Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Post by Burnaby49 »

SteveUK wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:29 am I had to look up the Google and trip advisor reviews for the elegant, 5* surroundings of the Cambie Hotel. What a shit hole.

I was somewhat disappointed not to find any reviews from either of the Korys.

By the looks of it, you'd need to be a special type of idiot to get thrown out of that dump.
Special type of idiot? You’d need to be a VERY special type of idiot to get thrown out of the Cambie. But Dean and Darcy were up to the challenge and then some, getting tossed after only one night.

To be fair to the Cambie the bar was fine and that was all I cared about. We had much better accommodation elsewhere.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Happy Anniversary Dean! This month makes it three years since Dean became a resident of British Columbia and Vancouver Island. An eventful time for Dean and the various police forces on the Island! But, more specifically, today marks another anniversary! It's now seven months since Dean last posted on Face Book. He's had protracted absences in the past but nothing of this duration.

As I've noted in prior posts Dean has been endlessly, pointlessly battling authorities since his arrival in British Columbia and has just as relentlessly been beaten down by them. Perhaps he's been silent since last March because he no longer has even symbolic victories to report, all he has is more proof of how insignificant he actually is. It's also possible, given the abysmal circumstances he'd been facing before he went silent, that he's finally arrived at the bottom he's been relentlessly spiraling towards to since the day he arrived here in British Columbia. He may now be just another of the homeless denizens of Douglas Street in Victoria scrabbling to find a handout lunch and a place to sleep each night.

But I'm confident that through all this adversity and hardship he's still a man of principles and will not, no matter how dire his circumstances, make the final abject surrender to the system by getting a paying job. There are some things that a man with Dean's core beliefs just cannot do and working is right at the top of that list.

Does that sound a bit harsh? Let me share with you Dean's first Face Book posting after his arrival at Port Alberni on Vancouver Island in October 2016.
Dean Kory Lee is a 5 star carpenter...Mel is putting resume's in at all the retail stores and I'm working on getting a doctor and going to attempt disability...I'm a tattoo artist & law/legal guy.I supplement my income with helping people file civil claims too.
Lee and Mel are the couple that gave Dean a ride to Vancouver Island from Ontario and they apparently emigrated here with the hope of finding work. However note that Dean called his search for a doctor who would certify him as disabled "work". Fighting for welfare is, for him, actually a legitimate form of employment. If he's really disabled in any way it doesn't seem to affect his day to day living at all and he's never said what his purported disability might be. His law/legal employment, if it ever existed, would be taking money to help people screw themselves by filing sovereign nonsense in court actions.

However, regardless of circumstances, Dean and Darcy will be busy in the near future, they both have court dates coming up.
KORY, DARCY Allen Nanaimo Law Courts 28-Nov-2019 11:00 AM FT
KORY, DEAN Russell Nanaimo Law Courts 28-Nov-2019 11:00 AM FT
FT means "For Trial - Used for the first day of a trial on an Information or Indictment when a case is set before a Judge/Justice."

This is what Dean and Darcy are facing;
27-Dec-2018 BLW - 000 Municipal Bylaw Offence KORY, DEAN Russell Nanaimo BC
28-Dec-2018 BLW - 000 Municipal Bylaw Offence KORY, DEAN Russell Nanaimo BC
28-Dec-2018 CCC - 127(1) Disobeying court order KORY, DEAN Russell Nanaimo BC
27-Dec-2018 BLW - 000 Municipal Bylaw Offence KORY, DARCY Allen Nanaimo BC
28-Dec-2018 BLW - 000 Municipal Bylaw Offence KORY, DARCY Allen Nanaimo BC
28-Dec-2018 CCC - 127(1) Disobeying court order KORY, DARCY Allen Nanaimo BC
So each is facing two separate bylaw offenses and disobeying a court order. This will relate to their antics at the Nanaimo tent city eviction. No doubt Dean is working on a devastating sovereign based defense that will sweep away our corrupt court system.

Court records also show this history for Darcy from last year;
82562-1
15-Feb-2017
264.1(1)(a) Uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm
KORY, DARCY Allen
Qualicum Beach BC

82562-1
10-Feb-2017
Assault
KORY, DARCY Allen
Qualicum Beach BC

82562-3-B
06-Sep-2018
145(3) Breach of undertaking or recognizance
KORY, DARCY Allen
Nanaimo BC

82562-4-B
17-Oct-2018
733.1(1) Breach of Probation Order
KORY, DARCY Allen
For which he was found guilty and ended up in custody. Darcy has a record of petty crimes in Ontario and British Columbia going back decades. Dean also has a record in Ontario but since he only arrived here in late 2016 he's got a lot of catching up to do. However he seems to be doing his best to make up for lost time. It's that darn sibling rivalry.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Chaos
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Chaos »

or...........he stopped consuming oxygen.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

An intriguing possibility but unlikely. He's only 50 and, as far as I know, in good health. I google him from time to time and no report of a death. Also, his trial is still on the court schedule. If he'd expired his parole officer would know and charges would have been dropped. He'd finally have a victory against the system!

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I suppose it's just too fantastical a thought that they got jobs and settled down and became useful and productive citizens. Alas, credulity only stretches so far.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Burnaby49 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:34 am An intriguing possibility but unlikely. He's only 50 and, as far as I know, in good health. I google him from time to time and no report of a death. Also, his trial is still on the court schedule. If he'd expired his parole officer would know and charges would have been dropped. He'd finally have a victory against the system!
We're smart enough to spot the "taking a year off dead" to avoid legal consequences ploy.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

More to point "taking a year off dead" requires disappearing into the background and not coming to official notice. I don't think Dean could last a year, or even a month, without multiple hostile interactions with authority. Not just police, although he's been in constant confrontation with them since coming to British Columbia, but with everyone, police, hotel keepers, whoever's behind the bar, shelter workers, anyone. He's in constant confrontation, he doesn't seem to have the self-control to hold back over anything, no matter how slight. He was thrown out of the New Hope Salvation Army shelter in Nanaimo and the Rock Bay Landing emergency shelter in Victoria, both with a vast experience in dealing with difficult customers, drug addicts, the mentally ill, the hard-core homeless. Even in those places he stood out. So I can't see him quietly disappearing into the woodwork.

notorial dissent

I can't help but agree. Deano has shown a very long and storied past history of being thoroughly and totally disagreeable, unpleasant, and anti-social is maybe the correct term for it. I have to say, in all honesty, that considering the crowd he and Darcy insist on associating with that I am really well and truly amazed that someone hasn't done them in in some painful and unpleasant way. Must be a Canadian thing. The other alternative I can see, since they don't seem to be appearing on the police blotter, is that maybe they have cut and run to other less police and judicially hostile climes. I mean there must be someplace they don't have active warrants pending. They certainly have nothing to hold them in your neck of the woods other than court dates they would otherwise ignore.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Seriously, could he be a rotting corpse in a tent in a forest somewhere and just hasn't been found yet?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I can't see it. He and his brother face trial in a month. With his history of petty crime and parole violations there's no chance he's out and unsupervised before trial. This means that he's on bail with supervision by a parole officer. One requirement, one he's been arrested for violating in the past, is that he report to his parole officer on a frequent, fixed schedule. If he misses a single scheduled meeting there'd be an arrest warrant issued which would show on the court record. He might have died in the last few weeks and it's still undiscovered but not longer than a month. He hasn't posted of Face Book in over seven months and even for months before that there was nothing really personal, just repostings of sovereign nonsense and issues about tent cities.

notorial dissent

So both of them staying out of trouble and out of jail!!!!! Amazing! :shock:
TBL

Post by TBL »

Burnaby49 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:34 am An intriguing possibility but unlikely. He's only 50 and, as far as I know, in good health. I google him from time to time and no report of a death. Also, his trial is still on the court schedule. If he'd expired his parole officer would know and charges would have been dropped. He'd finally have a victory against the system!
Truly this ploy would seem a one-trick-pony. Shuffling off this mortal coil seems a guaranteed, permanent win in the legal system, but not easily repeatable.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

TBL wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:39 pm
Truly this ploy would seem a one-trick-pony. Shuffling off this mortal coil seems a guaranteed, permanent win in the legal system, but not easily repeatable.
Agreed, not a legal tactic for the faint of heart, but one of my Poriskyites did it. Arthur Doerksen sold a fake cancer cure called the Zapper. There are all kinds of You Tube videos of him flogging it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_d1yjaLy54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ1DsspW-RA

The Zapper was invented by Hulda Clark, a Canadian woman;
Hulda Regehr Clark (18 October 1928 in Rosthern, Saskatchewan – 3 September 2009 in Chula Vista, California)[1][2] was a Canadian naturopath, author, and practitioner of alternative medicine. Clark claimed all human disease was related to parasitic infection, and also claimed to be able to cure all diseases, including cancer and HIV/AIDS, by "zapping" them with electrical devices which she marketed.[3] Clark wrote several books describing her methods and operated clinics in the United States. Following a string of lawsuits and eventual action by the Federal Trade Commission, she relocated to Tijuana, Mexico where she ran the Century Nutrition clinic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulda_Regehr_Clark

Doerksen claimed that the Zapper had twice cured him of cancer. He imported components from the US, assembled them at home, and flogged them through internet videos. The Canadian government didn't go after him for practicing medicine without a license but instead charged him with tax evasion for employing Russell Porisky's Paradigm tax evasion scheme. I spent days, weeks, sitting through his trial at the Provincial Court of British Columbia to do a Quatloos report then, just as the trial was concluding, he died of cancer.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11112

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Following a string of lawsuits and eventual action by the Federal Trade Commission, she [Hulda Clark] relocated to Tijuana, Mexico where she ran the Century Nutrition clinic.
The ironic part is that Clark herself died from cancer as well, 7 years before Doerksen did. I wonder if he ever had second thoughts about the implications of that result.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

The Observer wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:37 pm
Following a string of lawsuits and eventual action by the Federal Trade Commission, she [Hulda Clark] relocated to Tijuana, Mexico where she ran the Century Nutrition clinic.
The ironic part is that Clark herself died from cancer as well, 7 years before Doerksen did. I wonder if he ever had seconds thoughts about the implications of that result.
True but I didn't bother to mention it because she lasted until 81 so she'd had a good run. Doerksen was 65 or 66 when he died.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dean's back on the job! And about to clean house!
Dean Kory
Yesterday at 6:47 AM ·

You all have not been seeing posts from me for over a year because I had made the choice to stay offline through the tent city job... I'll be starting my blog on the whole sorted affair soon in order to expose the corrupt and educate the blind public. I love and have missed you all. Time to do a li'l catchin up! ...and CLEAN HOUSE!
I assume he meant 'sordid affair'.

Dean essentially disappeared from Facebook for almost a year. His last posting before going dark was on March 21, 2019 where he just changed his profile picture. After that nothing until January 14th when he posted a photo of a page from an unidentified legal dictionary defining "person" without any accompanying explanation why he'd bothered. Then a two month gap until now. So it looks like he's back, invigorated, and about to do some ass-kicking!

except, except . . . . . . .

The "tent city job" which I assume refers to the Discontent City tent settlement in Nanaimo ended in December 2018, well over a year ago, so that's not an excuse. I've checked court records and he hasn't been in jail. I'm guessing he just couldn't afford to pay for a phone service provider. Or the last year has been so dismal for him that he didn't want to report on it. In any case I'm looking forward to his catch-up blog. So welcome back Dean! If you are, in fact, back.

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

It's hard to tell why the Kory brothers went incognito for pretty well a year. His brother has been active on facebook, going through four or so active accounts, looking rougher and rougher with each account. I have also noted that Darcy has been picked up for various minor charges in assorted areas such as Surrey, Maple Ridge, and Nanaimo. It seems that whenever Darcy was picked up there was some issue at a homeless camp, generally fomented by these guys:
http://www.stopdisplacement.ca
Deano and Darcy considered themselves big wheels in this group, Darcy doing the usual dumb stuff requiring muscle. However, all is not well in social activism for the homeless. The group got taken over by the real professional social activists, well funded, and is now:
https://www.redbraid.org
No more home for bit players like our Deano so it's back to facebook and his group of sycophants. With respect to the well funded part, we are starting to get away from Deano so I shall say no more except that they certainly don't have to worry about their legal fees.
notorial dissent

We know that Discontent City was gone in Dec 2018, and don't I remember a bit of jail time for the both of them in to 2019? They must have moved on to browner pastures from there. I would suspect their collective reputations would have proceeded them and if they didn't the residents of their next great stand soon found out and "asked" them to leave, or the police did. Deano is such a lovely charming fellow that I wouldn't be at all surprised if he got banned, if for nothing else than trying to tell them how to run their libraries, from all the local libraries and thus an internet connection.

I have to admit that I await with bated breath for his spin on his last two years of abject fail.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I hadn't thought to check up on Darcy. He's had a Face Book page for years but very rarely posted on it. So I checked his expanding FB universe. He's certainly looking like he's suffered a lot of wear and tear in the last year or so. Living hard is finally catching up with him. The two brothers are getting on, they had their 52nd birthdays this month. Not old by my standards but they're living very stressful lives, all self-inflicted.

Dean obviously has no place in a well run protest organization, they wouldn't want anything to do with a ill-disciplined narcissist with serious anger-management problems. So eric might well be correct about the reason for his return to FB. He's been kicked out of the local big-time protest movement and has to settle for what he can get, his FB cheering section.

notorial dissent

I guess the rest of the world just isn't up to appreciating the magnificence and genius that is Deano. :snicker: