Harvey Dent and the Intellectual Freedom Movement

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Harvey Dent and the Intellectual Freedom Movement

Post by Gregg »

One thing I know about front impact, if you get the front door open to get out and take pictures, its never lined up enough to easily get closed again. Seriously, go to any accident where the front end crash zone has collapsed, it crushes into the door seam and the structure is strong enough to preserve the door from collapsing into the passenger compartment, but the sheet metal from the front fenders always impinges into the sheet metal of the door skin so it will open, but it bends up the sheet metal even more, and makes it almost impossible to get the door closed enough to latch again. His passenger door is completely undamaged and the driver door is by all appearance closed securely and undamaged. The windshield is definitely intact and the airbags are not deployed. If he hit that tree, he backed into it.

Blow this pic up and look closely...

Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

I can't even see any air bag deployment. Agreeing with the parking up, in front of the downed tree. Perhaps dummy insurance claim anyway, and some gravy on the side.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:18 am Come on. Sharpen up! You missed the most obvious sign that this is pure scammery! :snicker:
My car is totalled, there is no way the insurance will pay to fix it;
Harvey Dent admitting he has insurance :haha: :haha: :haha:
:haha:
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

I actually don't believe it's his car. didn't he allegedly buy a gray car not long ago?
RSVPini
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by RSVPini »

I don't understand why Harvey doesn't use his secret TDA account to buy a new car or attempt A4V again. (I can no longer find that A4V video - a classic Dent production where the cops are called and remove him from the car dealership)
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

RSVPini wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:00 am I don't understand why Harvey doesn't use his secret TDA account to buy a new car or attempt A4V again. (I can no longer find that A4V video - a classic Dent production where the cops are called and remove him from the car dealership)
Yes, that didn't quite work they way he thinks it should, did it?
Who bought the Tesla online the same way and claimed that it worked because Tesla's website accepted her payment?
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

It sounds like Harvey has pretty well retconned most of his past failures successes and is going for a new reality, at least until utubey and all catch up with him again.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Chaos wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:30 pm
AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:18 am Come on. Sharpen up! You missed the most obvious sign that this is pure scammery! :snicker:
My car is totalled, there is no way the insurance will pay to fix it;
Harvey Dent admitting he has insurance :haha: :haha: :haha:
:haha:
And in the ever growing list of "now that I think about it" questions, why is there no way the insurance will pay to fix it? Does he have the kind of insurance where they only pay for trees you hit on purpose? Seriously, I don't know why he ponies up for a policy but I do it so in the unfortunate circumstance I hit a tree I didn't mean to hit, I only have to pay the first $1000 and the other $30K or so is their problem.

Your insurance won't pay if you blow up the engine or burn up the transmission. It won't pay if you decide to change the color and then decide a few pieces of sandpaper in that it wasn't your most brilliant idea. But hitting a tree, even and especially if its due to your own dumb decisions, they cover. Even if you hit the tree because you just had to answer that text message (one of my pet peeves, don't do that) or you couldn't wait 5 minutes to say how much you love Kourtney's new dress that is two sizes to small and why the hell are these people even famous? They got it.

What they don't cover is when you see a tree down, strop well short of hitting it but it is blocking the road and you get this idea that you can scam the ''family'' into that fancy new car the mean old Federal Reserve Bank wouldn't let you have for free. Nope, you have to scam the suckers for stuff like that.

And dammit, the car in that picture isn't totalled, its not even damaged that I can see. How many time do you suppose someone has totalled a car in a front end collision without breaking any light bulbs? Or the windshield, or deploying the air bags? Or bending any sheet metal?

Okay, I have to stop, before I get annoyed.

ETA
you know that I seldom ask for help, just because there's nothing worse than someone with their hand out all of the time like they are owed it.
A million irony meters all exploded at once just as he finished typing that bit....
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

FFS someone gave this phuckstick $1,000 for that sorry excuse for a story. How many hungry people can you feed for $1,000? Civilization is doomed.
RSVPini
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by RSVPini »

I wouldn't be surprised if he donated it to himself.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I'd come closer to believing that.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

RSVPini wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:55 am I wouldn't be surprised if he donated it to himself.
I've watched numerous GoFundMe begging accounts where people have inexplicably donated to worthless deadbeats and I've come to the conclusion that at least the early, if not all, of the purported donations are the deadbeat just trying to get some momentum going.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Do you not have third party only insurance in the US?

This would explain the insurance not paying, only damage to other people's property is covered so you are legal to drive but whatever happens to your own car is not covered. This is notably cheaper than fully comprehensive insurance.

Not that I don't agree with the comments about no damage and 'scam'.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:05 am Do you not have third party only insurance in the US?
I think it depends on the state. I remember an episode of Judge Judy where she was incredulous that the defendant had no insurance and the plaintiff agreed that he didn't have to. And that state m'lud was New Hampshire. They do things funny up there!

However, my comment was mostly about pointing out a person who tells his followers that that don't need a driving licence or tags telling his followers that an insurance company would not pay out :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:20 amin the unfortunate circumstance I hit a tree I didn't mean to hit, I only have to pay the first $1000 and the other $30K or so is their problem.
That's because you have collision/comprehensive coverage in addition to the required liability policy. Plenty of people don't. Forgoing it even makes sense with older, low-value cars.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
TBL

Post by TBL »

As far as I know, someone in the US is considered insured if they have liability insurance. It covers property you damage at fault but a tree falling in your path would be comprehensive which is part of full coverage. You have to opt-in for comprehensive or collision (coverage of your car hitting another car).
alexhammer
First Mate
First Mate

Post by alexhammer »

Harvey supposedly lives in California, where automobile insurance is mandatory.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

wserra wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:22 pm
Gregg wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:20 amin the unfortunate circumstance I hit a tree I didn't mean to hit, I only have to pay the first $1000 and the other $30K or so is their problem.
That's because you have collision/comprehensive coverage in addition to the required liability policy. Plenty of people don't. Forgoing it even makes sense with older, low-value cars.
I thought about that, but if you finance a car, which for him would seem likely, they require you to carry collision/comprehensive coverage. I guess if it was an older car and he didn't have a loan, but then why bring it up at all? The way he said his insurance wouldn't cover it implied to me that he did have insurance that would have covered it, if, I dunno, I guess if he had meant to hit the tree.

But yes, I know the difference.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

TBL wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:27 pm As far as I know, someone in the US is considered insured if they have liability insurance. It covers property you damage at fault but a tree falling in your path would be comprehensive which is part of full coverage. You have to opt-in for comprehensive or collision (coverage of your car hitting another car).
In the US, your car hitting anything is considered collision insurance, comprehensive covers it if the tree falls on the car while its parked, or if the car and or contents are stolen or damaged while not being driven.
Also, for reasons not entirely clear to me, if your glass is damaged, for whatever reason and whether moving or parked, its covered by the comprehensive and usually is exempt from the deductible you pay for all other claims before coverage kicks in. As I said, I carry a $1,000 deductible, which is cheaper and the first $1,000 is an expense I don't mind paying for the discount you get for the higher out of pocket. But I once had a little chip in a windshield that I didn't want to bother to fix and one day it cracked all the way around it in several directions which was another thing altogether. SO I took it to be fixed and figured I was out the $1,000 but found out that Insurance companies pay for glass 100%, which was a nice surprise.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:36 pm
Siegfried Shrink wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:05 am Do you not have third party only insurance in the US?
I think it depends on the state. I remember an episode of Judge Judy where she was incredulous that the defendant had no insurance and the plaintiff agreed that he didn't have to. And that state m'lud was New Hampshire. They do things funny up there!

However, my comment was mostly about pointing out a person who tells his followers that that don't need a driving licence or tags telling his followers that an insurance company would not pay out :snicker:
I'm pretty sure that New Hampshire is the only state that doesn't require proof of insurance to operate a car, but they do make you pay for whatever damage that you might cause and they're pretty insistent on it, you can end up in jail if you just blow off the damages and go on driving anyhow. Although you don't have to have insurance there, and you do have to have it anywhere else, more cars are insured in New Hampshire than in the rest of the US per ''carita' or cars registered. Might be a little wisdom in that.

And for the life of me I don't and never will understand ''uninsured motorist' coverage. I pay something for it every 6 months but I have never had anyone explain to me why. They say "it covers your medical costs if someone without insurance hits you" to which I reply "then why do I pay a premium for 'medical costs" and further, I have very good health insurance independent of my car insurance. Then they say, "it pays for the damage to your car is someone hits you that doesn't have insurance" and again, why do I pay for collision coverage? I guess if I didn't have collision and they didn't have liability, but no one has ever suggested that, I guess because it might encourage me to not pay for the collision coverage....anyhow, I pay for it, some states require it but not mine, and I don't know what it would cover for me anyhow.