The Moorish Empire of Indian River County, FL

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

The Moorish Empire of Indian River County, FL

Post by ScottComstock »

I've been following this husband & wife's YouTube and federal court antics for a while, and I'm thinking that someone sold these people a "Moorish Empire" package, or something similar. As best as I can figure out, they lost their children to DCF at some point (for what, I don't know) and they've been going full-out "Moorish Empire" at anyone and everyone under the sun.

I admit, I kind of lost it laughing at this: "Have a nice day, DCF, thanks for making me super rich!"
Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Moorish Empire of Indian River County, FL

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Does no one ever point out to them that there is no Moorish Empire, that they are not Moors, and they are not indiginous peoples?
What a huge waste of everybodies time and effort for what is obviously a non starter of a case.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

The courts have repeatedly said, with great clarity, that (1) the "Moorish" nationality is not recognized by the US Dept of State (and therefore not recognized by the courts), (2) that even if there were a Moorish nationality (or it is assumed to be Moroccan), there is no exemption from the American laws requiring driver's licenses or payment of income tax, etc. (3) that a person born (and living virtually all his life) in the US cannot, at mere whim, exempt himself from various American law by denying his US citizenship, and (4) even persons who are foreign-born and are genuine foreign nationals sojourning in the US cannot violate US laws with impunity.

One or all of these have been said often enough in cases involving "Moors", "Murs", "Dominion of Mechezidek", "Little Shell Tribe", or "Martians" that there is no excuse for litigants to try to raise any of these claims again ... but they do.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

There was the guy who claimed to be 'Moomish'.

I reckon they should cut him some slack on the grounds of above average idiocy. Remember "You've broken my window -- again!"

On a more serious note, it is a sad hangover from the days of slavery that generations later people feel so ashamed of what happened to their ancestors, events for which they are in now way responsible, that they have to invent a ficticious history and origin story to pretend it all never happened. It is akin to the shame felt by some crime victims, an emotional reponse lacking all reason.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

ScottComstock wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:08 pm I've been following this husband & wife's YouTube and federal court antics for a while, and I'm thinking that someone sold these people a "Moorish Empire" package, or something similar. As best as I can figure out, they lost their children to DCF at some point (for what, I don't know) and they've been going full-out "Moorish Empire" at anyone and everyone under the sun.

I admit, I kind of lost it laughing at this: "Have a nice day, DCF, thanks for making me super rich!"
The best document in the RECAP files from these idiots is this one: https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 13.7.0.pdf

It's utterly unintelligible. Page 7 says that apparently NASA has been violating her civil rights by overflying her house. Or something. Lots of other whining about all sorts of wrong that everybody is doing to her. Just amazing how hard her life is and how the government apparently has so little to do that every government employee she comes in contact with goes out of their way to violate her civil rights, engage in medical malpractice, etc. etc. etc.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:41 pm There was the guy who claimed to be 'Moomish'.

I reckon they should cut him some slack on the grounds of above average idiocy. Remember "You've broken my window -- again!"

On a more serious note, it is a sad hangover from the days of slavery that generations later people feel so ashamed of what happened to their ancestors, events for which they are in now way responsible, that they have to invent a ficticious history and origin story to pretend it all never happened. It is akin to the shame felt by some crime victims, an emotional reponse lacking all reason.
If I remember correctly, Arthur Schlesinger once wrote a book in which, among other things, he described what I think he called "history as therapy". If you belong to a people or ethnicity which has a depressing or shameful past, you come up with a "history" linking your people to some grand empire of the past; and you can begin a campaign to have your lost rights and glories restored.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:40 am
Siegfried Shrink wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:41 pm There was the guy who claimed to be 'Moomish'.

If I remember correctly, Arthur Schlesinger once wrote a book in which, among other things, he described what I think he called "history as therapy". If you belong to a people or ethnicity which has a depressing or shameful past, you come up with a "history" linking your people to some grand empire of the past; and you can begin a campaign to have your lost rights and glories restored.
We wuz kangz!
That's right, The Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:22 pm Page 7 says that apparently NASA has been violating her civil rights by overflying her house.
That happens when you live just south of Cape Canaveral.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

That fellow was Herbert Studstill-El of Romulus, MI. He claimed all the usual government oppression because the cops wouldn't let him drive without a Michigan driver's license, he had invalid vehicle plates, etc. I haven't heard much from him lately on YT or PACER, but at one point claimed his own mother was in on the oppression (!)

(edit: clarified)
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Oh, Studstill has been busy enough - enough that I'm surprised he hasn't yet been awarded the prestigious "vexatious litigant of the month" award. The ordinary vexatious litigant order he did receive isn't nearly sufficiently distinguished.

The guy is still suing over the traffic arrest that Scott mentions above - the count is presently at thirteen, all promptly dismissed. Note the similarity between the complaint in the first action and the complaint in the last. Both contain something interesting - the transcript of the hearing in which Studstill was committed for a psych exam. His mother testified against him, and Studstill promptly sued her. The judge even warned him about the Moorz.

Multiple lawsuits flowed from that commitment. All of them went The Way of All Sovrun Bullshit.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

To no one’s surprise, the case has been dismissed with prejudice.

Looks like the Empire struck out...
Resume
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Resume »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:22 pm
ScottComstock wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:08 pm I've been following this husband & wife's YouTube and federal court antics for a while, and I'm thinking that someone sold these people a "Moorish Empire" package, or something similar. As best as I can figure out, they lost their children to DCF at some point (for what, I don't know) and they've been going full-out "Moorish Empire" at anyone and everyone under the sun.

The best document in the RECAP files from these idiots is this one: https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 13.7.0.pdf

It's utterly unintelligible. Page 7 says that apparently NASA has been violating her civil rights by overflying her house. Or something. Lots of other whining about all sorts of wrong that everybody is doing to her. Just amazing how hard her life is and how the government apparently has so little to do that every government employee she comes in contact with goes out of their way to violate her civil rights, engage in medical malpractice, etc. etc. etc.
Citizens or not, English appears to be their second language. Or third.
Praeterea Preterea . . . Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!