Robert Menard

Moderator: Burnaby49

bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Robert Menard

Post by bmxninja357 »

although i think different than rob on this issue i do feel the police do need to be held a little more accountable for their actions. i do not think the public good should lay in the hands of a largely one sided system.

let me use a story from my younger years. i will tell it well so if the officers involved read this, or those who stood by do know exactly who im referring to.

my boys and i were selling weed at beaver hills park (downtown edmonton). it was 'hot' so everything was on stash in planters and empty smoke packs on the road and such. i knew they were watching me. but i had a sale. i went to the planter 104 and jasper ave, north east corner, and grabbed the couple grams i hid there. at that point i saw two guys run for me. street clothes and angry. i bolted into the lrt(light rail transit) station. i crossed it and went up the other side. when i looked back they were not even half down and i was near up the other side. upon exit of the station i ran down jasper ditching my couple grams covertly in the planter as i passed. patrol car that way... i stopped. the two uc(under covers) made it up. i put up my hands and layed down.

they came, draged me to the corner and put me between the cement edge of the station and the sand box. (its a cement box for sand for the ice in winter) at that point, i was not mouthy. search and arrest was my thoughts. at that point i was kicked in the back. then one started smashing my face of the ground. hard. this went on for what seemed like forever but was in retrospect about 3 to 6 minutes.

now two old ladies walked up and said something to the effect of,"you cant do that. this is wrong!". had i had my wits about me i would have said report this or something. but instead the cop bleated, "fuck off or we will arrest you too!"

at any rate i wound up in the back of an unmarked car. the one not driving was twisting my collar to choke me out and as i came to would repeat this. finally we got to epd (edmonton police department) hq.

darcy! one of the fuckers names was darcy! f#ck i havent been able to remember his name! bright blue eyes.

so anyway, we got to the station. i thought i was almost safe. others around. on the walk through the downstairs hall there was a uniformed officer walking out. he looks at us and says, "troublemaker huh?" then drove me square in the face. so much for safety huh?

and it keeps going.

i was put in an interrogation cell and told to strip. i complied. i know i had nothing on me. darcy ripped the lining out of my coat. he had nothing. then he complimented my shoes first generation jordans). which he also tore apart. at that point he asked if i was tough and kicked me in the head. i did not fight back as i knew i would have died. after a couple minutes of ass kicking, while i was naked in a cell, he told me i had two minutes to get dressed, turned out the light and locked the door. he told me this time he is finding something. i was literally leaned forward pouring blood into the drain. i listened to the cops outside the door discuss if i went to court or they need to get rid of me while i dressed.

i was then graced with 1.1 grams of hash( i had no hash. i had a half pound of pot in the alley) charged with possession and thrown in the pink cells, without food or outside contact, for about 3 days. there is no natural light there but one can guess time by when folks go to court. they did this so the swelling would go down.

bail granted at j.p. (justice of the peace) called ride home.

so.....

im all for the public filming. audio and video. in fact all cameras in police stations should be live feeds. and for that matter the cameras eps tested were a joke. a 15 year old russian driving a stolen scooter has a better camera for less money. there on the payroll of joe citizen.

no guns. no nothing. film it.

im pissed off remembering what happened.

anyone want to see why i feel this way? now that i remember a name im in for making a case.

peace.
ninj

*spelling edit
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

i just forwarded that post to eps. i could never remember the cops name. till now....

peace,
ninj
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I think this is a case of Menard piggy backing on a real issue in order to offer a Freeman non-solution but possibly another instance of him spending too much time online and absorbing stuff from south of the border.

I was reminded of Menard's complaints about police militarization now that it's become a topic of national conversation after the Mike Brown shooting. The problem is that I'm not sure how this is a Canadian problem. As we now know, this appears to have started with a post-9/11 pentagon policy of moving spare military equipment to local police combined with demands for more firepower for police officers following some cases of criminals outgunning. But as far as I can tell, this was a US thing.

In fact, in the case that prompted Menard's comments, (the Justin Bourque case), the guy was captured alive despite shooting 5 cops. I don't think it's a stretch to argue that if he had done the same in the US he would have just been shot rather than arrested.

In fact, in the Dean Clifford case, if you remember the Angela Stark interview about his fist fight with cops, she points out that she's amazed he didn't get shot. Which going back to the Brown case, assuming this version of events is correct, Brown gets shot after getting into a fist fight with a cop that's trying to arrest him.

