Harvey Dent and the Intellectual Freedom Movement

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Harvey Dent and the Intellectual Freedom Movement

Post by notorial dissent »

RSVPini wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:42 am You're right, of course. I've even seen one or two of his videos where he is smoking pot. What I was attempting to say is that Harvey must smoke very large amounts of pot. He sounds and looks as though he is perpetually stoned. If he stopped smoking for a while, he might not even believe some of the paranoid ideas he talks about in his own videos.
I think that goes with out saying as well, I think he is perpetually stoned, on top of being really really stupid as well. Stopping smoking might do something about the paranoia but the rest I think is original to the model.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by TheNewSaint »

GlimDropper wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 3:16 pm There's a rumor circulating that Harvey and Ernie-Wayne: ter Telgte are both the same person, or at least the same straw man. You just read it on the internet so it must be true.
I don't even know where to begin with that. Ernie and Harvey are different in almost every possible way. They're both sovereign idiots, but different types with different pet causes and ways of speaking. There is extensive video of both. It's bad enough that anyone thinks these losers are worth a conspiracy theory, but then to come up with one in such opposition to the facts on the ground... like i said, i don't even know where to begin.
nancydrew
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by nancydrew »

https://youtu.be/jUbGCqe0bR8

Falling deeper into crazy!
Resume
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Resume »

Praeterea Preterea . . . Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Latest ravings of a lunatic.

Why The Feds Can't Touch Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP719Y3cbaQ

The TL;DR

Harvey can't be prosecuted "because there is no victim." His whole crusade has been simply about "verifying the account's existence." He's not after the money but he is prepared to die for the truth. So that's something, I guess.

I suspect he is right about the Feds not caring about his cumulative failures. However, claiming he is making more than $110k cash in hand per year (regardless of the truth in that statement) whilst bragging about evading tax in the same video is perhaps not the smartest of moves.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
notorial dissent

I don't think there is really any question that Harvey hasn't broken the law a few times along the way, but no more effectively than he has done at any time previously. Harvey is nothing if not a consistent failure.

If there are any changes to be filed, it is more likely they would be state charges and then only if someone files a complaint, he really isn't a very competent criminal. He's not even really good at breaking State laws.

The fantasy that he's taking in $110K is just too over the top. Near as can figure he is barely living hand to mouth.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:57 am Harvey can't be prosecuted "because there is no victim."
I've always wanted to wave a gun in such people's faces, i.e. exercising my 2nd amendment rights, and remove their worthless fiat currency from their person. No victim, no crime?
AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:57 am However, claiming he is making more than $110k cash in hand per year (regardless of the truth in that statement) whilst bragging about evading tax in the same video is perhaps not the smartest of moves.
He's probably not even making a tenth of that. He's one level above a bucket and sponge car washer.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I dunno. I would believe the $110K figure is an exaggeration, but not too far beyond plausible. He's doing valet washing at Facebook, a place where there are plenty of people with more money than they know what to do with, I'm betting more than a few of whom are overly generous. So, assume $100 a car as the fee, (and the people who use this service at some places "subscribe" where their car is washed every week, or two) Harvey might be getting half of that, and making $300 in tips for 5-6 cars is absolutely reasonable. So, $600 a day, $3,000 a week is $150K. Even if that's double what he makes, he's still pulling $75K and a good bit of it tax free. I know in Marin County that's barely above poverty level, but it ain't so bad. The real bummer about it would be he's spending a lot of it with the high fees and inconvenience of not having access to the banking system.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
RSVPini
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by RSVPini »

Unless Harvey has moved again, I doubt he is still doing Facebook car washes. Last I heard his current hiding place is in Butte county, which is around 200 miles from the Facebook campus. It doesn't seem like he'd have time to make so many YouTube videos and play in his garden if he is commuting. But who really knows what he is up to....?
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I wonder if it would be possible to create a plausible story that DC is suing Dent for being such an incompetent villain that he's weakening their brand.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
nancydrew
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by nancydrew »

HD’s video today was really quite interesting! He talked about trying to borrow $25.00 from each of his siblings, who not only didn’t lend him the $ but told him to get a job! Then he explained how he was making over 100,000 at some job but it ticked him off that the evil government took $30,000 out for taxes. Isn’t 70,000 better than nothing at all? He shared his contract didn’t get renewed and he was living on unemployment till that ran out, then he got evicted. (The TDA thing didn’t work out so well for him.)

He doesn’t want donations, but please buy a T-short from him! He talked about needing a car. Hmmmm maybe the bank finally located him and repossessed his wheels. Or it just broke down. HD does not strike me as the type of guy that does regular car maintenance like oil changes.

El zippo talk about the car wash business, but if he doesn’t have wheels I imagine clients are not going to bring their cars to him. hey I guess he’s waiting for his “crop” to come in and he’ll start his own little road side stand. HD is his own worst enemy.
notorial dissent

nancydrew wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:54 am HD’s video today was really quite interesting! He talked about trying to borrow $25.00 from each of his siblings, who not only didn’t lend him the $ but told him to get a job! Then he explained how he was making over 100,000 at some job but it ticked him off that the evil government took $30,000 out for taxes. Isn’t 70,000 better than nothing at all? He shared his contract didn’t get renewed and he was living on unemployment till that ran out, then he got evicted. (The TDA thing didn’t work out so well for him.)

He doesn’t want donations, but please buy a T-short from him! He talked about needing a car. Hmmmm maybe the bank finally located him and repossessed his wheels. Or it just broke down. HD does not strike me as the type of guy that does regular car maintenance like oil changes.

El zippo talk about the car wash business, but if he doesn’t have wheels I imagine clients are not going to bring their cars to him. hey I guess he’s waiting for his “crop” to come in and he’ll start his own little road side stand. HD is his own worst enemy.
And it would seem a compulsive liar.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

HD is his own worst enemy.
Amen to that. I had hopes for him having more serious enemies at first but he seems to have fizzled out pretty much now. I did see his report of appearing in a traffic court recently, was there any follow up about his undoubted success with that, or did modesty forbid him sharing how he beat the rap?
notorial dissent

Harvey is pretty much a non-entity, a legend ONLY in his own mind. Harvey had his VERY brief moment of fame and isn't even remotely bright enough to realize it has passed, or that even at that it didn't amount to anything. He's not even really a footnote when it comes right down to it. A year from now no one will even remember who he was. If he's really really lucky he won't be in jail in a year, but then Harvey's not really really lucky, so he may very well be in jail by then.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

notorial dissent wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:08 pm Harvey is pretty much a non-entity, a legend ONLY in his own mind. Harvey had his VERY brief moment of fame and isn't even remotely bright enough to realize it has passed, or that even at that it didn't amount to anything. He's not even really a footnote when it comes right down to it. A year from now no one will even remember who he was. If he's really really lucky he won't be in jail in a year, but then Harvey's not really really lucky, so he may very well be in jail by then.
The real kicker must have been to be named in a court case (HATJ & RKB) and deemed to be not worthy of inclusion. The "You must be crazy to think Harvey Dent is credible" implication must have stung!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Blackbeard
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Blackbeard »

nancydrew wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:54 am HD does not strike me as the type of guy that does regular car maintenance like oil changes.
Only commercial engines need oil changes.
And ye shall know the idiots by their red-stained thumbs.
nancydrew
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by nancydrew »

Blackbeard wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:03 pm
nancydrew wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:54 am HD does not strike me as the type of guy that does regular car maintenance like oil changes.
Only commercial engines need oil changes.
Lol! Oh I forgot about the “traveling” and his vessel. But as far as I know all the vessels we’ve owned needed regular oil changes too!
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

This is well off topic, and possibly out of date nowadays but a few years ago I noticed that the USA had a unique obsession with oil changes that seem to indicate that model T technology was still all the rage with engine manufacturers. Despite constant advances in engine manufacture standards (remember 'running in', anybody, that period when you ground all the oddly sized engine parts into as near as they were going to get to smooth operation), small er tolerances for parts and much improved synthetic oils with more precise and smaller viscosity ranges,. well, despite all sense you'd get people popping into Jiffylube every couple of thousand miles to change oil.

Really, it is only the commercials that need noticeable oil changes because they do huge miilages. Your auto, vessel or conveyance will be happy sticking to the maker's recommended intervals, and I assume Jiffylube and the like are out of business by now.

Driving or traveling, all I ever need dp for maintainance in a newish modern car is to top up the screenwash reservior when needed. An annual service takes care of any small things that need attention.

Happy days! I was driving cars in the 60's and by modern standards they were rubbish.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Driving or traveling, all I ever need dp for maintainance in a newish modern car is to top up the screenwash reservior when needed. An annual service takes care of any small things that need attention.
As little as I know about cars (next to nothing) that fits my experience exactly. We bought a Toyota RAV4 ten years ago and it's been entirely problem-free the entire time. Few recalls for whatever, tire replacement, other trivial issues, but that damn wiper fluid keeps running out!
Happy days! I was driving cars in the 60's and by modern standards they were rubbish.
We shared your experience because my mother, as a loyal ex-pat, kept buying British cars. All totally worthless garbage. Wiring by Lucas is still seared into my memory. We had one where the steering failed three times while driving it. For three different unrelated reasons. Once it jammed in a turn, twice it just decided to stop having anything to do with guiding the car. Another had a wheel snap off at the axle while I was driving it. This happened in Flagstaff Arizona. I just left it there and bussed back to Vancouver.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I once saw an MG sports convertible with a bumper sticker that said:

THE PARTS THAT FALL OFF THIS VEHICLE ARE OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY BRITISH MANUFACTURE
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4