Extremist Land Grab: Sovereign Citizen Declares Ownership of Bishop Castle

Read more at http://politichicks.com/2015/05/extremi ... op-castle/
Demo.
Fmotlgroupie
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: DMVP in the news

Post by Fmotlgroupie »

An appropriately bizarre story. Spectacular building though.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

The article mentions that his mother, Lucy, was the inspiration for the "Peanuts" comic strip character, Lucy Van Pelt. Does that make DMVP Linus?

He really is a despicable excuse for a human being.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

http://gazette.com/colorado-springs-wom ... le/1549967 and She passed away April 20th 2015.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

noblepa wrote:The article mentions that his mother, Lucy, was the inspiration for the "Peanuts" comic strip character, Lucy Van Pelt. Does that make DMVP Linus?

Charles Shultz was a neighbor or family friend IIRC.
Having seen his postings on here and elsewhere, I think DMVP has mental health issues rather than him being despicable.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

My main comment when I saw this earlier was that Merrill has now moved in to a whole new fantasy realm of fraud.

Jim Bishop is at least as out there as Merrill is, but neither he nor his family deserve this.

From reading the article, and knowing further background on the subject, it would appear that this is another case of Merrill practicing law without a license and Bishop et all are the ultimate victims of it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Having seen his postings on here and elsewhere, I think DMVP has mental health issues rather than him being despicable.
Agreed. Of course, it is not clear how much difference that makes to the people silly or desperate enough to listen to him.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

wserra wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:Having seen his postings on here and elsewhere, I think DMVP has mental health issues rather than him being despicable.
Agreed. Of course, it is not clear how much difference that makes to the people silly or desperate enough to listen to him.
It doesn't, mostly because they are mostly "birds of a feather" -- although the Saving to Suitors site seems to be morphing into a religion blog, these days.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

wserra wrote:Agreed. Of course, it is not clear how much difference that makes to the people silly or desperate enough to listen to him.
I doubt that it matters or that they even notice since most of them are living in altered realities of their own, they just don't realize how really altered his is, and since he is telling them things they want to hear they tend to disregard all the rest.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:
I have just not ever been able to get on the "David is mentally ill" bandwagon. I think the subject at hand is indicative that David's problems are not mental but moral. At most, you can put him down as being extremely narcissistic and using and exploiting people. Some might see him as being a sociopath but I would think that would be pushing it. I think that David at some point in life decided that he was too important to work, to important to be a member of society and too important to obey laws. So he adopted a lifestyle where he would just prey on people.

And it seems now he has found a way to profit by taking advantage of others when they are in need - even if they are or were his disciples. If that doesn't meet the definition of despicable, then I don't know what does.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra

Post by wserra »

He was found incompetent to stand trial. True, he refused to cooperate, but they are (or should be) used to that. Findings of incompetence are infrequent.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:He was found incompetent to stand trial. True, he refused to cooperate, but they are (or should be) used to that. Findings of incompetence are infrequent.
And psychologists and psychiatrists are infrequently fooled, deceived, or manipulated by the patient. Again, they should be used to that behavior happening, but it can happen. As much as we would like to think that human psychology is an absolute science, it isn't. There is too much room for varied opinion of what constitutes incompetence from one school or expert to the next.

David dishing out his word salad may strike one person as being a sign of incompetence, another more familiar with his behaviors might see it as defiance, stubbornness and refusal to submit to authority. I don't think David has any problem understanding what he would be facing in a courtroom. I think he would react in his typical manner to delay, stall and frustrate the proceedings as he has did this last time. He has been in court before and sentenced and served time. I have no doubt that David would love to embrace an incompetence ruling every chance he got in order to avoid a repeat what happened to him in Montana when he was passing phony documents to the Freemen there.

Strange that David would be seen as competent enough to live on his own, travel on his own, move every day through society on his own, make decisions about his life on his own and possibly inherit and/or own property of his own. Yet the minute he gets into court, he is seen as being unable to comprehend or understand what he would be facing. I sometimes wonder if the urge to see David as mentally ill is because we really don't want to think that he could possibly be that evil and manipulative. If so, then I regret that his mother did not press charges. It might have revealed a side of David that we have not seen before.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

The Observer wrote: I have just not ever been able to get on the "David is mentally ill" bandwagon. I think the subject at hand is indicative that David's problems are not mental but moral. At most, you can put him down as being extremely narcissistic and using and exploiting people. Some might see him as being a sociopath but I would think that would be pushing it. I think that David at some point in life decided that he was too important to work, to important to be a member of society and too important to obey laws. So he adopted a lifestyle where he would just prey on people.
I would agree to a point, except that extreme narcissism can be a mental defect in of itself. Whether or not he believes himself omnipotent and all knowing can be from either mental illness or a just incredibly warped sense of self. Either way his behavior is inexcusable. And, like someone once said, "I may be retarded, but I'm not THAT retarded". If his faculties are indeed intact at some point he would indeed see that what he is doing is not in any way productive and very harmful to himself, even if he doesn't recognize the harm to others.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

When he was still David Van Pelt, he seemed to have been a fairly normal person. He graduated college with above-average grades, found a job, married, and had a daughter.

Then, for some reason, he suffered a major break from reality.

In short time, he was unemployed, no longer married, and totally out of contact with our brand of reality.

He rapidly morphed into the David Merrill we now know.

Freeman antics, bogus bills of exchange, losing a car and motorbike for failing to register them, lawsuits (one of which was dismissed for "having too much space between the covers"), inventing cures for SARS and avian flu based on acoustic harmonics generator, paying off the national debt via a gibberish document, passing in and out of the Colorado jails, and issuing a multi-million dollar judgement against Colorado for imaginary reasons.

This sudden transition is not the mark of a sane person. It has never been clear what triggered the Van Pelt -- Merrill transition. However, it has all the hallmarks of some form of late-onset mental illness.

He isn't stupid and he isn't crazy despite a significant track record of stupid and crazy actions.

He has created his own reality -- Planet Merrill -- and lives therein as the olny wazy he can cope.

He is sick.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Don't forget David's $20 million lien (against the State of Colorado, IIRC). He still acts as if it's money in the bank to him.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

Merrill has a number of delusions, the lien being just the flashier of them, and the one that could still put him in jail.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

noblepa wrote:The article mentions that his mother, Lucy, was the inspiration for the "Peanuts" comic strip character, Lucy Van Pelt. Does that make DMVP Linus?

That information is *so* five years ago...

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5240&p=85102
Demo.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:Extremist Land Grab: Sovereign Citizen Declares Ownership of Bishop Castle

Based on the title, I was expecting some kind of bogus lien filing kind of scam, but it looks like these people were stupid enough to sign papers prepared by DMVP.

Yes, they were under stress due to the husband's illness, but still, signing papers from someone who is certifiably (and certified) incompetent? This was self-inflicted, and it's difficult to have a lot of sympathy.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Just a reminder to all:

David is banned here.

So, no cheap shots or insults to someone who is blocked from defending himself.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

LPC wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Extremist Land Grab: Sovereign Citizen Declares Ownership of Bishop Castle

Based on the title, I was expecting some kind of bogus lien filing kind of scam, but it looks like these people were stupid enough to sign papers prepared by DMVP.

Yes, they were under stress due to the husband's illness, but still, signing papers from someone who is certifiably (and certified) incompetent? This was self-inflicted, and it's difficult to have a lot of sympathy.
Absolutely agree. But the real question for me is, is this gonna stick? Is he finally going to get a sizable payout in something of real monetary and even historical value from his gibberish filings?

If this stands it'll get him into the SOvCit Hall of Fame, and one of the few people so enshrined to be able to claim an actual legal win.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.