry: Do you see the ...

Master Smart: Ok. Wow. An ounce of silver. Oh, ok. Alright. So what do you hope the outcome might be today in light of your ...

Landry: The remedy.

Master Smart: The remedy that you seek. Do you know what ...

Landry: I am the beneficiary of the ...

Master Smart: Uh huh. So how does that help make the payments to the bank?

Landry: It’s already been paid, isn’t it?

Master Smart: Well, it’s in arrears, that’s what they just said.

Landry: Well, did you read my ...

Master Smart: Well, this purports to pay it, but it doesn’t really, does it? Where’s the money. We have legal tender in Canada.

Landry: That’s the legal tender.

Master Smart: Yeah, ok, well, it’s not, so what were you hoping to have happen today? Let me tell you what’s being asked for today, so you understand. This is something called a high-ratio mortgage, which means that ... if the bank puts this up for sale, and so on, you have potential personal liability.

Landry: Not me. I’m the beneficiary.

Master Smart: Well, you’re Vanessa Landry?

Landry: I am the beneficiary of the estate.

Master Smart: ... so you’re not Vanessa Landry, then?

Landry: I’m the beneficiary of the estate.

Master Smart: Ok. Well, if you’re not Vanessa Landry then you can sit down, because you have no standing here.

Landry: Ok. Ok.

Master Smart: Since you’re there, though, let me tell you the effect of the order of today. The effect of the order today is to put title into the name of Scotia Mortgage Corporation. Your tenant will be served and will have 30 days from service to vacate the property. You will owe no other money under this mortgage, or whoever Vanessa Landry is, under this mortgage to the Scotia Mortgage Corporation. The debt is extinguished by operation of this order. So that’s the effect of the order which I just signed.

We can return this actually to Ms. Landry, or, sorry, the beneficiary of Ms. Landry’s estate. You can take your paperwork back. Use that silver for something more useful. Thank you.
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

Ah, I see, this was covered in Dean Clifford's thread, since Mr. Clifford makes a special guest appearance in the sequel.

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... 51#p271425
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'm insulted, deeply, deeply insulted, that you think that I'd miss such comedy gold.

It was a judgment call where to post it since I didn't want to post a quote in multiple locations. Perhaps the wrong decision since that one merited repeat if any do. I thought, given Dean Clifford's preeminence in the Canadian Freeman movement, that his attempts to intercede on Ms. Landy's behalf were of more consequence than her pedestrian tale of mortgage woes. So I put her idiocy in Dean's discussion to illustrate how patheticly low he's sunk since his glory days of filling auditoriums with paying fans. Heady times indeed and now he's trying, and failing abysmally, to coach clueless litigants from the sidelines. As expected his bullshit worked no better for Ms. Landry than it did for him but at least she didn't go to jail as a result.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Do you get the feeling that NOT only did she NOT know what was going on, but there at the end she really didn't know or understand what had happened? Other than that she didn't get her "remedy"? Has she been officially vex litted yet?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Paragraphs 38 and 39;

Scotia Mortgage Corporation v Landry
2018 ABQB 951
http://canlii.ca/t/hw8rq

KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

Deleted: Esteemed Burnaby49 fixed things.
Last edited by KickahaOta on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

KickahaOta wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:11 am
Burnaby49 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:25 pm Paragraphs 38 and 39;

Landry
2018 ABQB 951
http://canlii.ca/t/hw8r
While I'm as much of a fan of "Regulation respecting the use of unclaimed funds kept in trust by the Ladies' Clothing Joint Commission, 1992 GOQ 2, 4978" as the next person, I suspect you're after http://canlii.ca/t/hw8rq.
Thanks, no idea how that happened. I was reading the correct case in CANLii as my paragraph reference showed but when I copied the citation I was somehow connected to a different case entirely. I've corrected my entry.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Well, after a two year interregnum, Ms. Landry is back on my radar. The preceding postings related to her attempts, with Dean Clifford’s background coaching, to stiff her mortgage lender through a barrage of sovereign gibberish. Not only didn’t it work, it resulted in Ms. Landry having bestowed on her that ultimate sovereign accolade, a vexatious litigant designation from Alberta’s court of Queen’s Bench. A notable achievement indeed from a first time litigant!

But times move on and she’s back at Queen’s Bench and facing Judge Rooke on an entirely different issue, a request for access to her four children;

Landry (Re)
2021 ABQB 390
https://canlii.ca/t/jfz8t
[4] As I understand Ms. Landry, her proposed litigation activities involve two separate family dispute scenarios:

1. Ms. Landry has four children with two fathers. The fathers currently have custody of the four children. Ms. Landry seeks access to those children, and that the children reside with her, at least in part. Ms. Landry makes many allegations of misconduct by one of the two fathers, GJ, who is the father of three children with Ms. Landry. The relationship Ms. Landry has described between herself and GJ is high conflict.

2. Ms. Landry is currently living with, and in a relationship with, BS. BS has two children from a former relationship with CH. Ms. Landry indicates there are currently legal proceedings ongoing between BS and CH, and “[m]y name has been brought into” that proceeding: Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench Docket FL10 08018.
She seems to lead a very complicated, stressful life.

Normally a family matter such as this has an automatic right of filing. However, given Ms. Landry’s court access restrictions, she must persuade Queen’s Bench to lift the restrictions before she can initiate this litigation. She can only proceed after the court has reviewed the basis of her proposed court action and the law she’s relying on to confirm that it isn’t a frivolous lawsuit or based on sovereign legal bullshit rather than real law. If it’s a valid complaint based on valid law the court will allow her to file the same as any other litigant. As we’ll see that’s way too high a hurdle for her to overcome, at least with the filing under review in this decision.

Given the above requirements she must meet she didn’t start well;
On April 30, 2021, my office received a package of materials from Vanessa Amy Landry [Ms. Landry], including:

1. a cover page reading “PRIVATE TRUST DEPOSIT”,
2. a handwritten note that this is an urgent matter,
3. a one-page handwritten letter that reads:

Dear Associate Chief Justice John D. Rooke.

I accept the constitution Acts 1867-1982.

I accept your Oath of Office therefore I am with the understanding that you will protect my rights as you have sworn to do, so help me God. I attach your Bond to all liabilities, debts, harm, or damage that may be caused to my person. I waive sections 1 and 3 and invoke sections 7 and 15 of the constitution Act of Canada 1982. I look forward to the proper administration of Justice in accordance with the Constitution Acts. I hereby convene a constitutional court of Queen Elizabeth II for the security of my person.

Yours Truly

Vanessa

by: [signature] - personal representative

This document also has a Canada Post registered mail sticker attached, and has been cancelled with a Canada Post stamp.
4. A six-page typed letter that is witnessed by a notary public.

5. An unfiled Application [Application #1] and April 28, 2021 Affidavit of Ms. Landry.

6. A second unfiled Application [Application #2] that does not name any parties but seeks access to certain children, accompanied by a second Affidavit of Ms. Landry, affirmed on April 13, 2021.

7. A notarized Alberta Government Personal Property Registry Verification Statement.

8. A handwritten list of contact information for five persons, including Ms. Landry.
She claimed she’d seen the light and had rejected all of her past false beliefs and was now relying on only law acceptable to Queen’s Bench;
[6] Ms. Landry in her materials states that she has been educating herself about OPCA misconceptions, and recognizes these ideas abuse and misuse court processes. She agrees that steps such as court access restrictions “... are necessary in some cases ... for the greater good and I see that. ...”. Ms. Landry indicates she has reviewed Meads and academic literature written about pseudolaw. She says in 2018 she did not understand the implications of her actions, and:

... It was not until recently that I had the realization of the importance of the Court system clamping down on people who employ abusive Organized Pseudolegal Commercial Arguments.

She states she has “... developed respect and knowledge of the Court system ...” as a result of her being subject to the Landry #2 court access restrictions, and her educating herself about pseudolaw.
But as the infamous Judge Rooke himself noted in the decision while she talked the talk she didn’t walk the walk;
[5] What complicates this matter is that the package received from Ms. Landry includes statements, concepts, and documents that are clearly OPCA in character. OPCA strategies and ideas are legally incorrect and abusive strategies marketed to gullible, ill-informed, and often criminal anti-government activists: Meads. OPCA schemes are typically applied to evade income tax, as a “get out of jail free card”, to attack government and institutional actors, or as a way to purportedly nullify debts and get free money: Unrau v National Dental Examining Board, 2019 ABQB 283 at para 178 [Unrau #2]. Employing pseudolaw is always an abuse of court processes, and warrants immediate court response: Unrau #2 at paras 180, 670-671.
However Rooke did give her some credit for at least managing to have some of her material based on real law;
[7] A person who is subject to court access restrictions is presumed to engage in illegitimate litigation, unless the Court is satisfied otherwise: Re Thompson, 2018 ABQB 87 at para 19, leave to appeal denied 2018 ABCA 111, leave to appeal to SCC refused, 38204 (14 February 2019) [Re Thompson]. However, the threshold for a valid leave to file application is low. As Nielsen ACJ stated in Re Thompson at paras 25-26:

... to initiate a court proceeding in the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench [the applicant] is required to “demonstrate” that the proceeding is “not an abuse of process” and “there are reasonable grounds” for his proposed litigation.

... The applicant must establish “reasonable grounds” for its litigation, and “[depose] fully and completely to the facts and circumstances surrounding the proposed claim or proceeding”. This standard is not onerous, since it is no more than mustering the evidence that a litigant would, in any case, require for their intended litigation. ... That information is critical to a reviewing judge being able to say whether or not a proposed action or application is an abuse of process. Provision of that evidentiary foundation falls to the person who applies for leave. ...

[8] From my review of Ms. Landry’s materials, I believe she is attempting to satisfy that standard. She has, for example, in her Affidavits indicated specific alleged facts, and provides an explanation of why certain outcomes should occur. She has provided documents and recordings that she says validates her claims.
She’s indicated specific alleged facts and given explanations! Maybe she’ll sprinkle in some real law next! Unfortunately, not;
[9] The problem, as I have observed above, is that Ms. Landry’s applications and materials still include OPCA strategies. An application for leave to file may be rejected where the submissions exhibit indicia of abusive litigation: . . .(bunch of citations) . . . . . . The OPCA component of Ms. Landry’s materials is a clear basis to reject Ms. Landry’s filings
But, being a big-hearted guy, Rooke decided to give her another chance to squander;
[10] I am mindful of my obligations, pursuant to Pintea v Johns, 2017 SCC 23, to self-represented litigants, such as Ms. Landry. I therefore will take several steps:

1. Ms. Landry’s leave to file application is rejected as an attempt to abuse the Court’s processes via OPCA concepts.

2. Paragraph 38, subparagraph 6 of Landry #2, states: “An application that is dismissed may not be made again, directly or indirectly.” That provision does not apply to Ms. Landry’s April 30, 2021 leave to file application. She is permitted to make a further leave to file application, if she chooses, subject to the guidelines detailed below.

3. The remainder of this decision will review Ms. Landry’s April 30, 2021 materials and provide information as to a number of issues, so that, if Ms. Landry wishes to make a valid, non-OPCA, leave to file application, she will be better positioned to do so.

[11] In short, Ms. Landry says she wants to participate in Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench proceedings in relation to certain family disputes, and to do so in a valid, lawful manner. This decision is intended to assist her in doing that.
That part of the decision covered Family Dispute #1. This was just an attempt to see her children, with some abuse allegations against her ex-husband tossed in. She has no standing in Family Dispute #2 since it is between BS,the guy she’s currently living with and CH, his ex-whatever.
[12] The facts, as I understand them, are that BS and CH are separated parents of two children. There are presently family proceedings initiated by CH before the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, Docket No. FL10 08018. Ms. Landry lives with BS. Ms. Landry does not indicate that she has any legal rights in relation to the children of BS and CH. For example, she is not a guardian of the children.

[13] If that is correct, then Ms. Landry has no standing to initiate litigation involving the children. She is a third-party to that dispute. Her Application #2 at paras 5-8, 18-19, 21-22 purports to involve or relate to CH and the children of BS and CH. It appears Application #2 is a “parenting order”, as defined in the Family Law Act, SA 2003, c F-4.5, ss 32-34. Applications for parenting orders may be made by one or more guardians: Family Law Act, s 32(1). Ms. Landry, therefore, appears to have no status to make an application of this kind.
And Quatloos contributor Donald Netolitzky gets a citation from the court;
[21] While I commend Ms. Landry for her educating herself concerning the differences between law and pseudolaw, she and BS need to understand that references to or attempts to implement Strawman Theory have serious consequences. She should read Meads at paras 417-466, Pomerleau at paras 67-88, Potvin (Re), 2018 ABQB 652 at paras 83-92, and Donald J Netolitzky, “Organized Pseudolegal Commercial Arguments and Magic and Ceremony” (2018) 55:4 Alta L Rev 1045 to better understand why Strawman Theory is nothing but a myth. Further, Ms. Landry and BS should know that simply attempting to use Strawman Theory creates the presumption that the person who advances these ideas does so in bad faith, and for an abusive and ulterior purpose: Fiander v Mills, 2015 NLCA 31 at paras 37-40.

[22] I stress this point because the Personal Property Registry Verification Statement appears to be an attempt to access fictional secret Strawman “birth bond” bank accounts, and obtain special extralegal status. While BS and Ms. Landry name themselves as “debtors”, and apparently are behind this document, BS and Ms. Landry have also included their children in this pseudolegal scheme.
Then a couple of paragraphs giving the path Landry must follow if she is to get her case accepted by the court. It’s in paragraphs 26 to 32. I doubt judge Rooke has the slightest expectation she’ll follow his advice but he’s done what he can. He ended with;
IV. Conclusion

[33] Ms. Landry’s April 30, 2021 leave to file application is dismissed. Ms. Landry has permission to submit a further leave to file application to me that relates to her status with her four children, following legal, not illegal procedures, as identified above.

[34] I have gone into some detail in my response to Ms. Landry’s April 30, 2021 materials. I did so for two central reasons. First, the law in Canada recognizes the key role parents play in their children’s lives, and the benefits that result from that. Ms. Landry seeks more contact with her children. That should be facilitated, if a Court find that parenting time is appropriate.

[35] Second, Ms. Landry says she is taking steps to extricate herself from her earlier pattern of resorting to false, illegal pseudolaw strategies, and, instead, now will advance her rights under Canadian law and in Canadian courts. That should be encouraged. She is part-way there. I hope that my identifying her OPCA misconceptions, and directing her to actual legal resources, will help. The Canadian case law and legal authorities identified in this Decision may be viewed at no expense at the CanLII website (https://www.canlii.org). Ms. Landry and BS may both benefit from accessing that resource. Recently, the Canadian Judicial Council has published handbooks for SRLs. The family law handbook may be downloaded here (https://cjc-ccm.ca/sites/default/files/ ... -03-30.pdf).

[36] Finally, I very strongly recommend that Ms. Landry and BS consult with a lawyer. Their misunderstandings of Canadian law put their relationships with their children at risk. If Ms. Landry and BS are unable to afford a lawyer, I recommend Ms. Landry and BS contact a public legal assistance resource such as Legal Aid Alberta, Calgary Legal Guidance, the University of Calgary Student Legal Assistance, or Student Legal Services of Edmonton.

[37] What happens next is largely in their hands, but the path forward is safer if Ms. Landry and BS receive valid and accurate legal information and advice. I encourage them to do so.

I await her next, and final, doomed attempt to thread the needle by filing OPCA litigation while earnestly trying to convince Judge Rooke that she’s advancing nothing but legitimate law.

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:45 am
Ms. Landry is currently ... in a relationship with BS
Well, that's why she's a vexatious litigant.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

wserra wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:39 am
Burnaby49 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:45 am
Ms. Landry is currently ... in a relationship with BS
Well, that's why she's a vexatious litigant.

Oh, WES!!!!! :snicker:

I would say stressed and convoluted family life. Can't for the life of me imagine why. :sarcasmon:

How generous and sweet of her to "accept" the "constitution Acts 1867-1982" whatever that means and as if she has a choice, and to accept HH's oath, like that is actually a thing.

How nice of her to "convene" a constitutional court, saves all kinds of time and trouble.

And an absolute treasure trove of wonderfully useless documents.

How cute that she acknowledges the necessity to limit court access and why and then goes on to prove why it is necessary, by issuing a new variant.

Apparently the Stopped Clock rule applies even to OPCA litigants, occasionally.

"I await her next, and final, doomed attempt to thread the needle by filing OPCA litigation while earnestly trying to convince Judge Rooke that she’s advancing nothing but legitimate law."
But isn't that the very heart and soul of OPCA, trying to convince the courts of something that isn't so????
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

How absolutely clueless do you have to be to try to, not only pass that crap past a court, but to try to pass it past Rooke. The man wrote the book on OPCA nonsense. Literally.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

JamesVincent wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:02 pm How absolutely clueless do you have to be to try to, not only pass that crap past a court, but to try to pass it past Rooke. The man wrote the book on OPCA nonsense. Literally.
She had no choice of courts. It's an Edmonton family matter so any legal remedy outside of the family court must go through Queen's Bench. I doubt that it's a coincidence that Rooke took on such a trivial case, even judges like a bit of amusement from time to time. As for "absolutely clueless" that's a given. I'd go more with totally obsessive idiot but clueless works too.

DNetolitzky
Chief Landscaper of the Quatloosian Meads

Post by DNetolitzky »

What happened is a consequence of the standard language in Alberta Court of Queen's Bench court access restriction ("vexatious litigant") orders. All applications for leave to file in northern Alberta go to the northern Alberta Associate Chief Justice (currently Nielsen ACJ), while those in southern Alberta go to Associate Chief Justice Rooke.

The same goes for Civil Practice Note No. 7 "show cause" procedures. Those are sent directly to the appropriate geographic administrative justice.
notorial dissent

Still, the seemingly obligatory proclaiming that this OPCA argument and batch of papers isn't really an OPCA argument to the court is just so de rigueur. Like it is majikally going to befuddle the court and let them get past the gatekeeper. They just can't help themselves. Just so cute, and then of course they are confused and bewildered as to why it didn't work, as if reading and actually following the court's very generous, in my opinion, instructions on how to do it properly.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

DNetolitzky wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:34 pm Those are sent directly to the appropriate geographic administrative justice.
Damn, you've destroyed the latest thread amongst the covid deniers. They just don't get it that AHS injunctions are sent to the appropriate justice so Rooke ACJ really just doesn't have a hate against them, he just deals with what is in front of him. Sorry, bad mood, trying to explain Bayes Theorem to an otherwise nice enough chap who doesn't understand real world statistical methods and how testing for covid actually has a scientific basis.