Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Moderator: Burnaby49

BoomerSooner17
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

I'm also inclined to believe that Dean is no longer with us. I just have trouble believing that he would have stayed silent through all of the pandemic, when there was so much that he could have complained about.

As for the cause of death, I think Covid is a strong possibility, considering that his health was probably already compromised from an unhealthy lifestyle, and I highly doubt he followed social distancing or masking guidelines. And he was supposedly "disabled", but that might just have been an allergy to working.

I think it's at least equally plausible that he expired from carbon monoxide poisoning from a camp stove and he's lying in a tent or abandoned trailer somewhere. :shrug:

Apologies for being so dark. He is/was a fellow human being.
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Without going to the local registry, paying them some cash to do a search, there is no easy way to determine if he is still in the land of the living. That being said, since I'm busy doing that sort of stuff right now, I did a little digging on the assumption that he had died in BC. The most expensive option for whoever is handling his affairs is an obituary - none for Deano anywhere in Canada. Now some possible legal requirements especially if he died intestate, the notice to creditors. Nothing in his local newspaper or the alternate online database. Back to square one with no knowledge of his body temperature.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'm assuming that if Dean has died he's just another unidentified body, no shortage of those in British Columbia. If he'd been ID'd someone in the family would probably have been notified but, as of last October, his son was still looking for him. One problem with that assumption is that Dean has been arrested and jailed numerous times since he came to B.C. so his fingerprints would be on file.

All that's certain is that two years ago he was back and ready to "CLEAN HOUSE!" then he suddenly disappeared. Those two years include the entire span of covid, an obvious danger to someone like Dean, living rough and probably an anti-vaccer. The anti-vaccination protest movement would have been a natural fit for Dean, a confrontational anti-authority fanatic but, again, nothing but silence from Dean.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

A search of death certificate records might reveal if the victim above was Dean. Of course, I have no idea if Canada has limited access for the public to such records.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

The Observer wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:29 pm Of course, I have no idea if Canada has limited access for the public to such records.
Bluntly yes. Although the rules vary slightly depending on province, access to provincial vital statistics is on a need to know basis for a period of some years. Here in Alberta it's fifty years, going from memory in BC where Deano may have died it's thirty years.
Sooke37
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Sooke37 »

Death certificates open to the public after 20 years in BC. Anyone can request one at any time if deemed appropriate like a physician or for legal proceedings but some information like the date of death would be pertinent.

Sure, the assault and death in Victoria is a fair guess, but it’s probably as likely he overdosed on Fentanyl and his dumpster got picked up for landfill or he’s been swept out with the tide and one day all he’ll amount to is just another random foot that washes up on the beach some where. :beatinghorse:
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

You should have explained the local scene in a bit more detail. The average reader might not know about our cherished British Columbia tradition of scavenging beaches looking for decaying feet in running shoes.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... 8dc4a553d
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Sounds like Western Cabal work to me.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Burnaby49 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:13 am You should have explained the local scene in a bit more detail. The average reader might not know about our cherished British Columbia tradition of scavenging beaches looking for decaying feet in running shoes.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... 8dc4a553d
From that article:
Laura Yazedjian, a coroner with the service who specializes in identifying remains, is hopeful clues will emerge that will solve the last case.

"You really just never know what it is that's going to jog someone's memory and help solve these cases," she said.
Gotta love a pathologist's sense of humor.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Just an update on our severed feet story;

https://www.cracked.com/article_35067_w ... anada.html

Dean of course is still MIA. While unlikely I suppose it is possible that the only remaining unidentified foot, a single one out of multitudes, is his.

Sooke37
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Sooke37 »

The shoe theory does have some merit. The washed up shoes are trash, like Dean, so that works. It would be too obvious to hope for an oversized red clown shoe, but that would be fitting for him. More likely he'd have been wearing a pair of Sketchers he stole off a disabled person at the time of his demise. Could be his shoe is yet to be discovered

But, still, Dean silence. No mention of Dean on his son's social media even though he reported wanting to reach out to Dean with no success in Oct 2021. Dean surely would be showing up to steal or beg from any family members if he had the chance.

We have Romana Didulo is getting media attention from Vice, and you'd imagine Dean couldn't keep his mouth shut while some other whack job got a cult off the ground. With his anti-authoritanian stance, he'd probably want to revolt against the revolting queen thereby aligning himself with Ontario police.

Still, until there is evidence to the contrary, will stick with the idea that Dean R. Kory, former groomer, petty criminal, beneficiary of nothing and sovereign of BC's decommissioned porta-potties is dead. Any combination of fentanyl, covid, stabbing, hypothermia, carbon monoxide poisoning and a rising tide or dumpster are likely explanations. Adios, Deano, hope the afterlife gives you all you deserve.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Wow. Impressively articulate and nuanced GFY.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'd say as fitting an obituary as Dean deserves. I've also concluded that Dean is no longer with us, a presumption he can puncture any time just by posting on his FB account. I check every month or so.

Northwest
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by Northwest »

I refuse to believe this until there is proof.
BoomerSooner17 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:26 am I'm also inclined to believe that Dean is no longer with us. I just have trouble believing that he would have stayed silent through all of the pandemic, when there was so much that he could have complained about.

As for the cause of death, I think Covid is a strong possibility, considering that his health was probably already compromised from an unhealthy lifestyle, and I highly doubt he followed social distancing or masking guidelines. And he was supposedly "disabled", but that might just have been an allergy to working.

I think it's at least equally plausible that he expired from carbon monoxide poisoning from a camp stove and he's lying in a tent or abandoned trailer somewhere. :shrug:

Apologies for being so dark. He is/was a fellow human being.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Is that you Dean? are you still with us?

