Doesn't file 1040s

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

apefarms
Swabby
Swabby

Re: Doesn't file 1040s

Post by apefarms »

I'm not claiming that all caps is significant in a court of law, so your arguing that is meaningless. I'm not claiming that anyone has tried this, so your arguing for proof is meaningless. I'm simply asking who or what the police and IRS are after, they come knocking. It seems that this board is incapable of providing answers - due to incompetence perhaps?

What I'm claiming, albeit while failing to provide any reference to a court decision substantiating it, is that there is some LEGAL difference between a living person and a "strawman."

Edited by moderator
Dark Optimist
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Dark Optimist »

Here's my theory - they received a call from the IRS saying they have an outstanding balance due and payable immediately and if they refuse to pay, the local police will come to their home or place of work. Since the police never showed up, they figure that the power of capitalization protected them and they are just looking for confirmation.

IANAL, but local police do not work for or with the IRS. The IRS has their own criminal investigation branch. The IRS is federal authorities, police are local authorities.

If the police have a warrant, they are looking for the person or property identified in that warrant.

Failure to identify yourself to the police can be a criminal offense in some locations. Failure to identify yourself to police will definitely cause you grief. The police are not going to simply say "OK" (or "ok" or "Ok") and wander away at your brilliance of distinguishing between the fact that John Smith is not the same as John C. Smith because one has a middle initial. If it were only that easy, I'm sure I'd get a lot less junk mail.
noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by noblepa »

apefarms wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:41 pm I'm not claiming that all caps is significant in a court of law, so your arguing that is meaningless. I'm not claiming that anyone has tried this, so your arguing for proof is meaningless. I'm simply asking who or what the police and IRS are after, they come knocking. It seems that this board is incapable of providing answers - due to incompetence perhaps?
Okay, the living (wo)man, commonly known as Al Caps answers his door one day, to find FBI agents with a warrant for the arrest of the person, AL CAPS. The living (wo)man, commonly known as Al Caps, is the one that is arrested. Its that simple.

There. Your question has been asked and answered. Actually, its been answered several times. You just keep repeating yourself.

BTW, if is not the IRS that comes knocking. The IRS has no authority to arrest anyone. They refer criminal cases to the DOJ, who make the determination to prosecute or not. The enforcement arm of the DOJ is the FBI. Local police have nothing to do with it.

And, yes, you are arguing that all caps are significant in a court of law. If they were, then your question would make sense. Your question is clearly predicated on the assumption that there are three different (at least) entities, Al Caps, AL CAPS and al caps. We have told you, and cited court cases to back it up, that all three spellings refer to the same entity. Thus, the FBI can (and will) arrest any of the three.

Again, though, I contend that you are just playing a childish game with us and that you don't believe this bullshit.

The same thing is true of notices sent by the IRS, such as a Notice of Deficiency, or a Notice of Intent to Levy, etc. While the notice may be addressed to AL CAPS, it is enforceable against Al Caps, AL CAPS, al caps, Al of the family Caps, or any other variation you may think up.

If you really believe that Apefarms and APEFARMS refer to two different entities, try it. Don't submit a 1040 for the next five years. When the notices start arriving, addressed to APEFARMS, tell the IRS that no one by that name lives there, only Apefarms. Come back in five years and let us know how it worked out.
If you do really
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

apefarms wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:41 pm I'm not claiming that all caps is significant in a court of law, so your arguing that is meaningless. I'm not claiming that anyone has tried this, so your arguing for proof is meaningless. I'm simply asking who or what the police and IRS are after, they come knocking. It seems that this board is incapable of providing answers - due to incompetence perhaps?
No, you're not "simply asking who or what the police and IRS are after".

It seems that you are incapable of posing a coherent question -- due to incompetence perhaps.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

apefarms wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:19 pm I did and found nothing. Perhaps you could point it out and provide proof of relevancy?
If indeed you "found nothing", you either lack enough reading comprehension to see it, or you performed the visual counterpart to sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling "LA-LA-LA-I-CAN'T-HEAR-YOU". You could also be looking for posts which exactly match the phrasing which you so desperately want from us, and ignoring anything else.

I'm losing patience with you -- if I haven't lost it already. Your "just asking" game wastes our time.Don't be surprised if your next "just asking" post is edited to read something like:

"JUST ASKING THE SAME QUESTION, AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN."
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

wserra wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:35 am
BTW, how does "AL CAPS" sound different from "Al Caps"?
It's whether or not it's said in a stereotypical hillbilly accent.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

wserra wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:37 pm
apefarms wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:22 pmcop has no reason to arrest the man standing in front of him. What is the reasonable suspicion that the man and AL CAPS are the same?
Because the team executing the warrant will have either (1) someone - usually the case agent - who knows the individual to be arrested from either surveillance or face-to-face contact, or (2) his photo.

Your experience in this stuff is limited to anonymous posting on the internet, isn't it?
My name is legally Greggory but its often spelled, on official documents as Gregory. I've been trying to get Ford Motor Company to spell it right for more than 20 years. My credit union still puts the money in my account. If by chance the Police show up with a warrant for Gregory, present it to me at my address, also on the warrant, and I manage to bullshit my way out of it because I'm Greggory, not Gregory...well, I suspect I'll be in more trouble when they finally get me in custody than if I had just gone in the beginning. Also, too, the time to contest if by Gregory they really did mean Greggory is not with the arresting officer, its something properly brought up to a Judge. I wouldn't be surprised where their are situations where a clerical error might mean effectively I'm getting off on a technicality, but police officer who comes to your door isn't going to be the one that makes that decision.

Obstructing an officer, false statements, eluding arrest....a creative cop with a love for arcane paperwork could spend all night filling out the forms for the asshole in the cell on the right for this stuff.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

apefarms wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:41 pm I'm simply asking who or what the police and IRS are after, they come knocking.
apefarms, in order to prevent a continuous game of ping pong why don't you tell us who you think they are after?
I have already stated my position. I am saying they are after the human being.
Do you agree or disagree? Please answer that specific question.
If you disagree please tell us who or what you believe they are after.
How long do you need?
I'll wait.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
apefarms
Swabby
Swabby

Post by apefarms »

rumpelstilzchen wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:17 am apefarms, in order to prevent a continuous game of ping pong why don't you tell us who you think they are after?
What makes you think I have any opinion about it whatsoever?

I would seem that this board lacks the necessary skill to discern the finer points of law. You really need to be clearing your minds of any bias, and picture yourself as follows:

Your call yourself Al Caps, man. Suddenly a gibberish transmission from the "IRS" addressed to AL CAPS appears. Since the transmission is gibberish and your name is Al Caps, you throw it in the trash. Some time later, a man wearing some kind of clown attire (read uniform) comes knocking looking for an "AL CAPS". Naturally, you're curious as to the nature of this "AL CAPS" (and the clown), so you keep asking pertinent questions to that end (see OP).

Well?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

apefarms wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:08 am Your call yourself Al Caps, man. Suddenly a gibberish transmission from the "IRS" addressed to AL CAPS appears. Since the transmission is gibberish and your name is Al Caps, you throw it in the trash. Some time later, a man wearing some kind of clown attire (read uniform) comes knocking looking for an "AL CAPS". Naturally, you're curious as to the nature of this "AL CAPS" (and the clown), so you keep asking pertinent questions to that end (see OP).

Well?
The problem here that you still have not answered why Al Capps belief that AL CAPPS is not him, is legally correct.

You have been explained that the name is not relevant, in fact, we can have arrest warrants for "John Doe" and those don't specify the capitalization or punctuation. A description is enough for an arrest.

So if Al wants to be an ostritch and bury his head in the sand when a notice with his name capitalized is sent to his address, without a solid legal footing to take that position, then he is an idiot and deserves what is coming.

Again, unless you can explain why Al Capps and AL CAPPS are not the same using sound verifiable legal sources, you will not convince anyone here you are right, and more importantly, anyone trying the actions explained in the OP will not be successful and will cause themselves great harm in the long run.

Finally, just wondering if you would cash a lottery check, as they print the name on ALL CAPPS for clarity? I bet you would, and then come up with a reason why it's ok to get paid in AL CAPPS, but not ok to pay bills sent to Al CAPPS.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

NYGman wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:59 pm Finally, just wondering if you would cash a lottery check, as they print the name on ALL CAPPS for clarity? I bet you would, and then come up with a reason why it's ok to get paid in AL CAPPS, but not ok to pay bills sent to Al CAPPS.
I just want his insurers not to cover AL CAPPS.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
rumpelstilzchen

apefarms wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:08 am

What makes you think I have any opinion about it whatsoever?
Do you have an opinion about it?
Yes or No?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
apefarms
Swabby
Swabby

Post by apefarms »

NYGman wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:59 pm The problem here that you still have not answered why Al Capps belief that AL CAPPS is not him, is legally correct.
rumpelstilzchen wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:21 pm Do you have an opinion about it?
Yes or No?
to both: how would the answer help you in determining who or what entity the "officer" seek?

Well?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

I'm left wondering, can he really be that stupid. Seems the answer is yes, and rather tiresome with it.

:beatinghorse:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
rumpelstilzchen

apefarms wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:42 pm

to both: how would the answer help you in determining who or what entity the "officer" seek?

Irrelevant.
I am trying to ascertain whether or not you have an opinion on the matter. My question was not an attempt to ascertain who they are after. The wording of my question was specific in order to make that very clear.
So, I will ask you again: Do you have an opinion on who they are after?
Yes or No?
It is a very simple question, a question that anyone can answer. You either have an opinion or you do not have an opinion.
I am not asking you who you think they are after........I am simply asking you if you have an opinion on the matter.
Now answer my specific question.
Do you have an opinion?

Tick....tock.....tick....tock.....
Last edited by rumpelstilzchen on Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BHF wrote:
apefarms
Swabby
Swabby

Post by apefarms »

And I'm "trying to ascertain" how or why my opinion matters in determining who the officer seek?
Well?

"Tick....tock.....tick....tock....."
rumpelstilzchen

apefarms wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:59 pm And I'm "trying to ascertain" how or why my opinion matters in determining who the officer seek?
Well?

"Tick....tock.....tick....tock....."
Hahahaha

I asked you the simplest of questions and you shat your pants and ran away.

Fish in a barrel springs to mind.....

If you cannot tell us whether or not you have an opinion then all I can say you need to think about this a bit more.......or maybe consult with a responsible adult.
BHF wrote:
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

apefarms wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:42 pm
NYGman wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:59 pm The problem here that you still have not answered why Al Capps belief that AL CAPPS is not him, is legally correct.
rumpelstilzchen wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:21 pm Do you have an opinion about it?
Yes or No?

Well?

FFS this is a person, not an entity. The person is one and the same, whether called by AL CAPPS, Al Capps, al capps, John Doe, JOHN DOE, etc. You can try the semantics game, but as Gregg, Greg, Gregory Greggory, GREGG, GREG, GREGORY, GREGGORY highlighted name is not relevant.

They don't care about the name, they are after the flesh and blood body they answers to the name when spoken (without regards to spelling, capitalization, punctuation, etc.). Do you answer to Al Capps, AL CAPPS or al capps as spoken there is no difference.

Edited to fix some spelling
Last edited by NYGman on Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
apefarms
Swabby
Swabby

Post by apefarms »

rumpelstilzchen wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:03 pm Hahahaha

If you cannot tell us whether or not you have an opinion then all I can say you need to think about this a bit more.......or maybe consult with a responsible adult.
Hahahaha

If you cannot tell us whether or not you have an answer then all I can say you need to think about this a bit more.......or maybe consult with a responsible adult.
rumpelstilzchen

apefarms, all I am asking is do you have an opinion on this matter?
Simple question.

I have an opinion. I have presented my opinion.

Do you have an opinion?

Yes or No?
BHF wrote: