Moderator: Burnaby49

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Queen Romana Didulo Makes the News

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

So sad :snicker:

Mmm. Who else had problems with an RV? :thinking:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
AnOwlCalledSage

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

You beat me to it on that post. The "you don't have to pay your utility bills" scam is ranked near the top as an OPCA scam in Canada. Unless you're allready behind often it takes utility providers about three months or more before cut off time. Similarly, in winter, many provinces have no cut off rules for utilities. As an example, here in Alberta, the end of winter date is considered to be April 15 (side note ..... HA!) so delinquent accounts are being handled as I speak. Just make your royal decrees in January and you can claim victory until May.
AnOwlCalledSage

eric wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:33 pm Unless you're allready behind often it takes utility providers about three months or more before cut off time.
In the UK you cannot be legally cut off from water. It absolutely wrecks your credit rating, but you can claim "victory". With electricity and gas, it means a mandatory prepayment meter and higher basic tariffs, so again, technically not cut off.

Not sure what the Canadian rules are.

I should add that as someone who grew up in a house with coin-operated meters, people with them really should be getting the lowest tariffs. The utility companies are guaranteed to be payed for usage.
eric

Post by eric »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:26 pm In the UK you cannot be legally cut off from water. It absolutely wrecks your credit rating, but you can claim "victory". With electricity and gas, it means a mandatory prepayment meter and higher basic tariffs, so again, technically not cut off.
Not sure what the Canadian rules are.
In Canada you can be legally cut off from any public utility, including water. That being said, the actual process and timing depend on where you live and who your utility provider is. Some provinces have a "winter moratorium" on disconnects but they'll cut you off come the spring if you haven't caught up. Similarly, the utility providers have to afford you every possible chance to pay your bill including electricity limiters so the whole process can take months or more. Dean Clifford managed to avoid paying his water bills for two years on a property he owned in Winnipeg before it went to legal processes.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Here in British Columbia we have a similar rule about not cutting gas off in winter. However our winter is much shorter and warmer than eric's (although we have had a very miserable spring this year).
Non-payment disconnections in winter

We understand that sometimes it can be hard to pay your bills. To help everyone in B.C. stay warm in winter, we postpone non-payment disconnections for our residential customers from November 1 to March 31, when the weather is coldest.

Here's how it'll work in different parts of B.C.
Lower Mainland & Vancouver Island

From November 1 to March 31, you won't be disconnected for non-payment if the forecasted daily average temperature for the next 24 hours is below 0 degrees Celsius. When it warms up, you'll be disconnected if you still haven't paid your bill or made a payment arrangement by calling us at 1 800 BCHYDRO (1 800 224 9376).
Rest of B.C.

If you live outside the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island, you won't be disconnected for non-payment between November 1 and March 31. If you don't pay your bill, you'll still continue to receive payment notices, late payment charges and could be assessed a security deposit. Disconnections for non-payment start again on April 1. If you're disconnected, you'll have to pay the full outstanding balance to resume your electricity service.
I've not seen anything in the local news about Queen Romana's followers trying the free gas scam. Our sovereigns are a dispirited, feeble bunch compared to Alberta's brave parasites.

A significant issue here was elderly people, usually living alone and no family, who didn't pay and were getting cut off in winter. The utility didn't know the circumstances or age, they were just unpaid accounts. But after some cases became public and there were political rumblings the rule of no winter cutoffs went into effect.

That happened to my father after my mother died. On one visit I saw a big stack of unopened mail in the corner of the kitchen. Turned out to be months of unpaid bills for gas, electricity, water, pretty much everything. He could easily afford to pay but he'd just given up reading his mail. Fortunately I got on top of it before any cutoffs.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

HRH Romana has made it to Wonkette, IMHO one of the funniest sites out there.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
eric

Post by eric »

The article has some interesting background history on the "Ascended Masters" cult story. Darren Clifford's (the brother of Dean) group in Northern BC has now gone completely down this route. All talk of "divine feminine", "ascended light workers", and his girlfriend Jodi Hoeght ensures conformity. It's classic Dean Clifford equity mumbo-jumbo repackaged with new age spiritualism. Here's their youtube channel if you dare to sit through hours of videos saying the same thing, over and over again: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwCfGc ... YmcMQiS6xQ
eric