Just this afternoon I checked Dean's Facebook page and the latest entry is still March 15, 2020. If you aren't Dean and are just a concerned friend or follower you can take heart that, as you must have noted from our comments, we have no evidence of any kind of his possible demise except for his absence from FB and other social media for the last two and a half years. An absence notable for it's suddenness, without any warning or goodbyes, a very uncharacteristic duration. Very unlike Dean to be silent for so long but admittedly not impossible. So maybe he still is out there, incognito, surreptitiously gathering evidence to bring down the whole corrupt power structure that pretends to govern him. If so I wish him the best of luck and hope for his eventual return. I found his saga vastly entertaining.

Sooke37
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Sooke37 »

Unless there is a criminal database of toe prints, the world can only speculate as to whether the next New Balance that washes ashore can be attributed to Dean stealing them off a disabled person before his body washed out to sea.

However, the silence through Covid, the Karen Konvoy and one of his offspring seeking him out combined with no apparent documentation supporting the incarceration theory all strongly point to dead until proven otherwise.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

That, unfortunately, is my position too. He completely stopped posting on social media right at the beginning of the pandemic. The covid period should have been a sovereign paradise for Dean given the government's mandatory lockdown requirements, the vaccine conspiracies, the truckers protest and all the other unique issues that would have enraged an anti-government fanatic like Dean. I expected him to be ranting and raving through the entire last two years or so. Instead, total silence when he was finally right in his natural environment.

A friend of mine, about Dean's age and in good health, was hit by covid at almost exactly the same time, he barely survived and that only because of immediate medical intervention. He went to emergency as soon as he felt slightly ill and was critical by the time he got there. He was put on a ventilator within two hours and was on it for a week. The early variant was very dangerous and could hit people very hard and fast before they realized it. If Dean picked it up he may not have gone for medical advice and, like my friend, been overwhelmed very quickly. However, since I can't prove a negative apparently the only way we'll know he's alive is if he starts ranting on Face Book again or one of his family, say Darcy, confirms he has died.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Yet another sad anniversary to note. Today makes it three years since Dean Kory last posted on Face Book. He ended with this optimistic, forward-looking posting;
Dean Kory
March 15, 2020
You all have not been seeing posts from me for over a year because I had made the choice to stay offline through the tent city job... I'll be starting my blog on the whole sorted affair soon in order to expose the corrupt and educate the blind public. I love and have missed you all. Time to do a li'l catchin up! ...and CLEAN HOUSE!
Then total silence. We’ve speculated that it was no coincidence that his last post was made just as the covid pandemic struck here in western Canada. We assumed, for want of a better explanation, that Dean, living rough and not ageing gracefully (he was 52 in March 2020), succumbed to the virus. Post March 15, 2020 I couldn't find any trace of him on any social media and even Dean’s son searched in vain for any information on him. If he wasn't an early covid victim his anger issues could easily have resulted in a knifing in a back alley of his last known location, Victoria, British Columbia and he could have ended up as yet another unidentified body.

He was, at best, a very minor figure in the pantheon of Canadian sovereigns. He had no overall coherent philosophy or belief system. His only consistent positions were an overwhelming sense of grievance against anyone in authority and a massive sense of self-entitlement. He had the usual sovereign hypocrisy of raging against the government but demanding, as a right, the welfare that the government provided him. During his three and a half year sojourn on Vancouver Island between October 2016 and March 2020 he must have stayed at a dozen different places and was thrown out of all of them because of confrontations with landlords or management. As a result of his endless, pointless confrontations with virtually everyone he came into contact with he ended up in jail, or on trial, more often than any other sovereign I’ve reported on. In the end he was no more than a very minor figure with entirely self-inflicted problems. Being an asshole I enjoyed reading about, and reporting on, his futile struggles and I miss his Face Book saga of his struggles to destroy the whole rotten system that oppressed him.

But enough negativity! If you’re still alive Dean, happy birthday! March 10th was his 55th birthday so I’ll end this posting with the comment I made on his 50th birthday. Assuming he’s still with us it’s as appropriate now as it was then, apart from point 5;
Dean had his 50th birthday last month. So let's review where the first five decades of his life have gotten him and how he's facing his next decade;

1 - Criminal record
2 – Divorced
2 - Constant hostile interactions with the RCMP and the courts
3 - Dead broke
4 - Unemployed and probably unemployable
5 - Squatting in a tent in a garbage dump

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Burnaby49 wrote: He had the usual sovereign hypocrisy of raging against the government but demanding, as a right, the welfare that the government provided him.
Guess he and the Paraclete should have teamed up.

Looking at the 5 decades of Dean, I want to categorize his behavior as being one linked to oppositional-defiant disorder.

Of course, like most amateur psychologists, my diagnosis is most likely off. I note that OPDs aren't know for being violent or outwardly aggressive, and I think Dean responded to situations where he was confrontational and aggressive - that is why he ended up in jail. But the other traits seem to line up with what you have noted in your previous posts.

If this is correct, then Dean may have had benefited from early intervention in childhood with therapy that would have given him some coping skills. That at least might have helped keeping him employed and not expecting government largesse to get him through life. But who knows what was happening at home during that critical time.

Sooke37
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Sooke37 »

Dead Dean’s social media following has clearly also forgotten about him with only perfunctory birthday salutations appearing on his page.

As for mini Dean, well, he’d probably be more a conduct disorder type with his continuous failed attempts to control others and violent outbursts. Whatever the case, he’s just a shoe.