Oregon Malheur Trial

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Oregon Malheur Trial

Post by The Observer »

A footnote to the trial:

A lawsuit filed by Jeanette Finicum claiming that authorities had unlawfully killed her husband, Robert Finicum, was tossed in federal district court, thus removing all of the federal employees and other state and locak agencies that were named as defendants. Apparently Oregon's Department of Justice failed to justify why Governor Brown of Oregon should be removed as a defendant, so they are going to have submit a separate brief to accomplish this.

The link above summarizes the justification for the shooting of Finicum:
Video taken by an FBI surveillance aircraft showed Finicum fleeing a traffic stop at more than 70 miles per hour before coming to a police roadblock and smashing into a snowbank. Video taken by a passenger inside the vehicle, as well as footage from the surveillance aircraft, show Finicum exit his pickup with his arms raised. Several times he told police. “you’re going to have to shoot me.” Investigators said Finicum had a loaded 9mm handgun in the left inside pocket of his jacket that he reached for three times before being shot by OSP troopers.
And the federal district judge, Michael Mosman, agreed:
“In any event, the facts underlying this action occurred more than five years ago, this case itself is over three years old, and Plaintiffs have already filed three complaints,” Mosman wrote in dismissing the claims against the United States. “After all this time, Plaintiffs have yet to identify any facts or theories that, properly pled, would support a finding that any negligence or wrongdoing on behalf of the United States was not grounded in policy judgments.”
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: Oregon Malheur Trial

Post by JamesVincent »

At the time Finicum was shot you could tell who was a sovereign on Facebook. Every single one who was involved with that particular group changed their profile pic to one of Finicum's brand. It was also used to sell merchandise and several people had tattoos done of it.

Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"