Post by eric »

Just an update on the usurper. Ignoring platinum jubilees and somehow getting enough cash that she could keep her rented RV's Queen Romana has been journeying east from Lethbridge to New Brunswick to make an "important announcement" yet to be disclosed. Small difficulty..... https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2022/06/03/ ... -au-quebec
Summary - running a red light, expired driver's licence, and expired vehicle registration. I noted that one of the seized vehicles had Quebec plates on it so that accounts for her side trip through the Gaspesie to meet with one of her supporters. Similarly I enjoyed the "Mobile Government" sign on the one vehicle. BTW, the small town where her convoy was halted is notable for two things - speak French to the authorities or you are in trouble; and the town totally crashed twenty odd years ago because of total mismanagement of its one major industry by outsiders (see item one). Their only industry (the pulp mill) was one of my customers on my annual summer Maritime mill tour and somehow had millions to spend on a useless project. Oh, well, nice way to spend my August when I was working.
AnOwlCalledSage

I missed this official Twitter response to Queen Dildo (not my words, I'm just reporting the facts) when her followers told Hydro Quebec that electricity was now free by royal decree.

Bravo Hydro-Quebec. Bravo :snicker:
eric

Post by eric »

Congratulations to Hydro-Quebec for the response. That being said, that's the twitter account of Hydro-Quebec Corporate and the Gods at Corporate probably haven't spoken to an individual private consumer since they did a summer internship thirty years ago. Hydro-Quebec is not a minor regional producer - last year their net income was roughly three billion USD but still has the lowest electricity rates in North America for their Quebec customers.
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

Not any news about Queenie per se but she has had an article about her written in British The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... racy-alarm
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

All Commonwealth Quatloos members,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences (as an ignorant Yank) for the passing of Queen Elizabeth II.

That being said, has Romana Dildo claimed victory yet?
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
AnOwlCalledSage

BoomerSooner17 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:25 pm That being said, has Romana Dildo claimed victory yet?
She did her victory lap months ago!

However, I'm still waiting for all the Sov Cit/FotLer theories based on the Coronation Oath to collapse. Only joking!
eric

Post by eric »

The coronation oath theories may collapse but other theories have only been strengthened. They include the theory that she has only been surviving off healthy doses of adrenochrome and for some reason the supply was disrupted thus resulting in her death. The other theory I've seen is that she was arrested and executed months ago by the military and was replaced by a CGI animation. There was a software glitch and they could no longer replicate her. Next theory, specific to Canada, she purposely died as a distraction to draw attention away from the stabbings in Saskatchewan. I still haven't seen a lizard replacement theory for her death yet but it's still early. I think I spent too much time yesterday in some of the darker holes of twitter and facebook......
eric

Post by eric »

Further to my comments regarding unusual theories regarding HM's demise. Local to me (or about an hour away), Calgary Freedom Central is the group that Chris Harrod parades with, the "Freeland" mentioned is Chrystia Freeland, the deputy prime minister and finance minister of Canada.

Considering Elizabeth I died in 1603, if Elizabeth II was the daughter of her maid, that adrenochrome must have really worked well.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I would think that if Queen Dildo was the true British monarch, this would be the absolute best time for her to announce her accession to the throne.

I wonder when she'll do that.... :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :shrug: :o :snicker: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Albert Haddock
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Albert Haddock »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:57 am I would think that if Queen Dildo was the true British monarch, this would be the absolute best time for her to announce her accession to the throne.

I wonder when she'll do that.... :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :shrug: :o :snicker: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

2021?

viewtopic.php?p=289841#p289841
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Albert Haddock wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:58 am
Pottapaug1938 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:57 am I would think that if Queen Dildo was the true British monarch, this would be the absolute best time for her to announce her accession to the throne.

2021?

viewtopic.php?p=289841#p289841
NOW. With the passing of Elizabeth II, this is the time for Her Idiotic Majesty to step up and step into the role which she clains is rightfully hers. Speak now, Dildo, or forever hold your peace... PLEASE!!!
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
AnOwlCalledSage

I've not been posting the individual stupidity because I assume everyone is following @DrSarteschi on the Twitters! :snicker: