Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Republican Lawmaker: Recognize Sovereign Citizens or Pay $10,000 Fine

Post by bmxninja357 »

Republican Lawmaker: Recognize Sovereign Citizens or Pay $10,000 Fine

https://www.thedailybeast.com/republica ... ref=scroll

Um.... Yeah....
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Siegfried Shrink

Re: Republican Lawmaker: Recognize Sovereign Citizens or Pay $10,000 Fine

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... exRdmOjeWc

2017 court appearance. Personally I'd have found him in contempt until he purged it by behaving in a civilised manner. Tolerance of this loud and utterly deluded old walrus brings the courts into disrepute.

I am amazed that any political party would endorse him and any voters not just doing it for a laugh would elect him. Maybe New Hampshire feels he is a tourist attraction or he fulfills the role of Official State Village Idiot.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon".
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

He seems to be a pretty nasty batch of the me first sovocit, and not at all bright in the bargain, since he doesn't seem to even dimly comprehend how the legislative process works or how constitutional gov't works.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Resume
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Resume »

notorial dissent wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:28 pm He seems to be a pretty nasty batch of the me first sovocit, and not at all bright in the bargain, since he doesn't seem to even dimly comprehend how the legislative process works or how constitutional gov't works.
His dimwit followers in the court really skewed the total IQ score in that room.
Praeterea Preterea . . . Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!
Blackbeard
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Blackbeard »

Well, if the sovereigns' crazy theories are ever to become a reality, it would have to be enacted into law by politicians. So I can't fault them for getting one of their own elected. At least they're attempting to use proper channels. Still, I think its chance of becoming law is zero squared.
And ye shall know the idiots by their red-stained thumbs.
notorial dissent

Blackbeard wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:40 pm Well, if the sovereigns' crazy theories are ever to become a reality, it would have to be enacted into law by politicians. So I can't fault them for getting one of their own elected. At least they're attempting to use proper channels. Still, I think its chance of becoming law is zero squared.
So far Marples track record is zip all. The problem is that there are others of similar crazy there as well. He has gotten several others of similar mind to sign on as sponsors for his bills. So far they have all died in committee, but the fact that he has supporters in the NH House is still disturbing.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I think it was New Hampshire but I recall the pre Tea Party nutcase right wingers had a plan to all move to one state, and take over. They apparently had some success.

eta:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_State_Project
The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property. The success of the Project would likely entail reductions in taxation and regulation, reforms at all levels of government to expand individual rights and free markets, and a restoration of constitutional federalism, demonstrating the benefits of liberty to the rest of the nation and the world.
They were libertarian in the beginning, but we know the SovCit crowd saw this and thought they were finally gonna get to have real courtrooms!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Gregg wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:58 am I think it was New Hampshire but I recall the pre Tea Party nutcase right wingers had a plan to all move to one state, and take over. They apparently had some success.
Delaware would work better for them. The equivalent of our Prince Edward Island.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper »

Dick Marple is on the fringes of the "Free Keene" crowd, the video Siegfried posted above attests to that. What can you say about a group of "liberty activists" so repugnant that they got kicked out by the Libertarian Free State project? Several years ago Steven Colbert highlighted some of their adventures [Link]. Douchbags for Liberty is the most kind thing you can say about them.

Oh, and Christopher Cantwell, who is in the video linked to above, is better known as the "Crying Nazi" after the Charlottesville "Unite the Whites" rally. In little over a day he went from being the big strong Uber Racist in a Vice dot com documentary to bursting out in tears on his livestream when he learned of his arrest warrant. In fairness I do believe Free Keene distanced themselves from him by that time.

So yea, Mr. Marple surrounds himself with even bigger a-holes than himself.
notorial dissent

Yeah, they are a sad lot, the movement managed to infect NH VT and ME where they got one in the governor's office, but on the whole they have accomplished none of their agenda and managed to make spectacles of themselves, fortunately. if they had actually gotten a foot hold it would have been disastrous for the state(s) in question. The governor in ME has done a fair amount of damage there and continues to try.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

There was also that group that tried to take over some tiny county in Texas. IIRC they didn't actually buy the land they claimed they did, and conducted other frauds in the process.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

You mean Rick McLaren's Bubba Republic of Texas?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

notorial dissent wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:57 pm Yeah, they are a sad lot, the movement managed to infect NH VT and ME
H.P. Lovecraft might have been onto something about the strange folks inhabiting the Miskatonic region :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

I'm confused. If by definition you think the law is all false and/or doesn't apply to you, what's the point in trying to amend it to recognise your belief in its falsehood?

:beatinghorse:
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
notorial dissent

SteveUK wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:11 pm I'm confused. If by definition you think the law is all false and/or doesn't apply to you, what's the point in trying to amend it to recognise your belief in its falsehood?

:beatinghorse:
Picky picky picky, expecting consistency and rationality. :snicker:
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:53 am You mean Rick McLaren's Bubba Republic of Texas?
Ah, Richard Lance McLaren. Or, as we refer to him in Texas: "inmate # 00802782". I had pretty much forgotten about the guy.

He is still a resident of the ummm...... "facilities" of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice near Amarillo, and is expected to be released on.....

...... hold on.......

.............wait for it........

..............................June 15, 2041.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
BBFlatt
Captain
Captain

Post by BBFlatt »

Ah, Richard Lance McLaren. Or, as we refer to him in Texas: "inmate # 00802782".
Do his friends just call him "0"?
When the last law was down and the devil turned 'round on you where would you hide, the laws all being flat? ...Yes, I'd give the devil the benefit of the law, for my own safety's sake. -- Robert Bolt; A Man for all Seasons
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

BBFlatt wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:04 pm
Ah, Richard Lance McLaren. Or, as we refer to him in Texas: "inmate # 00802782".
Do his friends just call him "0"?
Or, do his friends ever call him at all?

:|
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

wserra wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:53 am You mean Rick McLaren's Bubba Republic of Texas?
Actually, I was thinking of:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mentone ... wn_Project