Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Moderator: Burnaby49

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Post by notorial dissent »

I think plain damn scary is probably a better description. The Swiss were never noted for their sense of humor, not that I blame them all things considered, and the Swiss Guard have surgically removed when it has to do with the Papacy.

The thought of them going up against this bunch would be pure comedy, they'd end up hurting in ways they never thought possible, but not gonna happen as Dean and crew are all blather and no action.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

Jeffrey wrote:
I doubt Dean Clifford will have his drugs and firearms charges heard for ... mmm ... another year or so?
Jesus please tell me you're joking. This is fun to observe but even I'm getting antsy.

In fact Menard and NWO are already posturing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpfrIOcaX8g

Edit: It would be great to see if we can get our hands on the motion that got Dean so upset (the one that cites Meads etc). Sounds like they had fun writing that one.
A year or so? Not unrealistic. This will be a long trial since Dean won't admit anything, and will be making all kinds of spurious pre-trial applications that a search warrant wasn't valid because it didn't have a wet ink signature, the court has no authority, and so. He'll claim police brutality, wrongful detention, etc - and all these will be additional voir dire mini-hearings, or glued to the main trial. In any case, more delay.

Dean quite possibly will insist on a jury trial too (bwahahahaha!) which while it it sure won't help him, would cause further delay. Jury trials take about 1.5 to 2 times longer than a judge alone trial, which will make booking things tougher. Oh yes, and Dean will insist on interrogating those jurors for anti-Freeman shills, won't he? That will extend a day-long jury selection into more, no doubt.

The real killer, though, will be continuity. Normally defence lawyers don't contest that the gun seized by Constable X in this photo at address Y on date Z is the same gun now being presented as an exhibit by the Crown. It's presumed that the Crown and police are competent enough at tracking things that a given exhibit is unlikely to have been tampered with, switched, and so on. Dean is unlikely to be so kind as to admit continuity, which means for each piece of evidence every person who ever handled it will have to trundle in, explain what they did with it, when, who they handed it off to, and so on. That would mean each of Dean's firearms, his grow op supplies and plants, documentation, etc.

The Crown may very well bring in evidence the grow op was commercial, and that means financial records. Again, same thing with continuity.

And if this is a jury trial the jurors will be sitting there stabbing themselves with their writing utensils, waiting for this hell to end.

I honestly don't know how long trial backlogs are in Manitoba QB, but I bet we're looking at a two week trial to get in the Crown evidence, unless Dean cooperates and makes admissions. Then Dean gets to enter his evidence. Yeah. Think of all the 'useful' and 'relevant' witnesses he will try to have subpeonaed. More time.

The 23 year number in the video fake headline sounds high to me, but as I have said elsewhere, if a judge wants to make a point, they usually can find the way.

Given how things are going I think a 10 year sentence is plausible, again provided Dean is convicted of everything.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Hey!

Hey!

Big news!

Dean's application to appeal his being denied bail? It was heard on Monday (June 23, 2014). And...
24-Jun-2014 - Winnipeg-QB- BAIL HEARING ORDER CLEARWATER J, 23JUN2014 ACCUSED'S BAIL REVIEW APP DENIED
Uh oh... Spaghetti-o! That's what you get for praying to Ba'al!

But I'm certain that somehow Dean is winning! Or even Dean has already won! Go Dean! Go Team DEAN!

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Well he wasn't actually applying for bail. He's just faking them out.
notorial dissent

Well then he did a good job, and got just what he wanted, again!!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

So ... Dean's next court appearance is on July 2, 2014 at 9:30 a.m. in his "CI14-01-89455 CLIFFORD, DEAN C. vs QUEEN" action. This is the one (http://www.mediafire.com/view/lfn3mxik7 ... ent_#1.pdf) where he is suing the Queen, and a mix of police officers, Crown Prosecutors, and a couple judges.

All he wants is $50,000 per hour for his "services", and:
Immunity from legislation and policies of Her Majesty the Queen et al. effective as of the moment of the false arrest of claimant and forced subjugation, forcible confinement, involuntary servitude and fraud carried out by agents for Her Majesty the queen that has led to the complete loss of everything in claimant's life and the irreparable harm to the quality of claimants life.
This is the action where the defendants have moved to strike out Dean's claim (that's the July 2 hearing), but have cited Meads v. Meads, 2012 ABQB 571 as a leading authority. And that's how Dean discovered that judgment is all about taxpayers etc as discussed previously.

So - when Dean relies on that shitty, shitty eCarswell Canada headnote as his authority, and fails - his action is struck out, and Dean will very likely be ordered to pay the defendants' legal costs on a solicitor and own client indemnity basis.

'Cause that's now the usual rule in Canada for a response to OPCA nonsense.

And when that happens, Dean will, I think, perhaps have a basis for the very first lawsuit he could potentially win in a Canadian court. He can sue eCarswell in tort for having produced a shitty, shitty, misleading headnote that he relied upon, in good faith, given the expertise of eCarswell and its editors. He, a lay person, made a futile attempt to resist the July 2, 2014 CI14-01-89455 motion to strike, and if he had not been mislead by the eCarswell shitty, shitty headnote, he would have dropped his lawsuit after reading Meads v. Meads.

If Dean had not been mislead he would not have had costs awarded against him (or less costs in any case) and therefore he was injured by eCarswell's negligent case commentary headnote.

I think this passes muster on at least a basic level.

Does eCarswell have a duty of care not to produce hideously inaccurate and shitty, shitty headnotes to judgments? They hold themselves and their editors out as legal experts, so I'd say probably so. They encourage people who use their material to rely upon their expertise. This is a negligent product liability issue, at its heart. Ginger beer and snail, and all that.

Is there an elevated standard of care, as eCarswell should have foreseen this particular judgment will be heavily accessed by lay persons, some of whom have a troubled grasp of legal principles, and who are easily misled by sloppy legal writing? Maybe - it's arguable.

Is it foreseeable that a shitty, shitty headnote that grossly misstates a long and complex judgment could mislead a lay person? Absolutely - could happen to a lawyer too, which I again why I think it is unprofessional for a lawyer to ever pay attention to a headnote.

Did the eCarswell editors breach their standard of care by production of the shitty, shitty Meads v. Meads headnote? Duuuhhh...

Did eCarswell's negligence cause Dean's injury? Well, here's the one place where Dean's hypothetical action might run into trouble. Arguably Dean would inevitable find some way to misinterpret Meads v. Meads, but he certainly lost any chance of reading it front to back and finally clueing in. All thanks to eCarswell and their shitty, shitty headnote.

So - in summary, I think it is entirely plausible that when Dean's lawsuit gets struck out next Wednesday and he is assessed costs that would be a basis for a real, good ol' fashioned, not entirely vexatious and frivolous lawsuit against eCarswell.

Hmm. Wonder if Darren is still watching this forum?

SMS Möwe
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Stop being so damn tactful. Tell us what you really think about the headnote.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I'm with you on how shitty the eCarswell headnote is. But, (according to Dean) the motion contained Meads in it's entirety so a slightly misleading headnote isn't really problematic when it contains the full judgment. Not to mention Meads isn't the only case law that motion relied upon (again, according to Dean).

Not to mention Dean was already familiar with Meads having been sent a link to the Canlii version which didn't have the headnote and which he ignored at the time.
Dean will very likely be ordered to pay the defendants' legal costs on a solicitor and own client indemnity basis.
Well it's Dean's girlfriend or whatever that's paying, so Dean has nothing to worry about.
notorial dissent

So it's not so much that Dean misread the headnote, as much Dean just plain can't read to begin with and doesn't know WTF he's doing at the best of times. That about cover it? There's a really nice succinct latin phrase that sums this up, and I can't remember it right now to save myself.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote: ..... that shitty, shitty eCarswell Canada headnote as his authority......

.... a shitty, shitty, misleading headnote that he relied upon......