I think, not a stretch to argue that under the same circumstances, you wouldn't get shot by a Canadian cop.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

fact is, much the way it is largely an american issue, the eps has been given quite un necessarily a few apc's... (armored personnel carriers)

http://www.edmontonpolice.ca/communityp ... tical.aspx

in addition in 1991 i was the driver in a high speed pursuit. there was 3 separate police agencies in less than 5km of city limits as well as 3 helicopters before they would admit they had air force one. in fact, i was on tv by the time i hit the station and got to a phone...

now i will admit they were in fact justified in their chase. however we all learned that the amount of what they had was a bit overkill.....

i got 4 months that time. lol. eventually. i was home in time to watch myself on the news, dangerous driving charge pending. took my booze tho. the receipt was not with it. strangely they could not prove the 80 or so cartons of smokes were stolen. after all i did find them by a tree by the mall. they could prove no different.

theres more to the story. but in short; under two hours i was on the way home with a couple tickets and a inventive, uninspiring, shitty, threat laden lecture. it had no effect.

point is, with modern security my haydays would never have happened.

if you treat folks like animals they will act like animals. non violent criminal hijinks do not merit a military reply.

maybe its just me
ninj
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

bmxninja357 wrote: if you treat folks like animals they will act like animals. non violent criminal hijinks do not merit a military reply.

maybe its just me
ninj
I don't think it's just you, or Canadian, or even distinctly North American. As a young lad at college (in the 1990's) my class helped out with a police/fire service/ambulance joint rescue drill in Wiltshire (UK). For this we had to dress the 'bodies' - heavy stuffed mannequins and provide clues that could be used to identify them. For this we were picked up in a police van and taken to a local police aviation hanger.

On the way we noticed that the van we had been picked up in had a cage in the back, at around head height affixed to the cage and dividing the prisoner/officer area was a large sheet of plexiglass. One of our number wondered what it was for. The officer driving us said it was a spit guard. Then he remarked that they didn't need to have them until they put the cages in the back. His closing comment was exactly what you just said "If you treat people like animals, they will act like animals".
Warning may contain traces of nut
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Along with astute leadership, guidance, wise counsel, thoughtful and insightful planning, training, equipment, transportation, and well just about anything. Yeah, in his pot dreams maybe. :snicker:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

does that make the current situation acceptable?

a sledge hammer is not the way to kill a fly is what im saying here. kinda like training a dog to heel with a camaro.

in fact, its odds of working are fairly minimal.

peace,
ninj
notorial dissent

We have a strictly civilian oversight commission and they bust them all the time. We also sue the city/county/state, quite regularly for violations, and generally win more than we lose. We've had a major round of firings in the last several years for abuse, toleration of that abuse has cost various gov'ts a big piece of change over the last couple of years to the point that they got the message and made serious changes.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Jeffrey wrote:I think this is a case of Menard piggy backing on a real issue in order to offer a Freeman non-solution but possibly another instance of him spending too much time online and absorbing stuff from south of the border.
Yeah, you got it right. Menard finds an issue in the headlines and hoping it will get some traction in the freeman subculture he starts a self-aggrandizing but ineffectual "project" he says will address the issue. Bobby gets some Facebook likes, a few positive comments, a female friend says he's the best, maybe he gets a few bucks and an offer to speak at a rally or on web radio show. . . .that's all Bobby needs to feed the narcissistic beast.

Meanwhile everyone else is left to deal with the problem.

Under Bobby's toked up guidance the C3PO "project" has turned out to be an abject failure with the arrests and convictions of the Nanaimo crew. But as if he can't settle for simple failure Menard proposes to arm the C3POs, setting up a potential disaster!

We all know Menard is not going to train, arm or support any C3POs. In Bobby's mind the C3POs exist to buy him Moose Heads.

But the danger is that some freemen will, thanks to Bobby, get it in their heads that the cops need to be shot down. . .and that they're just the ones to do it!

Thanks again, Bobby! Thanks for the mile wide trail of misery and failure you have left in your wake.
notorial dissent

Nanaimo is proof there are FOTL types out there stupid and clueless enough to take Bobby's C3PO idiocy to the next and lethal level. He is a crank, but not a harmless crank, and when one or more of his FOTL followers get themselves killed, or worse yet kills some innocent, the blame should rightly be laid on his doorstep.
Last edited by notorial dissent on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited to correct spelling
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I ssume FTOL (Friends of The Old Library) ought to be FOTL (Freemen On The Land).
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

The people of Edmonton are saddled with a photo radar traffic ticketing system like that used in France. Last year it raised $33.6 million for the police coffers.

see: Edmonton mayor fights back against photo radar critics http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/edm ... story.html

Yet again the Edmonton detachment of Robert Menard's C3PO does nothing to stop what they term the unlawful ticketing of peaceful travelers!

By all accounts the police department's photo radar trucks are easy to spot. Why doesn't the Edmonton C3PO detachment do something?

Why won't Menard make the registry of C3POs public so the people of Canada can see who it is in Edmonton that's not doing their job?
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Over on his Facebook page Mr. Menard provides us with the following John Adams quote:
“Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people; and not for profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, the people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it.”
Apparently the bong addled Bobby can’t decide whether he’s about Lysander Spooner or John Adams. At times The Fezzed One apes anarcho-libertarianism and tells us government needs the consent of the individual to have authority over him. . .then he embraces 18th century notions of representative democracy and says government operates for the common good.

The question is whether Bobby is being manipulative, or whether he’s just plain stupid. Anybody with a grade school grasp of history knows that the western democracies embraced coercion and enacted constitutions which grant their governments the authority to make and enforce binding law. . .whether the couch sitting, beer guzzling Menard likes it or not.

One might wonder if Bobby’s jumbled up mind can’t decide if such coercion would be alright if it is only done for the common good, or if as he copy pastas it, “It’s all about consent”. One might think Bobby can’t decide whether he’s for good government or anarchy.

But I say he is just a manipulative narcissist who will straddle any fence he needs to for a few ego sauving “that a boy” responses from his Facebook minions.

With scholarship and leadership like this it’s no wonder freemanism circling the drain. Under the tutorship of the likes of Moose Head Man freemnary has become one comic traffic stop, one failed courtroom argument, phony self promoting web site after another.
notorial dissent

Let's just split the difference and say that he is a stupid manipulative narcissist, as I think that pretty well covers it.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

notorial dissent wrote:Let's just split the difference and say that he is a stupid manipulative narcissist, as I think that pretty well covers it.
At one time it might have been easy to have thought of Menard as a smooth operator, with smarts, who didn't really buy every scam, project or idea he posted.

At one time he was a guy who could stand up in front of a freeman audience and charm the pants off them. At the time I was puzzled as to how he could really believe lame ideas like the 96 fix and the ACCP were anything more than fantasies from freeman wet dreams.

But after seeing a few drunk and/or stoned Youtubes, a few more ridiculous projects and, as we see here, continuing non-existent scholarship I am beginning to think Menard was a sort of idiot savant who could clean himself up, stand in front of a willing audience and, for an hour or so, make it look like he knew what he's talking about.

Menard's inabilities came shining through when he had to acquire the land for freeman valley, set up the infrastructure for the ACCP, provide training and guidance for the C3POs, or even differentiate one theory of government from another. Then it became clear Bobby was and is all fez and no do.
notorial dissent

arayder wrote:But after seeing a few drunk and/or stoned Youtubes, a few more ridiculous projects and, as we see here, continuing non-existent scholarship I am beginning to think Menard was a sort of idiot savant who can clean himself up, stand in front of a willing audience and, for an hour or so, make it look like he knew what he's talking about.
I think you're probably right in that he apparently can pull it together long enough to put on a show, but I think more to the point, he chooses his audiences for their very dimwittedness and lack of thought for thinking he has a clue, and that his audiences are even further bereft of common sense and ability to think for themselves, after all that is why they are paying Bobby the big bucks to do it for them. I also think it helps when your audiences aren't going to be critical or capable of critical thinking, and really really want to believe whatever woo you are peddling. That is basically how he has made a living all these years. I just marvel at the fact that he periodically keeps finding a new crop.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

We know that as of several months ago Menard was still showing up at local freeman gatherings like those of Mario Antonacci/Andreas Pirelli and the Nanaimo three.

Having worn out his welcome in Vancouver Bobby has lit in the Toronto area, where he has family and is living off the money from his ole daddy's estate. . .which, by the way, he used his SIN to receive.

My guess is Moose Head man regularly shows up at the basements of the gullibles were he trades tales of glory for bongs and beers. Recently he's had a bee in his bonnet about his June traffic stop and has taken to talking the Menard talk about using the C3PO to monitor the police in five different Canadian cities.

So far there's no news on the C3PO detachments Robby, the Phony Bobby, has promised the gullible.

It's dollars to doughnuts that the revived C3PO story is nothing more than an attentional and fund raising ploy.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Has he actually done anything though?

I mean the June traffic stop was essentially staged then never used it to do anything.
notorial dissent

I think the consensus is that Bobby boy is all fez and no action.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Jeffrey wrote:Has he actually done anything though?
No, as far as anyone can tell Bobby has never taken action, including the activation of his Edmonton C3PO detachment.
Jeffrey wrote:I mean the June traffic stop was essentially staged then never used it to do anything.
That's an interesting observation. Bobby staged his dine and dash in Vancouver by setting up an "escrow account" to pay the restaurant after he created a scene and made sure the cops were called.

Menard waived the write up around on Youtube and then declared victory when the prosecutor decided not waste the tax payers money by bringing charges over a restaurant tab that got paid in the end anyway.

Are we seeing a pattern here? Was the pretend dine and dash used to validate the ACCP? Was the staged traffic stop, during which Bobby wasn't driving, used to validate the C3PO?

Freemen reading this have got to wonder if Bobby has pulled this three card monte trick on them!