Before her next hearing
2%
After her next hearing
5%
Before her trial
32%
Before her sentencing
44%
Never - she wants to experience BEing and DOing behind bars.
17%

Total votes: 41

TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: OPPT (One Person's Public Trial) - Tucci-Jarraf

Post by TheNewSaint »

Randy reminds me a bit of Michael Larson, of Press Your Luck fame. If you read his life story, he was obsessed with getting something for nothing, and entered into a number of schemes to that end. Even after he won $100,000 on the game show (in 1984 dollars), he had a bunch of it converted to $1 bills, to play a local radio contest where you had to match the serial number to win $100. His apartment was robbed, and most of his money taken; he immediately suspected his girlfriend, and died not long after.

Randy seems the same type, minus the ingenuity it took to detect the repeating pattern in the game board. He's impressionable, and has worked many sovcit theories in his life. I also think he's enjoying the attention of the mostly female i-uv.com klatch. At the end of the day, he wants something for nothing, and that leads to bad places.

I don't find Randy a sympathetic character, but that is subjective.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Not knowing the man from anything other than what we've read here but knowing something about incarceration from people who have been there and done that, what may be happening in Randy's case is an unwillingness to align with and subjugate himself to the leadership of one of the gangs.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

That may be, but he does get more than a little melodramatic about being locked up with people worthy of the "Group W Bench. He hasn't been convicted yet and I'm fairly certain that he's not allowed to be in the same place as people who have been. Maybe he is sharing cells with the most hardened murderers, but how many violent and dangerous people are awaiting trial in Federal Court in Knoxville at this time? The worst case for him is he's in pre-trial county lockup, some places have dedicated holding for Federal Prisoners and often they "rent" cells from local jails. The point is, his present accommodation is as good as he's going to see before his first free money from the government starts rolling in... Social Security checks at age 67.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Athis
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Athis »

Yes I expect Randy will be in prison for a long stay. He faces very serious charges and his Sov defense is a complete disaster that will make things worse for him.
At this time from what I hear of him Randy is too far gone into his New Age Sov delusions to be able to adjust himself either to the justice system or to the prison system; so I think it will be very hard on him. Which is why I am so angry with that woman BZ. She is a core propagator of the toxic New Age Sov philosophy and is feeding Randy delusion reinforcement in their talks rather than giving him sensible advice.
I believe there are special prisons for white collar offenders in the US (?).
I wonder will he end up in one of those; or will he be lumped in with common criminals.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Athis wrote:I believe there are special prisons for white collar offenders in the US (?).
I wonder will he end up in one of those; or will he be lumped in with common criminals.
If Randy ends up in Club Fed with the white collar criminals, he probably won't last long. I can see the "Satan's General Ledger" accountant gang beating the crap out of him for being unceasingly annoying, even though they're normally not prone to violence. Or maybe it's the "Variable Annuity Vandals" that slip him a shiv. After numerous beatings, they'll probably end up transferring him to ADMAX Florence with the Unabomber, various terrorists, etc. for his own protection.
waylonmercy
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by waylonmercy »

I do not believe Randy is being beat up in jail. We all have experience dealing with traumatized people. Does Randy sound traumatized on those calls? No. And where is BZ's expressions of horror and outrage upon learning of Randy's alleged abuse? I'm not buying the conversation between Randy and the two guys in Solitary either.
Lives are going to be in Waylon Mercy's hands.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

JohnPCapitalist wrote:If Randy ends up in Club Fed with the white collar criminals, he probably won't last long.
I suspect the real white collar criminals would find Randy amusing.

"Hi, I'm Randy. What are you in for?"

"Embezzling $64 billion in the largest Ponzi scheme in history. Also, i used to be a chairman of NASDAQ. How about you?"

"Worked at Kroger, tried to access my secret birth certificate to buy a $500,000 RV. A woman named Heather told me how to do it, after she foreclosed the USA with a UCC filing. Excuse me, i have to channel the power of my factualized trust now. (Ahem) I AM THE POWER OF I AM! I DO! I AM I! I BE! (fight starts)"
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Club Fed is a myth, there aren't any easy prisons with golf or tennis lessons. The Federal Prisons are better than most state prisons, but Randy might end up, because of how long he is sentenced, to Atlanta, a medium security prison and the closest to his address of record. A place with great Yelp reviews.... google it :violin:
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Gregg wrote:Club Fed is a myth

I thought it was just slang for a federal pen
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

If you've seen Wolf of Wall Street, club fed usually refers to a federal prison with tennis courts and spas, which as Gregg points out is apparently a product of Hollywood imagination.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Jeffrey wrote:If you've seen Wolf of Wall Street, club fed usually refers to a federal prison with tennis courts and spas, which as Gregg points out is apparently a product of Hollywood imagination.
There actually were a few federal prisons with at least tennis courts (Allenwood, PA; Lompoc, CA; and Eglin, FL), back in the 1970s and maybe into the early 80s but no later. Under the Reagan DOJ, federal minimum security prisons began to fill with fewer tax evasion and insider trading convicts and many more low-level drug mules, and the amenities were changed accordingly.

That having been said, federal prisons, and especially federal minimum security prisons, are even today on average far less violent and abusive than most state prisons. Still not a place you'd want to go, but a considerably higher circle of Hell.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
waylonmercy
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by waylonmercy »

I don't think someone facing a de facto life sentence would meet the criteria for incarceration in a federal minimum security facility. Any sentence over 25 years is going to get Randy locked up with the lifers.
Lives are going to be in Waylon Mercy's hands.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Dr. Caligari wrote:
There actually were a few federal prisons with at least tennis courts (Allenwood, PA; Lompoc, CA; and Eglin, FL), back in the 1970s and maybe into the early 80s but no later.
I've driven past Lompoc Penitentiary a few times. There's nothing clubby about it.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

waylonmercy wrote:I don't think someone facing a de facto life sentence would meet the criteria for incarceration in a federal minimum security facility. Any sentence over 25 years is going to get Randy locked up with the lifers.
I don't think he'll get that long, and I don't think it matters, Randy is more likely than not going to die in prison, from a combination of long sentence and the wrong personality type to live that long among prisoners.

We could have a betting pool on which prison, though for fun! :mrgreen:

I'm going with Atlanta, medium security (he''s going to get too long a ticket for minimum security), close to his home of record and an historical place with a reputation of not being much fun.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I don't know about that. Randy did commit some fairly serious wire fraud and money laundering, and USAA is out a good bit, so I suspect they will hit him as hard as they can. He also doesn't have anything to trade for a reduced sentence so he really is on his own. I also agree that prison won't be in the least fun for him, he seems to be the kind that just asks for/invites a beat down. Sucks to be Randy.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Predictably, Heather has rejected everything again:

http://i-uv.com/hatj-rkb-1-11-18-servic ... ed-copies/

Same deal as before: red thumbprints, handwritten rejection notices referencing her voided earlier filings, condescending tone. Not much new, though she's added "notice to principle is notice to agent."
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I can't see that working. The latest research indicates that there should be an owl feather attached to each page, to show that the authority of ancient Attic Greece is embodied in the documents, and there is clearly no powdered mandrake root border, to prevent the power escaping.
Further, there should be four triangular pages and one square one, which when assembled form a pyramid which is symbol of great power.

Anyone skilled in the Art will be amused by the lack of more Latin, since there was not enough previously. I suggest "Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse" whose superfical meaning of Carthage must be destroyed would in this case symbolically mean the foreclosed USA.

The grammatical analysis, impenetrabe to all but BAR members shows the great mystic power of the phrase!!!1
The phrase employs delenda, the feminine singular gerundive form of the verb dēlēre ("to destroy"). The gerundive (or future passive participle) delenda is a verbal adjective that may be translated as "to be destroyed". When combined with a form of the verb esse ("to be"), it adds an element of compulsion or necessity, yielding "is to be destroyed", or, as it is more commonly rendered, "must be destroyed". The gerundive delenda functions as a predicative adjective in this construction, which is known as the passive periphrastic.

The short form of the phrase, Carthago delenda est, is an independent clause. Consequently, the feminine singular subject noun Carthago appears in the nominative case. The verb est functions as a copula—linking the subject noun Carthago to the predicative verbal adjective delenda—and further imports a deontic modality to the clause as a whole. Because delenda is a predicative adjective in relation to the subject noun Carthago, it takes the same number (singular), gender (feminine) and case (nominative) as Carthago.

The fuller forms Ceterum censeo delendam esse Carthaginem and Ceterum autem censeo delendam esse Carthaginem use the so-called accusative and infinitive construction for the indirect statement. In each of these forms, the verb censeo ("I opine") sets up the indirect statement delendam esse Carthaginem ("[that] Carthage is to be destroyed"). Carthaginem, the subject of the indirect statement, is in the accusative case; while the verb esse is in its present infinitive form. Delendam is a predicate adjective in relation to the subject noun Carthaginem and thus takes the same number (singular); gender (feminine); and case (accusative) as Carthaginem.[

I can see this tying up the case for years.
Athis
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Athis »

TheNewSaint wrote:
JohnPCapitalist wrote:If Randy ends up in Club Fed with the white collar criminals, he probably won't last long.
I suspect the real white collar criminals would find Randy amusing.

"Hi, I'm Randy. What are you in for?"

"Embezzling $64 billion in the largest Ponzi scheme in history. Also, i used to be a chairman of NASDAQ. How about you?"

"Worked at Kroger, tried to access my secret birth certificate to buy a $500,000 RV. A woman named Heather told me how to do it, after she foreclosed the USA with a UCC filing. Excuse me, i have to channel the power of my factualized trust now. (Ahem) I AM THE POWER OF I AM! I DO! I AM I! I BE! (fight starts)"
lol!
What's crazy is that is probably literally true!
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:I can't see that working. The latest research indicates that there should be an owl feather attached to each page, to show that the authority of ancient Attic Greece is embodied in the documents, and there is clearly no powdered mandrake root border, to prevent the power escaping. Further, there should be four triangular pages and one square one, which when assembled form a pyramid which is symbol of great power.

Anyone skilled in the Art will be amused by the lack of more Latin, since there was not enough previously. I suggest "Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse" whose superfical meaning of Carthage must be destroyed would in this case symbolically mean the foreclosed USA.

The grammatical analysis, impenetrabe to all but BAR members shows the great mystic power of the phrase!!!1

I can see this tying up the case for years.
Well, that would be a welcome change from Heather's simply stamping "Rejected" on everything, which lost its entertainment value several iterations ago. We need more entertainment value in this trial, but hopefully not so much entertainment value that Heather either loses the ability to represent herself or that she gets a competency hearing.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

No owl feathers, then....... :-(