......the eCarswell shitty, shitty headnote........

Does eCarswell have a duty of care not to produce hideously inaccurate and shitty, shitty headnotes to judgments?

..... that a shitty, shitty headnote that grossly misstates a long and complex judgment ......

......production of the shitty, shitty Meads v. Meads headnote?

All thanks to eCarswell and their shitty, shitty headnote.

SMS Möwe
Stop beating around the bush Möwe and tell us what you really think of that headnote...
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Fmotlgroupie

Post by Fmotlgroupie »

notorial dissent wrote:So it's not so much that Dean misread the headnote, as much Dean just plain can't read to begin with and doesn't know WTF he's doing at the best of times. That about cover it? There's a really nice succinct latin phrase that sums this up, and I can't remember it right now to save myself.
There's so many to choose from, everything from "stultissimus est" to a more lyrical, if less polite, "pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo, Menarde pathice et cinnaede Deani, qui me ex versiculis meis putastis, quod sunt Quatloosani, parum pudicum."
(It scans like it was written like a Goth but you try to find an apposite 4-syllable adjective to replace molliculi)
notorial dissent

Catullus, really!!
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

The Manitoba Court of Queen's Bench heard an application today to have Dean's civil action struck out. According to the court's online registry page the application has been adjourned from July 2, 2014 to Aug. 1, 2014, and will be heard at 2:00 P.M.

No explanation is available from the Manitoba Queen's Bench website. The only new document on file is the disposition sheet making that order.

SMS Möwe
Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

Look carefully! The matter has been moved from the"uncontested list" to a "contested hearing". What probably happened is that Dean didn't file any response to their motion and so it was placed on a docket full of other uncontested motions that normally take up very little court time. Of course, once our hero showed up ready to argue his maxims and bible verses, the matter was probably then adjourned to a hearing date proper rather than delay what was likely a busy docket.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

You're quite right Bill - mea culpa.

(... and you forgot Dean's most potent tool of all - the Shitty Shitty Headnote, courtesy of Carswell Canada (http://www.carswell.com/corporate/about-us/):
Since 1864, Carswell has been providing the information tools and resources professionals need to better serve their customers, and the Carswell name has become synonymous with quality. ...
Synonymous with quality! Hope Dean quotes that...)

SMS Möwe
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:....the Shitty Shitty Headnote, courtesy of Carswell Canada.....

SMS Möwe
Take a deep breath..... in..... and out. Now stand up slowly and meaningfully and walk away from the computer. Now, doesn't that feel better?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Going on two weeks without an update from the Clifford camp.

HOWEVER, they've uploaded to their Youtube channel an advert of the Victoria BC seminar now being available for rent on Vimeo for only $40.

http://vimeo.com/ondemand/DeanCVictoria

It's worth noting that they still have comments disabled on all videos.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Courtesy of NWO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFmSWjXy3os

We finally have the Menard vs. Dean Clifford situation in context.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Jeffrey wrote:Courtesy of NWO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFmSWjXy3os

We finally have the Menard vs. Dean Clifford situation in context.
I while back I said I figured there was a real possibility Bobby wanted to profit from Dean's misfortune.

This may look like a call for non-violence and peace. But coming from a guy who recently called for the arming of the C3PO, it rings pretty hollow. It looks to me like the freeman movement is having a contest to see who can throw each other under the bus the fastest.

Menard lauds Dean for his February encounters with the police. . . then months later tells a crowd at a We Are Change meeting that Dean's hurting the movement! The video gets picked up by Steve Bates of NWO2 (Bobby's new sponsor) who hates Dean. Bobby's only doing what the boss says.

All the while Dean lies to his contributors trying to keep the coffers full. . . only to have his web administrator rat him out.

bmxninja throws the whole crew under the bus to come here to reject freemanism, jabber about good government and tell tales about the freemen he moderated at WFS forum.

Way to go, freemen. The wheels are coming off!
Last edited by arayder on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

By the way who's the girl introducing Dean; I've seen her on other videos of his.